1 2 > 
1 of 2
Poll
Are you going to continue visiting Gear Live regularly?
Yes, I will be reading and on the forums 14
Yes, I will be a regular reader 4
No, I was here strictly to win the HP HDX Dragon 3
Other 1
Total Votes: 22
You must be a logged-in member to vote
31 Days of the Dragon ends - are you leaving or staying?
Posted: 09 June 2008 01:51 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

Curious - how many of you guys are going to stick around now that this contest is over? We have more coming down the pike for you guys as it pertains to giveaways (gonna make it a regular feature on the site), so I know some will stay for that…

But do you like our blogs? Our news coverage? Our community?

We want to build something that you guys will love using and being a part of. Let us know your thoughts!

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 09 June 2008 01:56 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07
Andru Edwards - 09 June 2008 04:51 AM

Curious - how many of you guys are going to stick around now that this contest is over? We have more coming down the pike for you guys as it pertains to giveaways (gonna make it a regular feature on the site), so I know some will stay for that…

But do you like our blogs? Our news coverage? Our community?

We want to build something that you guys will love using and being a part of. Let us know your thoughts!

Obviously staying.
On that note, since you say your going to be doing more giveaways.
I was thinking because you guys always post cool little new gadgets like $20 - $50 like new USB Devices, Light Up Shirts (Yes i did buy a T-Qualizer lol). Stuff like that.
Maybe make it purchaseable through points? If not that maybe give out a couple every so often. Its not very expensive and would definately lighten up the mood during the week. It would also be good cause your posting this stuff anyways so why not give it away. Mind you alot of this stuff people woudln’t really use but hey you never know.

Just my thoughts.

Edit:
Also wanted to noted a couple things on the forums I’d like to see.

Movie Reviews - I myself watch a movie in the theatres every weekend. I would love to have reviews made from the sneak peaks so I can get a feel for what the gearlive person thinks as I visit this site frequently.
Music Reviews - I also buy CD’s constantly. Would be great to have someone to critique cd’s even though it is very simple to torrent and find out yourself but just a suggestion.
Video Game Reviews - I understand you may not have the time to do this, but maybe have a contest to find someone who can and winner gets something upon taking this type of position? Would love to see video game reviews.

I do understand alot of this is time consuming but if gearlive does expand to the extent to provide this stuff it would be pretty sweet.

Regards,

Gohan_Bcc1

Posted: 09 June 2008 02:03 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

Definitely staying as I have been saying to a lot of people for some time now.  I really love this site as there are so many different aspects to it (having us look at the subsites for the RSS feeds was a great idea as it helped me to find everything, in addition to all of the other bonus points—now subscribed on zune and iTunes and such).  I really love how the site is so frequently updated—sometimes you get tech sites that are rarely updated and the content it stale, but I have been reading through the last month or two of blog entries and I have learned so much from them.  I also really love the community here, as everyone has been really nice and interesting to talk to.  Once the spammers leave and the regulars stay, this community will be even stronger.

I think the giveaways is a great idea to attract more people and to retain a lot of the community into staying more active.  I liked your idea of possibly awarding points or something for having your friends sign up.  However, I think you may want to make this so that they have to sign up and post X number of times or something so that you avoid people trying to cheat the system and just sign up random e-mail addresses or friends who will never even look at the site.  Anyway, I encourage everyone who was involved in the giveaway to stay involved in this community as it has such a bright future!

Posted: 09 June 2008 02:17 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

I don’t have any energy left.I’m very seek & i would love to stay away from the whole internet for as long as i can.I wish if i never knew about the contest.

Posted: 09 June 2008 02:18 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2008-05-31

I echo Buckeye. And I wants tehm future prizes XD
And the
Points are cool, most forums don’t do that. I hope that allows an incentive for members to post more high quality posts. Well I need to finish my project it’s midnight here. See you all ~~~

Posted: 09 June 2008 02:22 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
sushrukh - 09 June 2008 05:17 AM

I don’t have any energy left.I’m very seek & i would love to stay away from the whole internet for as long as i can.I wish if i never knew about the contest.

