Find out what wonders can lemon do for your health!!
Posted: 11 January 2010 02:02 AM     [ Ignore ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-01-11

Hi everyone,

Check out this really good health benefits of lemon.

Lemon is a small, egg-shaped, edible citrus fruit with a yellow rind and a juicy, sour pulp, rich in ascorbic acid. Not known to everyone lemon has got numerous health benefits.

Have a look on some of is health benefits:

a) Add the juice of half a lemon to the early morning tumbler of hot or cold water, for a clear complexion.

b) Lemon juice is an excellent treatment for dandruff and greasy hair.

c) The high vitamin C content of the lemon has been used for hundreds of years to ward off scurvy among sailors and travelers. There is little sodium, so the fruit is good as a flavoring for those on a low salt diet.

d) Have sore feet? Try soaking them in warm water and rub them further with freshly squeezed lemon juice. While hot water opens pores, lemon juice provides a cooling and astringent effect. Apart from foot relaxation, this method is also believed to induce sound sleep as it has a relaxing effect on your foot nerves.

e) Lemons can be rubbed directly onto skin and left for about 2 hours before rinsing. This is good to reduce wrinkles and treat blemishes. The treatment will work better if followed by olive oil after rinsing. It works by speeding up skin renewal and uncovering a fresh new layer of skin. However, it is important not to do this before going out in the sun as it will have a bleaching effect.

f) The skin of lemon dried under the sun and then ground to make powder can be applied to the hair for a few minutes before bath which relieves head ache and cools the body.

g) Lemon has been used for many years in gout and rheumatism. Lemon-juice is a diuretic. It, therefore, gives relief in kidney and bladder disorders. It has been used in destroying intestinal worms. It prevents vomiting and helps to cure hepatitis and other innumerable diseases.

h) The most valuable ingredient of lemon, next to vitamin C, is citric acid, of which it contains 7.2 per cent. Lemon contains more potassium than apple or grapes, which is beneficial to the heart.

Tell me how you liked it!

Posted: 26 January 2010 12:48 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-01-15

Great Buddy how you know about this in very details, it is really very interesting and knowledgeable things, I think you should be a doctor what you think,

If you have more details about other Fruits and Vegetables than please post here i would like to know more about these.

Thanks

Posted: 02 March 2010 11:44 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2010-01-11

Vitamin C which fights free radicals from damaging your cells and keeps you younger. Also, it has a anti-mucus effect…if you suffer from congestion, this is a plus! But make sure to brush your teeth immediately after doing this and dilute the juice with water, or it will wear out your enamel! I’ve never heard that it is good for your stomach…it is an acid and your body makes enough acid on its own. But it couldn’t hurt too much. If you go on this website, hcg it will tell you everything you need to know about this. It is also referred to as the Master Cleanse and it was invented by a doctor to cleanse the colon of all the waste. generally on a healthy body done only once or twice per year (every 6 months) it is okay, but it should not be followed for more than the 10 days.  😊

Posted: 18 September 2010 04:36 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2010-07-21

Hello Friends,
According to me there are many health benefits of lemon,but you simply need to arm yourself with relevant knowledge.
lemon is an inexpensive and easily available citrus fruit and also popular for its culinary and medicinal uses. if we are talking about the use ,It is used to prepare a variety of food recipes such as lemon cakes, lemon chicken and other beverages like lemonade and lemon flavored drinks and It is also used for garnishing.
It is good for stomach and skin care,lemon can help relieve digestion and other stomach problems when mixed with hot water and being a natural antiseptic medicine, can participate to cure problems related to skin.
Lemon is a vitamin C rich citrus fruit and it’s helps in dental problems also and one of the major health benefits of lemon is that it paves way for losing weight faster and easily.