MARANTZ MCR502
Posted: 29 March 2009 02:58 AM     [ Ignore ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-03-29

Dear readers,

I bought the Marantz MCR502 on the 6th February 2009,after listening to many other sets but the quality of this set was the best by quite a long distance.
I bought it at City Electrical in Singapore. I listened to it for about a half a dozen times and only for very brief periods as I had just gone back to Sri Lanka and was busy. But shortly after that I tried to switch the set on but got a message saying ‘Protect on’ and the set shut it self off. After many attempts to reset it I finally brought it back to Singapore on the 9th of March 2009, as I was going there anyway and it was under warranty. But City Electrical asked me to take it myself to the service company for they said they were not responsible. The Service Company at Woodlands, named DAV ENGINEERING AND SERVICES, looked at it and Ms Mandy (who works there) said they will repair it and have it ready within 2 to 7 working days. They will deliver it back to me for a charge of $30. I had no other alternative but to agree. City Electrical have said they will not pay any expenses incurred by me and that Denon was responsible for this. After about 10 days after hearing nothing from the service company I called. I was told they do not have the spares and have to get them from Japan and it would take about 3 weeks. I was surprised and told them that I do not have that much time in Singapore. Then they said they will give over to Denon and I contacted a Mr. Patric who said he will get his service engineer to look at it and contact me. Daily calls to Mr.Patric brought only further promises. On the 25th of March I was told by him that the set is repaired and is under observation, and I can get the service company to collect and deliver it to me in the next two days. Since no contact from them I called the service company and after much reluctance from the person who answered the phone I was transferred to Ms. Mandy who said the set is not repaired and they are waiting for the parts. When I said I was leaving the country the following week I was told they will replace the parts from another set and give it to me. I asked why they couldn?t replace it with a new one, to which the reply was, I have to speak to Denon. Now they have promised to work overtime and repair it and give it to me on Monday, the 30th of March 2009,3 weeks after I gave it for repairs. But after so many broken promises and lies I have no faith in them. So will go myself to pick the set up, hopefully in a repaired state. In the meanwhile I will visit the ?Small Claims Tribunal? in Singapore to lodge a complaint. So readers?beware of these Warranties and brand new sets.

Posted: 12 October 2009 11:33 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-10-12

The Marantz M-CR502 includes a CD player, USB memory stick player, amplifier and an FM/AM radio in a small package designed for multiroom use, and with the build quality that we have come to associate with Marantz. This really a great package with CD player for me because i needed of it for nortel certification preparation CD.
In case you’re wondering what’s new in Japan, Marantz has just announced a brand new mini audio system which include information of microsoft certification and ibm certification that’s sure to garner some attention.