I’d love to act surprised. But im not. You really shouldn’t give up. I have 13k points and havnt won a thing from gearlive! No big deal lol.
Its only because I bought the last donut.

Posted: 09 June 2008 02:36 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31
gohan_bcc1 - 09 June 2008 05:22 AM

You really shouldn’t give up. I have 13k points and havnt won a thing from gearlive! No big deal lol.

lol well some people have to give up,
like sushrukh and i, we’re really sick so it would be hard to stay on here anyway
i wish i didnt hear about it either, it really hurts to hear i came in second after all that…..
i really do like the site though, and thanks for the chance anyway

Posted: 09 June 2008 02:45 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
sharkhead7854 - 09 June 2008 05:36 AM
gohan_bcc1 - 09 June 2008 05:22 AM

You really shouldn’t give up. I have 13k points and havnt won a thing from gearlive! No big deal lol.

lol well some people have to give up,
like sushrukh and i, we’re really sick so it would be hard to stay on here anyway
i wish i didnt hear about it either, it really hurts to hear i came in second after all that…..
i really do like the site though, and thanks for the chance anyway

so your leaving!?
after telling me you were defs sticking around afterwards!

Posted: 09 June 2008 02:55 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31

well idk,
i can try but its not definite….
as i said i really do like the site but even now i have a really bad stomach ulcer,
and i dont know how much longer i can keep using this computer, its not mine
i wish i could but idk…...

Posted: 09 June 2008 03:10 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2008-06-01

Staying!

Posted: 09 June 2008 07:58 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-06-01
sushrukh - 09 June 2008 05:17 AM

Well, you kind of spent too much effort going through 4 years of posts to increase post count.  Ditto for the blog-commenting system.

If you just went with the flow of things, you really wouldn’t feel like you spent a lot of effort.

Posted: 09 June 2008 08:55 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2008-06-01

I’m glad that the contest is over so no more thinking about it. It was a headache for many participants including me and I think Andru was having a pretty good headache from members. But I’m actually staying, the best thing I have learned from this contest, is that I found Gear Live (it’s not about the forum, it’s about interesting reviews!) I will keep check your reviews from time to time.

And I will not delete the RSS Feeds which I have subscribed to, I will keep checking it every day…

You may miss me in the forum, but you will not miss me from commenting on reviews and on the topics. To be honest, the forum needs much work, but your reviews is unbeatable.

I’m not going to participate in iPhone, unless there is another rules other than getting points because I have a life!

In all cases, whether there’s contests or not, I just like to watch your reviews.

Posted: 09 June 2008 09:22 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-05-31

I will be back from time to time. My favorite is the “Unboxing Videos”
I like to see new stuff being opened and talked about. It gives us a feel
about good products out there.

Thanks

Posted: 09 June 2008 10:04 AM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

Definitely staying.

There’s something I can’t leave on Gear Live, it’s like a drug. I’m addicted! I can’t explain it, it’s just something that Gear Live, and the videos, have that makes it unique to other tech related websites. To be honest, during the HDX Giveaway, I had two browser tabs open, one for the Gear Live homepage, and the forum. And they’ll be staying! I’m happy that I found this place. Great community, great videos, great everything.

So you’ll be seeing more of me here! 😛

- BoogerJay

Posted: 09 June 2008 10:28 AM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
BoogerJay - 09 June 2008 01:04 PM

Definitely staying.

There’s something I can’t leave on Gear Live, it’s like a drug. I’m addicted! I can’t explain it, it’s just something that Gear Live, and the videos, have that makes it unique to other tech related websites. To be honest, during the HDX Giveaway, I had two browser tabs open, one for the Gear Live homepage, and the forum. And they’ll be staying! I’m happy that I found this place. Great community, great videos, great everything.

