What is old to you
Posted: 04 June 2008 01:16 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

A certain age? A set number of years older than yourself?

I was thinking about this yesterday - my parents are in their mid-60s, but I don’t think of them as old. 10 years ago, though, I would have thought of mid-60s as old.

Did that change because I got older, or is it that people are living longer/healthier these days?

So what do you consider to be “old”

Posted: 04 June 2008 02:01 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

Old can be absolutely beautiful though. Look at huge celebrities like Helen Mirren. She is absolutely stunning and I sure wouldn’t classify her as “old.” It all depends on your views on what is old and well, for myself, I don’t really know what is “old.” I think not having the ability to care for yourself due to old age would be something that I would classify as old. However, everyone should look at “old” people with lots of wisdom and knowledge and not judge them due to their age, that’s what I believe in. I hope to live a long and healthy life and stay active, even when I do get elderly.

Posted: 04 June 2008 02:36 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-04-30

Great saying jessy, u gave a perfect meaning of old that i did. I think i have to change the name of the topic to what’s old meaning, but i will not ha ha ha.

Posted: 04 June 2008 03:02 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I think your meaning of old is something that a lot of people think about too. Everyone has different thoughts on everything, so I think your meaning is quite nice too. I do hope that everyone lives a nice and long life and that when they are truly “old” and elderly, they don’t think that. I hope they think that they are beautiful and full of wisdom and that they continue living life instead of doing nothing but watching TV or something. They should look back at life and think of all the fantastic memories they have experienced.

Posted: 07 June 2008 12:59 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  299
Joined  2008-06-06

well since the life expectancy is only a like over 80 i would say 50 is old because thats over half of ones expected life.

Posted: 07 June 2008 01:01 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31

i would say that around 65-70 is old, the average standard of what old is has definitley been changed by technology and medicines that have been constantly increasing the average expected life span of humans
i know a few people that consider over 25 old :lol:

Posted: 07 June 2008 07:18 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-04-30
sharkhead7854 - 07 June 2008 04:01 AM

i would say that around 65-70 is old, the average standard of what old is has definitley been changed by technology and medicines that have been constantly increasing the average expected life span of humans
i know a few people that consider over 25 old :lol:

I also feel the same , that old really referes to an age after 65, i dont think it between 75 because, we may be alive or we may be dead, its completely on our fate.