The Last Few Days of the Dragon Strikes
Posted: 05 June 2008 08:09 PM   [ # 51 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31

yeah i hope to see everyone posting here too, just not as much maybe? XD
it was a really good idea this site had
a few people took advantage of it but considering the prize its to be expected
i still cant believe its almost over though, it seems like yesterday i was entering the digital home thoughts contest and now this is the second to last site participating

Posted: 05 June 2008 08:31 PM   [ # 52 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I am glad that Andru posted the time of when it was over, for some reason I was thinking it was Saturday.

Posted: 06 June 2008 06:46 AM   [ # 53 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2008-05-31

I am so nervous today. I didn’t even have access to our computer because I was being punished. Fate will tell the story.

If I win, you will be seeing me a lot more often 😊

Andru just made more topics about the end of the contest as you can see.

Posted: 06 June 2008 09:52 AM   [ # 54 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-06-06

I am a new memeber and i would like too get too know how this website works. It seems too me that alot of people are going after one major prize. that seems very competitive. Hopefully the person who deserves this prize will win and will enjoy their prize. May the best man/woman win.

Posted: 06 June 2008 10:23 AM   [ # 55 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
bklynprincss923 - 06 June 2008 12:52 PM

I am a new memeber and i would like too get too know how this website works. It seems too me that alot of people are going after one major prize. that seems very competitive. Hopefully the person who deserves this prize will win and will enjoy their prize. May the best man/woman win.

Hi, I am Shady Freak. You will love this site. It went from nothing and inactive to awesome and active. The point system is here to stay and the site owner or admin, Andru Edwards, will be providing many other prizes in the future. And yes, we are competitive, and you could win as well as long as you don’t spam and compose good topics. Beware of a user named Zaha. He’s an imitation of Andru and may compose a new account in a similar name as the admin just to win the prize. Report member who spam and contribute nothing positive to this forum. Good luck!

Posted: 06 June 2008 10:33 AM   [ # 56 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31
Andru Edwards - 05 June 2008 10:14 PM

“very very interesting indeed.”

“Thanks 4 the info.”

“Man very interesting looking thing.”

“Nice idea.”

“spy cam that is.”

And I could go on.

Again, this prize is going to go to the person with the most Points, who DID NOT spam the site. End of story.

Where did you see me writing only those lines Andru ? These lines were only part of my messages & not the whole message.I’m not sure about you picking only a single line from my entire message.I never have written a single sentence like that.Show me where i’ve written only those lines please.What i’m trying to say is, you are only showing me a part of my message,not the full message & i’ve never written just those single sentence ever.Show me where i did that please.You have decided to disqualify me.that’s ok but i was not spamming at all.I’m not a chile.I’m 30+ now & i’m an old & contributing member on 50+ other websites & i very well know what spamming is.Investing 21 hors in a community isn’t spamming but investing 21 hours a day posting nonsence comments & topics are,which certainly i didn’t.Anyways, you are the boss here & i can’t make you understand what i’m trying to say but believe what, it was only you & some of your members who ” tagged ” me as a spammer.All the other websites don’t think me like that.I’ve enough proofs to show you that what people are thinking about keeping me out of this contest & that not only in this site but in other sites too.

Here you can see me posted just the fraction of the proofs :- http://www.gearlive.com/forums/viewreply/227311/

Not all the people are lieing about me.Are they ?

Posted: 06 June 2008 10:45 AM   [ # 57 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

Andru, I don’t know what you think of me right now, but just to inform you, I didn’t spam on this site.

First of all, I was actually the person and author who composed this topic and I find that all of my posts have been meaningful and on topic. I have avoided to post unless crap on threads.

The least amount of sentences in one of my posts are two, long ones.

Even the people, like SkyFuser and jess1ca, who are good posters, lost some posts as well due to spam. I would say almost everyone who participated in this contest spammed a least a bit.

I’ve reported a small amount of users and I’m getting to know a lot about everyone. I’m not against everyone except the spammers. Zaha should be banned, now that’s a spammer there.

I will contribute to this site also.

Also, look at my posts, and look at the other users’ posts. Some had 600 posts at least, I never reached that point. So I am good at avoiding spam.

