HP Magic Giveaway thread
Posted: 24 November 2008 08:10 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

We are a part of the HP Magic giveaway, which means you’ll be able to win over $6,000 in prizes from a contest we’ll be putting up soon here at Gear Live. How do you think the contest should work? 😉

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 26 November 2008 10:15 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2008-01-01

I’m not completely sure, but I dont want two things lol.

1) Nothing Random. I want someone to be able to earn their prize.

2) Not the same as DRAGON HDX contest. Just so noone has an advantage if they knew what the old contest was like.

Posted: 28 November 2008 01:04 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

I think this will even more popular than the Dragon.Last time i had some faults.I didn’t know that i shouldn’t post one liners in the blog.I won’t repeat that again if you allow me to take part in.I would say,either a random contest or the winner must be able to do any type of creative work. According to other sites,contest should be starting today here on Gearlive. 😊

Posted: 28 November 2008 05:43 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-11-28

I’m excited about this giveaway. Maybe something random or creative can go, but it should be something that is doable. I’m not that much of a techie :)

Posted: 28 November 2008 06:19 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-11-28

This is such an amazing giveaway. It would be wonderful for one individual to get all this stuff! As for the contest, something random? Or like some google contest thing where we need to find answers to really difficult questions and post them here and the first one is the winner 😊

Posted: 28 November 2008 12:38 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  136
Joined  2008-05-23

Don’t really care what the contest is as long as everyone has an equal chance at winning.

Posted: 28 November 2008 08:28 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-11-28

Its quite overwhelming when you think about what HP, Microsoft and so many sites are giving away. HP has exemplified something here, the gift of giving, so why not do the same? If I were to win all this hardware, I definitely could not keep it all. My brother would absolutely love an upgrade from his XP machine to the HP HDX 18 and my other brother would be excited about the HP Mini 1000. Why I would love to win this contest is specifically for the HP Touch Smart and media smart. The all in one printer and laptop I most likely would give away as a Christmas gift to a lucky member at the up coming Church harvest. A lot of folks are in rough economic times (world-wide)right now, giving somebody a laptop might not necessarily make ones life completely better, but its a nice gesture that will make their holidays a very special and memorable one in addition to starting off the New Year with a bang. This collection of devices is screaming, show the good in you, so why not make the ‘smart’ choice of sharing the magic too.

Posted: 28 November 2008 11:57 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-23

I think you just kind of jumped to your own conclusion here adacosta. Just because people want to win the contest doesn’t necessarily mean that they don’t want to share. I’m sure not everyone will be that way as there is always a minority for every majority, but I do think that the majority here is people who will be kind and sharing with this prize. It is the holiday season after all. 😊

Posted: 29 November 2008 09:06 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2008-11-28

That’s true uglyfido. But I hope whoever comes through lucky with this will at least luck into theme and the message being given here. If they don’t want to share, well, I guess that’s just their business.

Posted: 29 November 2008 09:56 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-11-29
uglyfido - 29 November 2008 03:57 AM

I think you just kind of jumped to your own conclusion here adacosta. Just because people want to win the contest doesn’t necessarily mean that they don’t want to share. I’m sure not everyone will be that way as there is always a minority for every majority, but I do think that the majority here is people who will be kind and sharing with this prize. It is the holiday season after all. 😊

Indeed.  If by chance I win I’m going to replace my TV with the Touchsmart and probably keep on of the laptops to replace the one I use for travel and whatnot and give the rest of the stuff to family.

Posted: 29 November 2008 03:29 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2008-11-28
darkknight - 29 November 2008 01:56 PM

Indeed.  If by chance I win I’m going to replace my TV with the Touchsmart and probably keep on of the laptops to replace the one I use for travel and whatnot and give the rest of the stuff to family.

At least the sentiments of the package is followed. I wasn’t saying go and give out to total strangers on the street - LOL! But you do have folks who would keep it all locked up in their room or try and make some money for the New Year, if you know what I mean.

Posted: 29 November 2008 08:45 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-11-29
adacosta - 29 November 2008 07:29 PM
darkknight - 29 November 2008 01:56 PM

At least the sentiments of the package is followed. I wasn’t saying go and give out to total strangers on the street - LOL! But you do have folks who would keep it all locked up in their room or try and make some money for the New Year, if you know what I mean.

Of course some people would think of selling it.  If I can’t use it all (and let’s face it, not many people will be able to use all of those computers) I’d rather use the items that I can and give the rest out as gifts but no I wouldn’t give it to a complete strange LOL.

Posted: 29 November 2008 09:27 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2008-11-28

I am specifically after the TouchSmart, Mini 1000 and maybe the AIO Printer. With Windows 7 coming next year, I want gear that can use all the OS’s new features. Multi-Touch anyone?

Posted: 30 November 2008 10:14 AM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-23

I just want the Touchsmart and the HDX. The rest would make for some very happy family on Christmas day. 😊

Posted: 01 December 2008 11:38 AM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2008-11-28

Could Andru give us an update on the commenting issue? Members including myself have resorted posting the Contest forum thread.

Posted: 01 December 2008 11:59 AM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-23

It’s definitely an interesting issue since it seems not everyone is having it. Hopefully you guys can get some clarification as to what’s going on.

Posted: 04 December 2008 01:58 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2008-11-28

So today is the big day. Well if you don’t win, at least there are 47 more contest going on. 😊 I wish myself and everybody the best of luck. There is definitely a lot of people who are gonna benefit from each and everyone of the contest.