< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
2 of 10
The Last Few Days of the Dragon Strikes
Posted: 04 June 2008 02:55 PM   [ # 26 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2008-05-31
jess1ca - 04 June 2008 05:46 PM

Finally, we’re down to the last few days. As for you two bickering back and forth, I think everyone has lost a fair amount of points. I lost quite a bit this morning and well, I’m not surprised. I did end up spamming a little at the start when we were all full of energy and making a lot of threads and posts, but now, I’m starting to just reply and contribute to all the discussions that I think are interesting. In the end, it is Gear Live’s final decision and who knows, maybe they’ll end up changing the rules or something, but I doubt it. They will still end up looking at the points and checking everything that all of us have done. I think we all have a great chance to win the Dragon, but it will be their decision in the end and we all have to respect it.

Best of luck to everyone on these final few days. My hands are exhausted from all the typing I have been doing. I am aware I can shorten my posts up a lot, but I have always written in complete sentences to get my point across.

Quoted for truth. 100% Agreed. To admit, I spammed a bit too, but I’m not posting that much. Jess1ca, what do you actually think about these posts over 700 in four days? It absolutely makes no sense. I need you’re personal opinion.

Posted: 04 June 2008 03:27 PM   [ # 27 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

Well, I think if people have time to post that much, go for it. We certainly can’t stop them and well, I think I would go a little crazy if I was on the computer all day long, haha. I do need long breaks or even a nap now and then to rest my eyes and my body. What do I think about those posts? I don’t think that replying to every thread in The Lounge is a great idea, especially since some of the things that people say really can’t be added on…it must be hard to reply to something that really isn’t going anywhere, in my opinion. Will Gear Live look at those posts? Of course they will, this is a huge giveaway with a stunning and gorgeous prize package. As I said before, when they do announce the winner, I hope we all respect their decision and I hope they will explain to why they chose the winner.

Posted: 04 June 2008 03:34 PM   [ # 28 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
jess1ca - 04 June 2008 06:27 PM

Well, I think if people have time to post that much, go for it. We certainly can’t stop them and well, I think I would go a little crazy if I was on the computer all day long, haha. I do need long breaks or even a nap now and then to rest my eyes and my body. What do I think about those posts? I don’t think that replying to every thread in The Lounge is a great idea, especially since some of the things that people say really can’t be added on…it must be hard to reply to something that really isn’t going anywhere, in my opinion. Will Gear Live look at those posts? Of course they will, this is a huge giveaway with a stunning and gorgeous prize package. As I said before, when they do announce the winner, I hope we all respect their decision and I hope they will explain to why they chose the winner.

Yes, and movvadinesh is one of the people who’s topic and posts are flooding the whole entire lounge. Even sharkhead. I mean, he doesn’t spam, but movvadinesh. Everytime I go to a forum I see he name over 30 times in one look. Isn’t that bizarre?! I bet they’ll choose me if I have enough posts because I am contributing to this forum. Sharkhead accuses me of spamming. I mean, do you see me making a bunch of topics flooding the forum? That’s spam. The reason I make threads is to socailize and share some news. movvadinesh does the sam as well, but it’s gotten out of hand.

Posted: 04 June 2008 03:48 PM   [ # 29 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23

Haha, I know what you mean but like I said before, there’s nothing we can do. All we can do is post, have some fun and chat with others about things that are interesting to us. I hope these last few days will be a fun and great time for everyone and that if you do see a post or a thread, report it. I think Gear Live is starting to decrease the amount of spam and well, I just noticed I lost a couple of posts, so that’s probably from when I started entering this contest. This forum should be a good interactive place and not just about the points and winning the Dragon.

Posted: 04 June 2008 03:49 PM   [ # 30 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2008-05-31

First of all I can not see myself or anyone else getting sick over a computer.  My gosh isn’t your life worth more than a machine?  I mean we all would like to win and not by spamming but by doing it fairly.  I know I do not have a chance but at least I can participate in conversations and give my opinion.  But please people there’s more to life than contests.  Just a little over three months ago I almost died.  I had a heart attack and I am not old.  It made me appreciate things differently and I am very grateful to be alive because that same day the hospital told me that 41 other people came in with heart attacks.  Some made it some did not.  So you see you never know when your time is up so don’t get yourself worked up here and just enjoy your life.

Sorry for preaching but if you have ever been in my shoes you would know what I mean.  Life is too short.

Posted: 04 June 2008 03:56 PM   [ # 31 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

Some people who have a really high chances of winning are.I last checked these points yesterday.You may have got much more than this now.

