3 cup rice (chawal)
1 cup split black gram lentil (urad ki dhuli dal)
1 tsp salt (namak)
1 tsp fenugreek seeds (dana methi)
oil as required
How to make plain dosa:
* Soak rice, dal and dana methi for 6 hours.
* Then grind them to a fine thin batter by adding little water.
* Add salt to it and leave it covered for 12 hours for fermentation.
* Now heat a non stick tawa and spread 1 tbsp of the batter on the whole of the pan.
* Grease all the corners and then cook it on the other side also.
* Put little water on the tawa and wipe it with a clean cloth before making each dosa.
* Serve them hot with hot sambhar and chutney.