Posted: 06 June 2008 12:52 PM   [ # 58 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

@sushrukh - okay, you want me to call you out like that? Fine. But don’t you dare start questioning my integrity with what I am saying. You think you aren’t posting one-liners in the hopes if winning? Look here:

http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q208-mvox-usb-speakerphone/#c25127

http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q208-benders-redesign-old-electronics/#c25171

http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q208-os-x-1053-update-released/#c25172

http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q208-laser-target-alarm-clock/#c25197

http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q208-improvements-timex-rain-gauge-system/#c25204

http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q208-sharp-cmos-cam-module-rj63sc100/#c25208

Again, I could go on and on…And for the record, if you think that our definition of spam is “different from any other websites”, you must be insane.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 06 June 2008 01:34 PM   [ # 59 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

They all belong to the blogs,not the forum posts.You won’t find a single post of mine in this forum that are one-liners. And i seriously didn’t know that we can’t post one-liners in the blogs.I thought one liners were acceptable in the blogs but not in the forum posts.

And who am i to question your integrity sir ? I’m nothing/nobody actually sir.I was just saying that i didn’t spam in the forum.Yes,i’ve posted one liners in the blogs but i seriously didn’t have any idea that we can’t post one-liners in the blogs also.I didn’t see any rule when i’ve started participating for the contest & when i saw the rule, i couldn’t find any specific rule that we can’t post one line replies to blog posts.I thought it was restricted for the forums only.That’s why you won’t find any one line posts by me in the community posts.Please don’t get angry on me sir.I was just trying to express myself.

Posted: 06 June 2008 02:07 PM   [ # 60 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2008-06-02
sushrukh - 06 June 2008 04:34 PM

They all belong to the blogs,not the forum posts.You won’t find a single post of mine in this forum that are one-liners. And i seriously didn’t know that we can’t post one-liners in the blogs.I thought one liners were acceptable in the blogs but not in the forum posts.

And who am i to question your integrity sir ? I’m nothing/nobody actually sir.I was just saying that i didn’t spam in the forum.Yes,i’ve posted one liners in the blogs but i seriously didn’t have any idea that we can’t post one-liners in the blogs also.I didn’t see any rule when i’ve started participating for the contest & when i saw the rule, i couldn’t find any specific rule that we can’t post one line replies to blog posts.I thought it was restricted for the forums only.That’s why you won’t find any one line posts by me in the community posts.Please don’t get angry on me sir.I was just trying to express myself.

Sir, what Sir ... typical Indian Style of Begging…

Andru clearly said in the video about how the comment should be. Did you watch that?

Posted: 06 June 2008 02:11 PM   [ # 61 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2008-05-26

sushrukh your are such a lamo dude.look at what you just typed,it makes absolutely no sense.you are making a fool of yourself by what you just typed. you weren’t aware of “no rules for spam in blogs” man please.
Furthermore you were flaming about this site on other forum running the contest,and continue to come over here,thats just unacceptable,you should be glad your not permanenttly banned.

Posted: 06 June 2008 02:22 PM   [ # 62 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

I myself don’t wanna be in a site like this where each members bash others for their own purpose.I’ve an account in many websites & i can better live there.Zaha just shut up.You are the biggest spammer in this community.So, you don’t have any right to say anything to anybody.And who’s begging? I know i don’t have a chance.So, there’s no question of begging.

Posted: 06 June 2008 02:36 PM   [ # 63 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-06-02

We don’t have time to check in those 50 website to know who you are. If I am here to copy / paste I can post one post every 3 seconds.

By Posting Original and unique content, you are contributing to this Forum.

Posted: 06 June 2008 02:42 PM   [ # 64 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

Well if you don’t have time to check, i can’t do anything.That’s not my fault.You can check just one also right ? There are few members who knows me in other sites too.You can ask Smileyxx,Slugbug,Larrabee who knows a bit of me.These guyz are members of these community also.

Posted: 06 June 2008 02:54 PM   [ # 65 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
sushrukh - 06 June 2008 05:22 PM

I myself don’t wanna be in a site like this where each members bash others for their own purpose.I’ve an account in many websites & i can better live there.Zaha just shut up.You are the biggest spammer in this community.So, you don’t have any right to say anything to anybody.And who’s begging? I know i don’t have a chance.So, there’s no question of begging.