BuckeyeFanatic25 :-  1650 Points

Shady Freak :-  1592 Points

Jessica :-  1446 Points

movvadinesh :-  1336 Points

sharkhead7854 :-  1079 Points

littlebull :-  1041 Points

I was at the top with 1900+ but now it has been decreased to such a level that i won’t even be able to compete & here i invested 21 hours per day for 4 days.They could’ve warned me first if they thought i was posting nonsence,so i would’ve stopped posting here & would’ve started commenting on the blogs or on the gallery instead.I even didn’t go to bed for continous 4 days with putting so much effort & time & Victor says i’m giving excuses to him that i’m sick.i can remember i’ve even mentioned about my illness in a thread much earlier.And you are right about movvadinesh but probably gonna win.i don’t have any idea why his 20-30 random forum threads aren’t considersed as spam & only me who has been targetted.I can list a 1000+ threads which should be spam but anyways, who the hell am i to decide that ? I’ve even sent a message to Andru in Facebook & asked him to come here & see what’s happening but i never got any reply from him.

They should’ve mentioned clearly in their rule that what kind of post they exactly want from us but the official rules came later when the contest already gone crazy and no mention of what type of posts they are looking for,quality or quantity but they have skipped alll the info.So, people had to start real fast because when somebody will see that a member is posting like 20 threads within a few minutes, he also will have to catch up with him/her otherwise he knows he would lost.So, he starts posting like him too.It was better if this contest would have been like the notebooks.com or Hardwaregeeks.com so that there would be no chance of putting so much time & efforts & will also be free from spamming.The idea of choosing the winner based on the maximum points wasn’t a wise idea at all.

I atleast won’t come back to this site again.Now i can understand that despite being a 4 years old forum, why we are the only members here who have just joined recently.All the previous members haave left the forum & after this spam fest, no-one will be here again.

Posted: 04 June 2008 04:04 PM   [ # 32 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23

So far today, I’ve been on here for around 3 hours and my points have only went up by a few points. :lol: I don’t know why that is, but basing this whole contest on points is a hard thing and I think Gear Live thought it would be a great idea. We all thought it was a fantastic idea until around day 3 when we were all exhausted from all the posting. However, I think when this whole contest is over, they will be looking at a lot of things rather than just the points.

Posted: 04 June 2008 08:41 PM   [ # 33 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

has anyone noticed that there post count is different beside their name then it is on the homepage? Is this a glitch or does anyone know?

Posted: 04 June 2008 09:08 PM   [ # 34 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23
littlebull - 04 June 2008 11:41 PM

has anyone noticed that there post count is different beside their name then it is on the homepage? Is this a glitch or does anyone know?

I believe the “Forum” points on the homepage are “Total Forum Replies” on the forum. I do think the point system is kind of weird, I’m not sure if my points actually do add up to that amount, but I’m very sure that Gear Live is monitoring all our points and looking at them. I believe BuckeyeFanatic25 said that the quality of posts is way better than the quantity and hopes that Gear Live looks into it and I agree. It will be an interesting end when this contest does wrap up and we’re all wondering who the winner is. As for my points, I have stopped looking at them all together now, haha.

Posted: 04 June 2008 09:11 PM   [ # 35 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-19

I just didnt know if it were happening to anyone else or not.

Posted: 04 June 2008 10:15 PM   [ # 36 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-05-26

For some reason, i still haven’t gotten my bonus points yet…. i dunno why… have anyone else gotten theirs?

Posted: 04 June 2008 10:19 PM   [ # 37 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31
Shady Freak - 04 June 2008 06:34 PM

Yes, and movvadinesh is one of the people who’s topic and posts are flooding the whole entire lounge. Even sharkhead. I mean, he doesn’t spam, but movvadinesh.

yes my posts are all over but theyre not spam
i said that SOME of your posts are spam, cus i think that u were one of the people that posted a few threads like “what is ur favorite color?”
as long as ur not posting anything like that anymore its fine….

Posted: 04 June 2008 10:23 PM   [ # 38 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2008-05-31
sushrukh - 04 June 2008 06:56 PM

Some people who have a really high chances of winning are.I last checked these points yesterday.You may have got much more than this now.

