How to change screen resolution?
Posted: 04 March 2010 11:53 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-03-04

My five year old played an online game and now my screen resolution is messed up. I tried to change the screen resolution but it’s still not right. Any idea’s on what I should do?

Posted: 09 March 2010 09:10 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2010-03-09

Not all resolutions work for all monitors. Widescreen monitors have different display resolutions than traditional monitors. For example, a typical 19” widescreen LCD monitor resolution can go up to 1440x900, while a traditional 19” monitor resolution can go up to 1280x1024.

Posted: 17 March 2010 01:19 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-03-17

Screen Resolution depends on which operating systems you are using, like linux, window, mac etc.
So first of all give your query in detail so others can give you a better guidance.

Posted: 18 March 2010 09:20 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2009-08-31

I tried to change the screen resolution but it?s still not right.Widescreen monitors have different display resolutions than traditional monitors.So first of all give your query in detail so others can give you a better guidance.

Posted: 18 December 2010 02:46 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-12-18

Right click on any blank portion of the desktop and a menu will appear that looks like this.

Select and click Properties with the left mouse button. You will see the Display Properties dialog box. It always comes up with the Background tab selected.

Click on the Settings tab.

As you can see by reading the screen, you have a few options. Grabbing the slider bar with the mouse pointer and dragging it to the right provides higher resolutions, dragging to the left gives lower resolutions. Your monitor is running at whatever resolution is listed in the Screen area section of the Display Properties dialog box. If it’s 640 by 480, change it to at least 800 by 600 by sliding the bar.

The number of colors may be anywhere from 16 to True Color (32 bit), which gives you millions of colors.

Depending on your graphics card, you’ll be able to select one of the options. The better your card, the more colors you can display, and the higher resolution you can use. Experiment with this until you find a level that is optimal for you—attempt the highest number of colors with at least 800 by 600 resolution.

Click OK. You’ll see the dialog that says “Windows will now resize your desktop. This could take a few seconds, during which your screen could flicker.” If Windows is behaving, the statement made in the box will be accurate. The flickering screen is no problem at all.

Click OK to accept the proposed change in resolution.