What Makes a good Movie
Posted: 02 May 2009 12:57 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2009-04-30

Every year numerous movies are made by the film industries
but all are not liked. Some top the charts while others are kicked out of the box office. movies are often regarded as modern expressions of art. They make us laugh and cry and we often love to quote them. They edify us and enlighten us.
But the Question is that what exactly the Good Movie is:
A good movie should touch our heart and make us talk or think about it, instead of just being the means for mere time pass. It should have the capacity to teach and inspire us and provoke us emotionally.
It should be educative as well. It should be able to let us know about something new.one of the most effective In short a good movie should have some educative value for the masses.
A good movie must also provide some elements of encouragement and inspire people towards successfully overcoming barriers. Movies are regarded as the mirror of life. But this is not all.
The Plot: This is the most important part of the movie. Without a good plot a movie fails to attract and retain the viewers in the theaters.
The Characters: The second most significant factor of any good movie are the characters of the story. Without them there would be no story and no plot. Characters should be such that the audience like them.
Actors: We need good actors to make a good movie. Actors, who can justify the characters and make them, come alive in front of the audience. They must be able to portray the characters well so that people say that the characters are made keeping them in mind.
Script: Without dialogues movies look dead. Script is the life of movies so it should be very strong and appealing. A good script can even make people come and see the movie repeatedly. Last but not the least is the visual display of a movie with beautiful scenes.

Posted: 22 July 2009 04:26 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2009-07-22

The Characters: The second most significant factor of any good movie are the characters of the story. Without them there would be no story and no plot. Characters should be such that the audience like them.

http://www.directstartv.com

Posted: 27 July 2009 01:33 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2009-07-20

My favorite movie is Forrest Gump.Forrest is describing the scenery he saw when he was running across the states ? sun rises in the wild desert, stars come out after long raining, two blue sky on the top of another in the mountain lake. 

Posted: 08 October 2009 02:17 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2009-10-07

It’s story makes a good movie.which movie have a good storyline and design,definately people like it.

Posted: 23 October 2009 05:17 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2009-10-15

there are 3 or 4 factors which makes a movie good
1 st and the most imortant is story
2nd is the director only a good director can convert a good story into a movie
3rd Characters of the movie and to portray these characters, good actors are needed
last but not the least is story telling style

Posted: 27 October 2009 08:23 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2009-10-27

Including those Topic Which You have shared With us I’m also Sharing With You Some Of The Points Which helps a Lot in making a good Movie:
Touch our feelings: A movie should touch our heart and make us talk or think about it instead of just becoming a time pass. It should have the capacity to teach and inspire us and provoke us emotionally.

Educative: It should be able to let us know about something new. Nowadays movies are considered to be one of the most effective educational tools used to teach or educate people regarding certain issues. In short a good movie should have some educative value for the masses.

Mirror of the society: A good movie must also provide some elements of encouragement and inspire people towards successfully overcoming barriers. Movies are regarded as the mirror of life. Every story of a movie is more or less inspired by our life, by what happens around us.

Special Effects: Bad effects can kill an other wise good movie. I am Legend is the best example of this. Will Smith really is a good actor. His performance was strong but the creatures in this move were so bad that I can’t see myself ever watching the movie again.

Posted: 04 November 2009 01:14 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2009-08-31

which movie have a good storyline and design,definately people like it.

Posted: 17 November 2009 03:08 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2009-11-17

Yeah I Do agree With You,These all Things are necessary For
Making a Good Movie But According to Me Script,actor and Director .

Posted: 23 November 2009 01:17 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-11-23

Hi…
Thank you for sharing,I like this story very much.Good Work! Keep it up!

Posted: 12 December 2009 06:52 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-12-12

I think the originality of the story is the most important!

Posted: 16 February 2010 01:11 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-02-01

Story matters

Posted: 16 February 2010 04:33 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2010-01-29
karkate11 - 22 July 2009 07:26 PM

I agree with you. Story is very important part of the movie. If a movie has a good story then movie will be also good.

Posted: 17 February 2010 05:47 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2010-02-17

Right mix of good story, script, direction, artist’s performance etc can make a movie successful and good from the critic point of view.

Posted: 19 February 2010 06:12 AM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2010-02-19
moviefreak123 - 17 February 2010 09:47 AM

Right mix of good story, script, direction, artist’s performance etc can make a movie successful and good from the critic point of view.

I really thankful to moviefreak who gave a nice answer for this query and moviewatchlist seems to be fantastic website which i had found in his signature. -Thanks a lot !!