I think you should relax a bit. You’re blowing it for yourself. If you want to win, follow what the admin says and don’t bother flaming him. I’ll trying to help, but if you want me to stay out of your issue, I will. Why flame this site on another forum? Control your emotions. Your emotions is what is messing with your opportunity to win. I understand your feelings, but don’t take it out on the staff. Every site is different and you should be aware of that. Just go with the rules. It’s like immigranting to a different country. Everything is new and different.

Posted: 06 June 2008 03:08 PM   [ # 66 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

Thanks for your suggestion Shady.I know i don’t have any chance.So, anybody can ignore what i have to say.There must be some frustration after working so hard right ? And ask other members too to stop humiliating me.No-one is innocent here.If no-one says anything aginst me, i will not either but please don’t add insult to my injury.Thanks very much for the suggestion.

Posted: 06 June 2008 03:09 PM   [ # 67 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

sushrukh - you didn’t know that you shouldn’t be spamming in our comment section? Seriously? After we said over and over again, NO SPAM? You just didn’t realize it?

And then you go on other sites and start badmouthing Gear Live? I don’t get it.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 06 June 2008 03:14 PM   [ # 68 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
Andru Edwards - 06 June 2008 06:09 PM

sushrukh - you didn’t know that you shouldn’t be spamming in our comment section? Seriously? After we said over and over again, NO SPAM? You just didn’t realize it?

And then you go on other sites and start badmouthing Gear Live? I don’t get it.

Andru, can you answer my previous question on the page on how I’m doing?
You don’t any spam on me right? Am I fine or dead right now? They way you’re talking you seem disappointed at a lot of users and I don’t want you to be upset of me because I’m doing my part to make the community a better place.

Posted: 06 June 2008 03:36 PM   [ # 69 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31
Andru Edwards - 06 June 2008 06:09 PM

Seriously i din’t know that i can’t post one liners in the blog section.I can’t show you any proof sir but that’s really true.I though all the specific rules & regulations are for the community only.And i didn’t start anything about this site on other sites but few members who are common to both here & other sites, asked me that why did i lost so much points here ? Then i had to say what i felt like.I didn’t want to do it intentionally.I even sent you a Facebook message but didn’t get any reply from you.

As you can see i’ve not posted even a single 1 liner post in the community.So, you can understand that if i had to spam, i had many/few one-liners in the community also.But i never done that.I’ve never dugged up an old thread,never double posted as far as i can remember,never stole any story without giving credit to the original author etc.Yes, my fault was that i dind’t realize that i can’t post one liners in the blog.If i knew that, i wouldn’t have done that for sure.And please don’t get angry one me.If after so much hard work, you had to listen that you can’t even compete,how would you react to that.Also there are racial harrasments which i had to listen from time to time.If you want to keep me out, please do but even if i posted one-liners in the blog, i really didn’t do that intentionally because you know my most points came from the posting in this community.I had 1800+ points from posting in this community & only about 100 points from the blog.As i was here for all day long, i could easily write long comments in the blogs which wouldn’t take much time of me but i seriously didn’t have the idea that your rules ae applied to the blog area also.Now i understand that the gallery section is under this rule too right ? I thought both the blog & gallery section aren’t under this rule & this rule only is for the community posts.

See sir, i’m not fortunate like some of you who have multiple PCs and/or laptops to their disposal.I don’t even have a PC of my own,lost my father few years ago (who was the only earning member of our family) & i’m physically ill (i have all the proofs ),out of work because of illness & staying at my uncle’s house so that i can give my 100% to your community so that you can consider me as a deserving candidate.I’m not trying to give you a sob story but i had to mention it.I know it doesn’t matter to you at all though.