BuckeyeFanatic25 :-  1650 Points

Shady Freak :-  1592 Points

Jessica :-  1446 Points

movvadinesh :-  1336 Points

sharkhead7854 :-  1079 Points

littlebull :-  1041 Points

I was at the top with 1900+ but now it has been decreased to such a level that i won’t even be able to compete & here i invested 21 hours per day for 4 days.They could’ve warned me first if they thought i was posting nonsence,so i would’ve stopped posting here & would’ve started commenting on the blogs or on the gallery instead.I even didn’t go to bed for continous 4 days with putting so much effort & time & Victor says i’m giving excuses to him that i’m sick.i can remember i’ve even mentioned about my illness in a thread much earlier.And you are right about movvadinesh but probably gonna win.i don’t have any idea why his 20-30 random forum threads aren’t considersed as spam & only me who has been targetted.I can list a 1000+ threads which should be spam but anyways, who the hell am i to decide that ? I’ve even sent a message to Andru in Facebook & asked him to come here & see what’s happening but i never got any reply from him.

They should’ve mentioned clearly in their rule that what kind of post they exactly want from us but the official rules came later when the contest already gone crazy and no mention of what type of posts they are looking for,quality or quantity but they have skipped alll the info.So, people had to start real fast because when somebody will see that a member is posting like 20 threads within a few minutes, he also will have to catch up with him/her otherwise he knows he would lost.So, he starts posting like him too.It was better if this contest would have been like the notebooks.com or Hardwaregeeks.com so that there would be no chance of putting so much time & efforts & will also be free from spamming.The idea of choosing the winner based on the maximum points wasn’t a wise idea at all.

I atleast won’t come back to this site again.Now i can understand that despite being a 4 years old forum, why we are the only members here who have just joined recently.All the previous members haave left the forum & after this spam fest, no-one will be here again.

Uhh, excuse me, don’t I count, I asked you to please stop spamming, and then you reported me for “harrassing” you, and now you’re complaining nobody warned you. Do I see a contradiction here? Does it mean that non-staff members don’t have enough of a brain to know what’s spam and what’s not?

My points hadn’t decreased by much, although I didn’t have a lot anyways. But I’m glad at least I didn’t get damaged as much as you guys.

Posted: 04 June 2008 10:28 PM   [ # 39 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

but skyfuser most of the damage for those of us who arent spamming was caused by posts that were deleted as a result of the entire thread being deleted that contained our replies
so some of it may not even be our fault

Posted: 04 June 2008 10:55 PM   [ # 40 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30
tsunzilla - 05 June 2008 01:15 AM

For some reason, i still haven’t gotten my bonus points yet…. i dunno why… have anyone else gotten theirs?

Your bonus points are manually checked and verified when you win the contest.  As long as you take the screenshots and post them in the appropriate topic that was mentioned on the rules page, your bonus points will be counted. 

From what I have seen a lot of topics have been created in this forum, this is mainly because contest deadline is coming near and people really want this Notebook PC.  I said this in the beginning, and I’ll say it again.  Only those who make quality posts will succeed in this contest.  Just spamming the forums, posting one line posts will not help.  Creating useless topics won’t help either.  Use your judgment before you post.

Just because you have the most posts doesn’t necessarily mean that you will win.  So don’t try to just increase your post count, actually contribute to the discussions.  Make posts that are helpful and improve the GearLive community.

Posted: 04 June 2008 11:02 PM   [ # 41 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

thats why i havent posted that many threads at all, because i can aknowledge the fact that i cant think of a thread idea thats actually worth talking about
some people dont even look like theyre trying, and i hope that even if they get the most points they arent chosen because its just wrong that others really are trying to contribute

Posted: 05 June 2008 08:11 AM   [ # 42 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

Wow, now my personal business has been released. Thanks, now I’m going to die now.
Buckeye is in the lead? That sucks. My points dramatically decreased, as you can see, I’ve lost like what 70 posts, if not more?!

I like the debate going on in here. 😊

Posted: 05 June 2008 08:25 AM   [ # 43 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

Some people ( except me, Shark & Shady) were completely lieing that their points are getting decreased while that’s false.I’ve visited their points page multiple times when they were saying that their points are getting decreased but i’ve noticed no change in their points.It’s being said by some members because they know if they say, that their points are getting decreased, others may become a bit easy on their posting speeds.Nobody said the right thing about their points.Anyways, i predict Buckeye will win.He was at the number two after me but currently i think, he’s out of reach for others & i’ve visited his point’s page more than 10 times & his points didn’t decrease a bit even though he may disagree with it.

