Have you ever boughten something you found on Gearlive?
Posted: 23 June 2008 07:23 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

I know lots of you dont post alot but browse the site very often. I personally browse everyday at work.

Now to answer my question have you guys ever bought something?

I bought a T-Qualizer t-shirt i saw advertised on here. I thought it was the coolest idea lol. Plus who doenst want to have a working Equalizer on their T-Shirt while they are at the club/bar haha.
I also bought a couple other Wi-Fi and USB gadgets i thought were pretty neat.

Posted: 23 June 2008 07:32 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2008-01-01

Erm, not much but I have bought the iPhone (not sure if that counts). Also, I recently bought a Tokyo Pimp Watch as a gift for someone for their birthday.

Posted: 23 June 2008 07:42 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I didn’t buy anything yet but I have enjoyed the posts of the neat, little gadgets on Gear Live. I rarely buy anything nowadays, haha, I need to save up. There hasn’t been a lot of stuff that have caught my eye, but there are some posts that I imagine what it would be like if I did buy them, hehe.

Posted: 23 June 2008 07:44 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
jess1ca - 23 June 2008 10:42 PM

I didn’t buy anything yet but I have enjoyed the posts of the neat, little gadgets on Gear Live. I rarely buy anything nowadays, haha, I need to save up. There hasn’t been a lot of stuff that have caught my eye, but there are some posts that I imagine what it would be like if I did buy them, hehe.

Well you got a live a little lol. Usually the stuff i buy is like $20-$30. Its just cool useless gadgets that make my desk at work look all high tech and fun. Everyone at the office loves to come by and play around with all the neat little gadgets i pick up from gearlive haha.

Posted: 23 June 2008 09:23 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

The forums are active again!  This is definitely great as there wasn’t much to post about earlier.  I havent bought anything that I found yet on Gear Live because I don’t have the funds at this point, but I have bookmarked several really interesting articles—basically ones I wish I could buy, and maybe I will once I save up enough money

Posted: 23 June 2008 09:59 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

hehe what kind of stuff have you been looking at.
Things that are going to enrich the experience with your new laptop I bet!
You should definately pick up some fun little USB devices haha.

Posted: 23 June 2008 11:07 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30

There are a lot of interesting gadgets and articles that I’ve seen here on Gear Live.  I just don’t want to purchase those weird gadgets because they’re way over-priced and expensive.  I did notice the T-Qualizer shirt but it was too pricey—$40 for a plain shirt with a equalizer gadget is too much!  Hey, did you see that WiFi shirt?  Personally I think that WiFi shirt was even better than that equalizer one.  I mean it would make it easier to detect free WiFi wherever you go. 😉 

I was interested in other products on Unboxing Live like the HP Mini-Note.  I may end up purchasing the HP Mini-Note if I ever have the need for it.  Right now I just don’t think I really need it because I don’t travel much and I already have access to a PC at home.

Posted: 23 June 2008 11:10 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
Shan Gee - 24 June 2008 02:07 AM

There are a lot of interesting gadgets and articles that I’ve seen here on Gear Live.  I just don’t want to purchase those weird gadgets because they’re way over-priced and expensive.  I did notice the T-Qualizer shirt but it was too pricey—$40 for a plain shirt with a equalizer gadget is too much!  Hey, did you see that WiFi shirt?  Personally I think that WiFi shirt was even better than that equalizer one.  I mean it would make it easier to detect free WiFi wherever you go. 😉 

I was interested in other products on Unboxing Live like the HP Mini-Note.  I may end up purchasing the HP Mini-Note if I ever have the need for it.  Right now I just don’t think I really need it because I don’t travel much and I already have access to a PC at home.

I actually bought the Wi-Fi shirt to. I thought it was incredibly clever. But i see your point with $40 but really. A plain shirt is like $20 anyways so I didn’t think it was that much to worry about. Its really funny to wear the Wi-Fi shirt because all the IT guys at work love it. I love looking at new computers/laptops but I just dont have the money to go fishing for that kind of stuff heh.

Posted: 24 June 2008 01:15 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1441
Joined  2005-06-22

I’ve bought some things but a WHILE back.  Nothing recently, have checked out a few things but haven’t found them promising enough to purchase them.  I also got a few free things back in the day, good ol’ gearlive.

Posted: 24 June 2008 04:11 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2008-05-31

I’ve looked at a lot of gadgets on here but at this point in time I just can’t afford to buy any of them. Though once things settle down I’m pretty sure I’ll be making a few purchases, if for anything to annoy my wife more with all my tech gadgets lol

Posted: 24 June 2008 04:25 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
Supercom - 24 June 2008 04:15 AM

I’ve bought some things but a WHILE back.  Nothing recently, have checked out a few things but haven’t found them promising enough to purchase them.  I also got a few free things back in the day, good ol’ gearlive.

Haha Damn you Gratis Network! 😛

Posted: 24 June 2008 04:45 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I havent bought anything from gearlive. I dont buy anything online to afraid that some idiot will find out my bank card number or whatever and use it. So I take the safe route and just shop at the store, besides its good to get out and about.

Course I cant get gearlive stuff from there, I will have to at least take a looksee and see what is for sale. Nothing else maybe I could get someone with a card or somehting that isnt afraid of shopping online and just pay them back.

Posted: 24 June 2008 06:20 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
littlebull - 24 June 2008 07:45 PM

I havent bought anything from gearlive. I dont buy anything online to afraid that some idiot will find out my bank card number or whatever and use it. So I take the safe route and just shop at the store, besides its good to get out and about.

Course I cant get gearlive stuff from there, I will have to at least take a looksee and see what is for sale. Nothing else maybe I could get someone with a card or somehting that isnt afraid of shopping online and just pay them back.

Get PayPal or just get a preloaded Vista card then you don’t have to worry about someone getting your information.

Posted: 24 June 2008 06:23 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-19

I would still be paranoid that and I like to go out and shop and get the fresh air. My luck I am just better off going to the store myself anyway. I dont want to take any chances.

Posted: 24 June 2008 06:28 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
littlebull - 24 June 2008 09:23 PM

I would still be paranoid that and I like to go out and shop and get the fresh air. My luck I am just better off going to the store myself anyway. I dont want to take any chances.

Its nice to go out and shop but you can’t always find everything in stores and you can get a lot of stuff cheaper online. Get a prepaid Vista card and you don’t have to worry about a thing since its not associated with your bank information or any information for that matter.

Posted: 24 June 2008 06:36 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-19

Yeah I might check that out, I know I cant find everything I want at a store. I dont buy alot of stuff for lack of money but most times I just go out for the air different scenery. And just to see whats what. I might check that out though as long as they dont need my bank info I might be alright with it.

Posted: 26 June 2008 12:37 AM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

Yes. Yes, I have.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 26 June 2008 05:16 AM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-06-17

Yes, I have.  I am typing this on my imac. btw loved the unboxing episode.  I use the reviews for information.  Right now I am in the market for a mini notebook, so all the reviews are very helpful.