I’m not a spammer.You can just type “sushrukh” in Google & go to any website/forum to get any info about me.I don’t like to take shortcuts to achieve anything & i believe in hard work.So, i worked as much as i could just to prove myself but it’s my badluck that after working so hard & trying to contribute so much in the community, i’m still tagged as spammer.Yes, i haven’t understood your rules that i shouldn’t post one liners on the blogs too but i seriously didn’t post those one-liners intentionally.I mean,why would anyone do that if i knew that those are not allowed & if those are done, you’ll be disqualified.No-one likes to be disqualified after working so hard.I know you won’t give me a chance to compete but what can i do ? I can’t just buy a computer of my own.I do have a large family to look after & as you know, 90% of all big contests are only for the US/Canada.So, this was my only chance which i’ve lost.Now i’m regretting that i shouldn’t have risked my health for this but i didn’t have any options left sir.

If i have done anything wrong like posting one-liners on the blogs,they were purely unintentional.You know if i can invest more than 100 hours in 5 days here, it wouldn’t take me much time to post a little longer comments in the blog but i thought they were excluded from this rule.Otherwise i certainly wouldn’t have done that.From the starting, when people knew that i had the maximum points, people have started bugging me & trying to push me down,trying to involve me into problems etc.Those people who were behaving very politely earlier started bashing me for everything.My guides & articles are still there in some websites as stickied threads but when i’ve tried to post them here,people said that those are spam.I have some of the most longest forum threads here like a game thread , a guide on codecs , a guide on which sites ship internationally (in the deal section i think) .Yes i agree i may not have all useful posts but that’s normal when you had the maximum posts.Some of the posts may not be that useful Andru but if you go through them , you’ll see that they aren’t spams.Anyways it’s your site & i’ll have to obey what you think about me but please don’t think that i’ve posted those blog comments intentionally.I’m not that bad as you might be thinking.It was my situation which may have turned me a little aggresive in my words but really didn’t have any bad intentions behind anything.I only wanted to win because i don’t have any other options left.You can understand how badly i’m in a need for a new PC.When everyone were taking break, i was still here trying to contribute as much as i can ignoring my health.I even had a fight with my family who was seriously against me of participating in this competition because of my health but i convinced them that,if i can give my 100%, i may win but it looks like hard work doesn’t always pay you something in return.I’ve tried my best but couldn’t make you happy about me.It’s my fault for sure but please forgive me.I was just doing my duty sir.Didn’t do a thing to humiliate people or breaking rules intentionally.I hope you undersatnd my situation but i know why should you be sympathetic with me ? I’m just a member of your community who haven’t done anything intentionally.See i like to write long messages. 😊

Posted: 06 June 2008 03:50 PM   [ # 70 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-06-02

A good HP notebook similar to HP Dragon Notebook is available in India for Rs.39,000. Since you are a computer Savvy, there are many ways to earn some buck online. May be you can follow the example of Amit Agarwal of Labnol.org. I am sure with all your ability to contribute to popular forums, if you have your own site which you can monetize with Affiliate like Google adsense. You can earn some bucks and buy a Laptop with your own hard earned money.

My PC, Refrigerator, many house hold Items, my Web Server all I bought through Affiliate Income. There is always a pleasure… when you acquire something with your own money…

I am sure YOU CAN do the same! You are still young…

Posted: 06 June 2008 04:05 PM   [ # 71 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

I’m still young ? At 30 ? But have you read my earlier post ? I’m out of work for my illness & i do have to look after a large family.So, i can’t even think of buying anything for my own pleasure.Thanks very much for your suggestion though.I’ll see to it when i’ll feel a bit better.Thank you.

Posted: 06 June 2008 07:10 PM   [ # 72 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2008-05-31
sushrukh - 06 June 2008 06:36 PM

