Iphone has become cheaper, Will you buy it?
Posted: 10 June 2008 01:12 AM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

From the news of Andru, that he got from the conference, apple has decreased its cost from $599 to $399, I think apple has taken this decision for middle class people, who were not able to afford to buy it before, will you buy it now?

Posted: 10 June 2008 03:40 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2008-01-01

If you mean the price drop of the iphones from $399 to $199 and $499 to $299, then yes. I will definetly be buying the new iPhone, even though there’s no 32gb iphone. Although, there are some rumors spurring out there saying that in September (the month that there are the most iPod announcements) that that’s when Steve Jobs will announce a 32gb iPhone and have a price drop on the iPod Touch due to the $200 price drop of the iPhones. So, I might feel a little sketchy about that and to be honest, I’ll be really mad if they do upgrade it to 32gb at September cause that’s the one I’m really waiting for.

Oh and a little advice:
Change the “$599 to $399” in your thread to “$399 to $199” so that people don’t get confused and so that people don’t bombard you with raging fury that you made a simple human error.

Posted: 10 June 2008 05:13 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

I was curious. Arent these just new contract prices that they released. That is just what i heard.

Posted: 10 June 2008 05:32 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-01-01

Well, that’s what people are saying but Steve Jobs didn’t say that they were contract prices. I believe that they are the actual phone prices because Apple would like to reach their goal of 10 million iPhones sold by the end of the year. I’m sure they’ll do this but at the WWDC Keynote Presentation that Steve Jobs gave he said that 56% of the people who wanted to get an iPhone but didn’t was because of the price. This will definitely solve that problem.

Also, there are some blogs saying that if you buy the iPhone you MUST get a new 2-year contract but the iPhone users who already have a 2-year contract will be able to override it with a brand new 2-year contract. For example, if you bought the iPhone on June 29th, 2007, you will have already used 1 of your two years on your contract. If you buy the iPhone 3G, you will get a brand new 2-year contract and must stay will AT&T;until 2010. So, instead of being stuck with them for 3 years, you are only stuck with them for 3 years. Also, if you bought a 2G iPhone after May 27th, you wil be able to trade the 2G iPhone in and get a brand new 3G iPhone but still continue with the 2-year contract that you got your 2G iPhone with. This is pretty much what I think is going on with the contract situation.

But if your bummed out about sticking with AT&T;, you can buy the 3G iPhone for the price of $199 and pay the $175 contract cancellation charge and end up paying just about the same as an old 2G iPhone would.

If you want to read more about just check out The Unofficial Apple Weblog They Have almost unlimited resources about the iphone.

Glad to help

Posted: 10 June 2008 06:02 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2008-06-08

Hey im still using my ipod video and when that breaks ill fix it.
im not gonna buy another ipod for a while
my ipod is my ipod

you dont cheat on your wife when shes alive
you do it when shes dead ;P

Posted: 12 June 2008 03:43 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-01-01
ClintWestwood - 10 June 2008 09:02 PM

Hey im still using my ipod video and when that breaks ill fix it.
im not gonna buy another ipod for a while
my ipod is my ipod

you dont cheat on your wife when shes alive
you do it when shes dead ;P

Well not if u buy an iPhone. Think of it as a poolboy for your wife or sumthin like that lol.