HP HDX Dragon Notebook Contest WAR and SPAM
Posted: 06 June 2008 02:57 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2008-06-02

“The Lounge” seems to be a battle ground for HP HDX Dragon Notebook Contest WAR. Spam is the main topic. Few members loosing temper and almost becoming insane.

Some members think, Andru is making rules for their own benefit.

I am guessing once the Winner is announced, there will be something like World War. Every body will be coming up with something to accuse the Winner.

Its gonna be a tough time to determine the winner.

Posted: 06 June 2008 03:08 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

You guessed it.

When the winner is announced, it’ll be World War II all over again.

The whole forum is going to go up in flames, literally.

I can not wait to hear the winner.

- BoogerJay

Posted: 06 June 2008 03:23 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2008-05-26

I’ll bet the HDX itself on that thought mate.I predicted this sometime back.
btw,YoniChoot dude thats one hilarious name,only few people here would actually know its real meaning.lol

Posted: 06 June 2008 03:36 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2008-06-02
DOOOMKULTUS - 06 June 2008 06:23 PM

I’ll bet the HDX itself on that thought mate.I predicted this sometime back.
btw,YoniChoot dude thats one hilarious name,only few people here would actually know its real meaning.lol

Ahhhh you got me. Thanks for your comment on my name. Just waiting to hear about that winner..

Posted: 06 June 2008 03:53 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I disagree, I believe when the winner will be announced, we will all respect Andru’s decision and will be here to congratulate the winner. I hope we all had a fun time this past week posting and getting to know one another, but I do not think that people will be in war and heated up over the final decision.

Posted: 06 June 2008 03:58 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31

lol! thats funny XD whoever wins is going to get their heads bit off by an angry mob
because of the terms and rules we are under there was a lot that was left out that could be argued against
i know im probably not going to win, but whoever does is most likely going to be a spammer who only did it for the first half of the contest and they wont be caught because andru wont check that far back
and then everyone will go crazy, the decision will have to be withdrawn, and someone else will be picked only to be critisized again and everyone will have to deal with it
the entire forum will be spammed about it by someone

Posted: 06 June 2008 04:31 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2008-05-26

@ jessica,so what if sushrukh won,how much will you pay your respects then ,lol

sharkhead7854 - 06 June 2008 06:58 PM

i know im probably not going to win,

you are already preparing yourself to be modest in victory,lol nice touch.

Posted: 06 June 2008 04:38 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

Man why do you guys hate me so much ? Because i wanted to win ? You don’t even know me properly.4-5 days aren’t enough to judge a person.Just because some members were saying bad things about me ? I’m not that bad my friend.And there’s no question about my winning.There’s not even a .000000001 % chance of me winning this because the admin doesn’t like me & he has to make the final call after all.

Posted: 06 June 2008 04:39 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

I know we can all be civilized people and respect Andru’s and Gear Live’s decision on who the winner will be.  The person who wins will be the person who deserves to win, and I wish whoever wins this amazing laptop the best of luck. 

To everyone: I really hope that if you lose you do not leave this forum.  We can rebuild this community to make it even greater than what it was, and I have really enjoyed talking with all of you so I really hope you stay with me at Gear Live.  Minus the spam, this has been a fun week.

Posted: 06 June 2008 04:44 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

lol! thats funny XD whoever wins is going to get their heads bit off by an angry mob
because of the terms and rules we are under there was a lot that was left out that could be argued against
i know im probably not going to win, but whoever does is most likely going to be a spammer who only did it for the first half of the contest and they wont be caught because andru wont check that far back
and then everyone will go crazy, the decision will have to be withdrawn, and someone else will be picked only to be critisized again and everyone will have to deal with it

Wow. Thanks for judging my character without even knowing me.

You think I won’t “check that far back”? Can you explain why you think that is the kind of person I am? Just curious.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 06 June 2008 04:59 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31
Andru Edwards - 06 June 2008 07:44 PM

Wow. Thanks for judging my character without even knowing me.

You think I won’t “check that far back”? Can you explain why you think that is the kind of person I am? Just curious.

oh no! i wasnt judging ur character, i just meant that most likey if someones spamming there are gonna be too many posts to check, and i know ur busy trying to manage the entire site.
being the last day id expect some people to start trying to rack up points at the last second and drive everyone crazy
nothing negative towards u personally =]

DOOOMKULTUS - 06 June 2008 07:31 PM

@ jessica,so what if sushrukh won,how much will you pay your respects then ,lol

i know im probably not going to win,

you are already preparing yourself to be modest in victory,lol nice touch.

lol! no i mean it, i have the highest post count in here but others have been posting in the blog comments much more than i have, because for some reason my computer loads the pages so slow i can barely get anything done there. i think its probably all the links and videos and things that are embedded

Posted: 06 June 2008 05:58 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

Nah it’s easy. I check your profile. It shows me all your comments. If I see a bunch of spam, you are gone 😉

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 06 June 2008 06:08 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

oh, right :lol:
so what about the people who are made over about 200 threads when the contest started?
i understand the original rules were that they were 2 points and they were changed to 1
so what would happen to the persons points, would they go down so that they each counted for 1?

Posted: 06 June 2008 06:28 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23

As BuckeyeFanatic25 said, I do hope to see a lot of people staying around and posting on the forums. I look forward to the contests/giveaways that Gear Live will have in the future and how the point system will continue to be part of the Gear Live site. As I mentioned in another thread, we should all be glad that we somehow, stumbled across the 31 Days of The Dragon and took part in a great giveaway that a lot of people did not know about.

Posted: 06 June 2008 06:33 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

I just have one request of the winner: be sure to tell us what you think of the new laptop, and when it arrives and everything!  A video review would be neat to see how you plan to use the laptop and how it fits your lifestyle and such.  We all want to live vicariously through Andru’s unboxing video and your video of how you like the laptop 😛

Posted: 06 June 2008 06:49 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2008-05-31

I’d do it just for trying out the laptop and showing my friends. Maybe I can convert them to being less tech-unoriented 😛 It’ll be nice to see if I can record streaming videos on the screen.
Can’t wait for the winner… (Buckeye)

Posted: 06 June 2008 07:04 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23
BuckeyeFanatic25 - 06 June 2008 09:33 PM

I just have one request of the winner: be sure to tell us what you think of the new laptop, and when it arrives and everything!  A video review would be neat to see how you plan to use the laptop and how it fits your lifestyle and such.  We all want to live vicariously through Andru’s unboxing video and your video of how you like the laptop 😛

I think the winner should not just show us a video review of the notebook but also the box that it arrives in and all the software that comes with it! I wonder if HP and Buzz Corps actually ships it all in one or all of them separately, but the winner should show us the boxes, the FedEX or UPS logo, all the software and of course, the notebook. Also, close-up looks of the engraving and maybe putting the notebook on a scale so we all really knows how much it weighs…haha!

BuckeyeFanatic25, you better stick to your word when you get it. 😉

Posted: 06 June 2008 07:25 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

yeah we want closeups! =D lol i know if i won id be waiting outside the whole day the package was expected with a camera to tape as soon as the fed ex truck pulled in XD