See sir, i’m not fortunate like some of you who have multiple PCs and/or laptops to their disposal.I don’t even have a PC of my own,lost my father few years ago (who was the only earning member of our family) & i’m physically ill (i have all the proofs ),out of work because of illness & staying at my uncle’s house so that i can give my 100% to your community so that you can consider me as a deserving candidate.I’m not trying to give you a sob story but i had to mention it.I know it doesn’t matter to you at all though.
Those people who were behaving very politely earlier started bashing me for everything.My guides & articles are still there in some websites as stickied threads but when i’ve tried to post them here,people said that those are spam.I have some of the most longest forum threads here like a game thread , a guide on codecs , a guide on which sites ship internationally (in the deal section i think) .Yes i agree i may not have all useful posts but that’s normal when you had the maximum posts.Some of the posts may not be that useful Andru but if you go through them , you’ll see that they aren’t spams.Anyways it’s your site & i’ll have to obey what you think about me but please don’t think that i’ve posted those blog comments intentionally.I’m not that bad as you might be thinking.It was my situation which may have turned me a little aggresive in my words but really didn’t have any bad intentions behind anything.I only wanted to win because i don’t have any other options left.You can understand how badly i’m in a need for a new PC.When everyone were taking break, i was still here trying to contribute as much as i can ignoring my health.I even had a fight with my family who was seriously against me of participating in this competition because of my health but i convinced them that,if i can give my 100%, i may win but it looks like hard work doesn’t always pay you something in return.I’ve tried my best but couldn’t make you happy about me.It’s my fault for sure but please forgive me.I was just doing my duty sir.Didn’t do a thing to humiliate people or breaking rules intentionally.I hope you undersatnd my situation but i know why should you be sympathetic with me ? I’m just a member of your community who haven’t done anything intentionally.See i like to write long messages. 😊

First bolded part: This is directly copy and paste from here

Intel Pentium D 820+ 2800 Mhz
Thermalright Si 120 with Vantec 120mm UV LED
Asus Commando (with FSB 1333 Support , Bios 1605)
XFX 8800GTS 512MB (G92) Alpha Dog 770/1100/2000 ( courtesy of Scott & XFX )
ADI 1988B Onboard Supreme FX ( SoundMax )
Logitech Z 5500 Digital 5.1 Dolby Digital , DTS 96/24 , THX
2GB Transcend Value DDR2 800 Mhz ( 2 x 1 GB )
Cooler Master Real Power M700W Modular PSU - Quad 12V Rails - Total 76 Amps
Crappy ATX Cabinet ( Cosmos S is coming )
Viewsonic VA 712 17'' LCD
Logitech MX 3200 Wireless Keyboard & Laser Mouse
Seagate 250 GB Sata II & Hitachi 80 GB Sata II
Samsung SH-S203B 20X Sata DVD-RW/DL & LG 52X CD-RW
Windows XP SP3 32 Bit & Vista Ultimate 32 & 64 Bit SP1 triple Boot

Yeah. You have no awesome PC. Who are you kidding? Triple boot? 2GB DDR2? 250GB Seagate with 80GB Hitachi? <_< I’m running a 256MB RAM with 30GB storage and a buggy 1GB RAM 70GB storage computer. And you don’t see me whining about my loser computer.
Second bold: Nobody bashed you. We were still as nice as we could be to someone who has been denying themselves of spamming.
Third bold: I swear to God (my first and last time) that you said you reported me to a mod for harrassing you when I PMed you apologizing that I said your posts were useless, and I would be happy to stop annoying you if you agreed to post topics that could generate topics and not just 3 liners and a picture with half the content of wikigiz.
And notice that Buckeye, jess1ca, Linu, and movvadinesh haven’t been bashed half as much, if not at all, as you. They certainly deserve as much treatment as you following your logic, but they don’t. I’ve PMed a few people about making many topics and they seemed to be very understanding and stopped. You were the only one that wasn’t and said you reported me. We’re not being tantrum kids, we’re just trying to make this place a better community. We can forgive you for spamming, but not when you start exxagerating about

Posted: 06 June 2008 10:22 PM   [ # 73 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-06-02

SkyFuser send me PM and I respected his words. I thought I should listen to what another member say from his view. I did not try to argue or try wash myslef with milk.

Posted: 06 June 2008 10:27 PM   [ # 74 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2008-05-31
YoniChoot - 07 June 2008 01:22 AM

SkyFuser send me PM and I respected his words. I thought I should listen to what another member say from his view. I did not try to argue or try wash myslef with milk.

Uhhh… I didn’t PM you. And what does washing yourself with milk mean?

Posted: 06 June 2008 10:29 PM   [ # 75 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-06-02
SkyFuser - 07 June 2008 01:27 AM
YoniChoot - 07 June 2008 01:22 AM

Uhhh… I didn’t PM you. And what does washing yourself with milk mean?

You did… now I am using a deferent username.

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
3 of 10