Posted: 05 June 2008 08:26 AM   [ # 44 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23

It’s finally day 6 of this giveaway and I do wish that Gear Live would post an update and at least mention the date and time when this contest will end. As for them deleting spam threads/posts, that is awesome, but everyone is losing total posts/points due to that, which is interesting when they mention that the “highest person with points” will win, of course, taking into consideration spamming and everything. I have tried adding up my points, but they really do not add up at all and I am curious to know what they are doing with our points. Do they decrease them every time we get reported, or something? It is truly odd how the point system is working and I do wish there was a point breakdown on the site in the future for the point system. I think they’re still in the process of deleting threads/posts, so our total posts/points will continue to go up and down and up and down. Best of luck everyone on these last few days, I’m having a blast so far.

Posted: 05 June 2008 08:32 AM   [ # 45 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
sushrukh - 05 June 2008 11:25 AM

Some people ( except me, Shark & Shady) were completely lieing that their points are getting decreased while that’s false.I’ve visited their points page multiple times when they were saying that their points are getting decreased but i’ve noticed no change in their points.It’s being said by some members because they know if they say, that their points are getting decreased, others may become a bit easy on their posting speeds.Nobody said the right thing about their points.Anyways, i predict Buckeye will win.He was at the number two after me but currently i think, he’s out of reach for others & i’ve visited his point’s page more than 10 times & his points didn’t decrease a bit even though he may disagree with it.

I agree with you. If I don’t win, I would rather have Buckeye, jess1ca or you to have the laptop.
You are probably some of the nicest users on this site. I’ve been doing some wrong things lately in my household, so I wonder if karma will affect my chances of winning.
I think movvadinesh is in the lead though.

Posted: 05 June 2008 08:52 AM   [ # 46 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

Well even if you don’t win , you atleast have the guts to accept that you did a bit of spamming.Everyone did but don’t really want to accept that.If i knew that posting interesting guides,articles & posting about new technologies would be considered as spam, i wouldn’t have posted them.I write articles & guides for several reputed websites like Bjorn3d.com,Deriverheaven.com,Hard[O]CP,Bootdaily.com etc & they have posted my guides as stickied threads.I’m a member of several websites/communities with dignity but this is the only site where i had to listen that i’m posting useless things.If posting guides,articles,how-tos & interesting new technologies are considered as spam , i donno what i could post more.I’ve reported about the spam issue going on here to the Buzzcorps.com.I doubt i’ll get a reply though.Didn’t mention anyone’s name though.And best of luck sister, but i think to win, you’ll have to spam even more like the others are doing.

Posted: 05 June 2008 07:14 PM   [ # 47 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

@sushrukh - Yeah, I saw you emailed Buzz Corps. I have a copy of it. You do realize that this is Gear Live’s contest, and not Buzz Corps contest, right? What did you expect them to do?

There is one thing you need to realize. You said you spent 21 hours a day on the site for a number of days, right? Guess what - anyone posting on the site for 21 out of 24 hours in a day is spamming. No matter what you are contributing. It’s just a constant deluge of information.

By the way, I have all of your on-site comments here as well. You are trying to tell me that you weren’t spamming? You genuinely believe that comments like the following contribute to the site?:

“very very interesting indeed.”

“Thanks 4 the info.”

“Man very interesting looking thing.”

“Nice idea.”

“spy cam that is.”

And I could go on.

Again, this prize is going to go to the person with the most Points, who DID NOT spam the site. End of story.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 05 June 2008 07:39 PM   [ # 48 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2008-05-24

Thanks for the clarification, Andru. kinda gives me some hope that i might still have a chance. I tried to stick around and not spam, not sure if I really did or not. I also tried to put in some good stuff. As far as the contest goes, it was a wonderful idea, even with the spammers. it was kinda interesting to see what topics were posted 2 minutes apart that really had no relevance to Gear Live. But anyway, I like the site, for what its worth, and I am glad the contest brought me around to it. Good Luck to whoever is still in the running, and Congrats to the (soon to be announced) winner. I had fun trying to keep up, but family is more important, as some people noted in the beginning.

Posted: 05 June 2008 07:40 PM   [ # 49 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-19

I dont think that all the old posts should not be bought up, I mean some are still educational and some like the videos are stuff that I knew nothing about.

Posted: 05 June 2008 07:43 PM   [ # 50 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23

Well, there’s only one more day left in this contest and I have had a blast chatting with everyone and just having fun on the site. I can’t believe an entire week went back so quickly. This contest idea was one of the most unique contest ideas for the 31 Days of The Dragon and well, it was a great way to get to know Gear Live a lot better. I hope to see everyone in the future on here posting away and well, it’s been a great week. 😊

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
2 of 10