Some Great Uses of USB Flash Drive
Posted: 19 March 2010 04:14 AM     [ Ignore ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-03-19

Some of the most giant gifts come in small packages is a very familiar maxim and this has really proved to be true especially with USB flash drive. It was really astonishing to find that a USB has more uses than merely transfer data from one place to another. Did you ever imagine that a USB can serve you with the purpose of an MP3 player or help you to lock your PC, or connect to wireless network! Here are some of the interesting things that a small USB in your palm can do:

1. Lock Your PC: We must have seen a person simply using a card to log in and log out of PC in some Sci-Fi movie. While this would seem unbelievingly cool to you, the idea might have occurred in your mind to have something similar to this. Well, then Predator is just the right thing you are looking for. You need to install and configure the freeware called Predator in the USB and PC and it will enable you to unlock and lock your PC with the USB flash drive

2. Connect to a wireless network: this is really cool function that is worth trying. If you have a wireless network setup wizard in Windows XP or WCN then, you can save it on the USB flash drive. This will enable you to directly connect to any router of printer or such similar devices that are compatible to WCN or Windows XP through USB.

3. Run Portable Apps: USB flash drive can also run portable applications like OpenOffice, or other portable applications by Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird. You can easily install your applications on the USB flash drive and carry all the necessary computing applications with yourself wherever you go. Not only this, you can also save antivirus utility, audio player, games and much more easily through USB.

4. MP3 Player: good news for all the music lovers, USB can actually be a good alternate to play music in case if you have forgotten your iPod at home or elsewhere. You can simply save your songs in the USB and connect it to the Windows Media Player or any other player on the computer that you are working on. All you need is headphones and play your favorite songs anytime anywhere you work and that too without worrying about the battery charging!

5. A USB can also prove to be very helpful for security purpose. If you are carrying any sensitive data in your USB that you do not wish to be seen or accessed by others then it is pretty much possible. Rohos Mini Drive is a security tool that enables you to safeguard any sensitive data on your USB. The tool gives you a platform to create a separate partition on the drive and then secure it with password. This tool can be easily downloaded.

Posted: 22 March 2010 10:13 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-03-22

Hi.. I have gone through the information and its been really good one to understand regarding the USB flash Drive..

Posted: 23 March 2010 03:01 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-03-19
carlcuper - 23 March 2010 01:13 AM

Hi.. I have gone through the information and its been really good one to understand regarding the USB flash Drive..

I strongly agree

Posted: 11 April 2010 09:02 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2009-08-31

USB can actually be a good alternate to play music in case if you have forgotten your iPod at home or elsewhere.I have gone through the information and its been really good one to understand regarding the USB flash Drive.