Michael Jordan Is Back In The NBA!
Posted: 16 June 2006 05:17 PM     [ Ignore ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2006-04-06

Okay, cool your pants or your grunts of “What is he thinking?!?!?!”  Jordan isn’t coming back to play, although he could probably school 75% of the NBA, but His Airness is coming back as an owner. Specifically a part-owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, which is owned primarily by Bob Johnson.  Jordan will become the second biggest investor in the team and will be the manager of basketball operations, which will make Jordan a hands-on owner involved in personnel moves and things of that nature. 

Hopefully Jordan doesn’t make anymore dumb moves like taking a high schooler without a pedigree like Kwame Brown with the number one overall pick as he did with the Washington Wizards in 2001.  Basically, what I’m saying is, if your team needs someone to produce, basically right away, don’t go for the high schooler unless it’s an obvious choice, such as a LeBron James. 

The Bobcats have the third overall pick in this year’s draft, which takes place on June 28.  Jordan can redeem himself from 2001’s failure with a solid pick this time around.  Luckiliy, there are are a few big men in LaMarcus Aldridge, Tyrus Thomas, and Andrea Barganini that are available in this year’s draft.  With an injured Emeka Okafor and Sean May, last year’s second first round draft pick, the first being Raymond Felton, the Bobcats should go big.

Jordan’s coming back into the league will be a good thing for the NBA as he is regarded by most as being the best player ever to lace them up and hit the hardwood.  It’ll be a big boost for the Bobcats, naturally, because of Jordan’s roots in the state, where he helped the University of North Carolina win an NCAA Championship in 1982.  Also, you have to think that they players on the team might step up their games because they’re playing for “the man you couldn’t stop, but only hope to contain.”  With the athletic Gerald Wallace improving, as well as the aforementioned Felton who stepped up big and flashed All-Star potential when he started, there is a good base to build from.  Especially if Okafor can stay healthy. 

Michael Jordan, welcome back.  I have a feeling this go-around will be a good one.