Poll
How many new post, comments and threads in the past weeK?
1 to 1500 1
1501-3000 1
3001-4500 2
4501-6000 5
Total Votes: 9
You must be a logged-in member to vote
How many new post, comments and threads in the past week?
Posted: 06 June 2008 01:55 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-06-17

I was really wondering about how many new post, comments and threads have been posted in the last 7 days?

Who from Gear Live has had to read them all? Yakes I wouldn’t want that job!

The next question would be how many new members are there now?

Posted: 06 June 2008 02:12 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31

oh many many more than you think, there are more than 6000 i would guess
and i have read through almost every single new thread in the forums, not only in the lounge but in every area
and as for new members, my guess would be a little over 60 new people that were just for the contest alone plus general new people who came here by other means

Posted: 06 June 2008 02:51 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

I think we cannot predict or say how many posts were there exactly because if we want to say you, we have to start counting all the posts in the forum, and i think it takes too long time to do that.

Posted: 06 June 2008 03:00 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2008-05-31

I’ll say less than 1500 threads, posts, replies, all of that, were created.

I mean, that’s impossible for us all to create 6000 posts altogether in one week. I think you were exaggering a bit there. 😊

Are you making fun of those spam activites many were doing? 😊

Posted: 06 June 2008 03:26 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-06-17

No Not making fun of the people that posted like there is no tomorrow.  I was just wondering how many post, comments and threads people thought were created and how many were actually created.

I come to GL for knowledge, fun and entertainment, I don’t always post, make comments etc.  So for me posting or making a comment is not second nature,  as it seems to be for many.

Posted: 06 June 2008 03:45 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

yeah some people are able to put up some good posts at a good rate from being members of other forums, theyre used to it
but some people like me cant think of any topics to make so i just reply to all the new ones that come out

Posted: 06 June 2008 05:16 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I really hope this giveaway has allowed a lot of people to get to know Gear Live, what the site is about, the podcast, other sites Gear Live has and that the forum is a great community to be part of. I’m not too sure how many new members have signed up over the past week, but I do wish that more people would have ended up posting and interacting with Gear Live Forums. As for comments, posts and threads, haha, I think there were a lot, a lot, a lot of them that have shown up the past week and well, it’s hard to say how much, but I do know there was probably a lot!

Posted: 06 June 2008 05:24 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

unfortunately after the contest a lot of people will just abandon the site :\
but at least the people leaving good posts most likely wont
i really do like this site, most of the others in the contest are supposed to be about computers and tech but their site didnt have any where near as much variety as this one, like the games section, and the unboxing and forums divided into different subjects
its awesome! and no matter the outcome i plan on staying here