Move your user files and folders to another partition
Posted: 30 June 2008 11:27 AM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

Never keep my personal files and folders (such as My Documents, My Music, My Pictures, etc) in their default locations.If something happens and you need to format the C: drive that means all your documents, music, pictures, will be lost. To avoid such problems you can always move them and store everything on a separate partition. This way, you can format the C: drive and reinstall the operating system how many times you need without risking your data.

I never knew any of this and will try it myself I have had to reformat my computer and lost all my information. I was not a happy camper. Now that I know this I will try it then I wont have to worry about losing my data ever again, that would be nice.

Posted: 30 June 2008 11:44 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2008-05-31

I keep all my documents and stuff in My Documents, but I do weekly backups of all my important files to an external hard drive and usually do a monthly backup of that to a dvd. I try to keep multiple backups of all my files in a few different locations that way if by some chance more than one hard drive fails I still have my important documents.

Posted: 30 June 2008 01:59 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

Thats a good idea to, I dont do that and had to reformat my hard drive and lost all my info..that was alot to get back again. But now I have everything back to normal and I am gonna back up my files to. Hopefully I wont have to do that again anytime soon but you never know.