So you’ll be seeing more of me here! 😛

- BoogerJay

I love the gearlive homepage. Looking at all the new technology is always fun.
I actually have boughten 5-8 items that I saw featured on this website haha.
Sometimes you have to buy those pointless $20 items that just look like fun.

Posted: 09 June 2008 10:46 AM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30

My experience with the main blog at GearLive was great, and I thought the news, shows, gallery, polls, and other parts of the website were interesting too!  This contest sure made me see all of the Gear Live network and see how great it is.  I like the fact that it’s updated daily with interesting news and content.  I also liked the forums but that was the last place I visited.  I didn’t like how many people spammed the board during the duration of this contest.  Even after this contest people started spamming and posting a lot too.  I think we need active moderators here to improve these forums.  As I stated in one of my other posts, before we start the next contest, we should have moderators that will be willing to moderate topics and be on the lookout for spammers.  This will improve the community and not discourage new people from coming and posting in the forums (I did see some members that were discouraged because of the spam, so they left).  Moderators is the big thing we need for the forums!

Posted: 09 June 2008 10:58 AM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

No way that i am leaving this forum,
the only websites i became a daily visitor in this 31 days was,
digitalhomethoughts and gear live, and from long time i have been a reader of labnol, he first used to host his blog in http://www.labnol.blogspot.com

In this 31 websites/blogs , these 3 are the only one’s where i found some useful information.

I din’t make friends anywhere but, i made 3 best friends in this forum.
Sharky, jessy and skyfuser. that i din’t get anywhere.

Thanks andru for this forum/blog/website.

The best part of this website ilike are,

videos especailly hp garage, i truly like these kind of videos because i’ll get inspired by these sections.And i expect these more from you, infact it is the best hing i like in this our forum
and the second one was, unboxing section ,where i see lots of gadgets, which i really din’t think about till now.

Posted: 09 June 2008 12:21 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2008-06-08

im staying i love the site. i have a felling i will be loseing alot of sleep for a long time to come ;P

Posted: 09 June 2008 03:04 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I will stay. There are alot of informative videos and neat gadgets on this site. I like the unboxing and bleeding edge. Maybe you might giveaway another laptop/computer again? I think next weeks contest will be cool, I wouldnt mind owning an Iphone. I liket this site you can check out new things before even buying them to see if you like them or not.

Posted: 09 June 2008 03:40 PM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I’m most definitely staying. I hope to be an even more active member of Gear Live Forums and help out around here, generate discussions and just have a fun and enjoyable time with everyone. With the addition of giveaways, I do hope that more people will join Gear Live Forums and participate. Gear Live is a fantastic site and with all the other sites with it, I look forward to what will happen in the future. I’m not leaving just because the contest is over, this is just the beginning for all of us to discover Gear Live.

Posted: 10 June 2008 06:03 PM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

Yes, definitely staying like the rest of you. Cept I have finals these 2 weeks so I won’t be very active.

Posted: 10 June 2008 09:17 PM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

gotta love highschool 😛

Posted: 10 June 2008 09:35 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2008-05-31

I’m staying. I may not always be active, but I’ll always be around.

Posted: 11 June 2008 12:21 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2008-05-31

It seems a heck of a lot of people here took this contest too seriously.

Despite of the lost, I’m still sticking around. I felt like I wasn’t going to win away, but my hope “was” alive.

Posted: 17 June 2008 03:48 PM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

I’m still sticking around but I’m in a war with my mom. She’s planning to lock the computer up COMPLETELY over the summer. There’s still finals and I’m still sneaking on. But I’m still reading as a guest. I’ll try to come as much as possible and get my mom to be nicer but no guanrantees >_<
MARIO FTW FOREVER XDD

Posted: 17 June 2008 04:29 PM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
Shady Freak - 11 June 2008 03:21 PM

It seems a heck of a lot of people here took this contest too seriously.

Despite of the lost, I’m still sticking around. I felt like I wasn’t going to win away, but my hope “was” alive.

haha that being like 90% of the participants.

1 2 > 
1 of 2