Debate: Would you want to smell what is going on in the movie you are watching?
Posted: 03 June 2008 01:12 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

Ok this might sound odd at first, but there are some patents already out there that want to integrate smell into a theater experience.  I for one am unsure about this idea—do I really want to be smelling all that is going on?  What if people start getting sick around me?  We already have to worry about motion sickness and now this!  What are your thoughts about this?  I would be interested to see how many of you accept or reject this idea

Posted: 03 June 2008 05:07 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

Would depend on what the smell was. I mean if its a bad smell then no I would not want to smell that.

Posted: 07 June 2008 06:43 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31

what about for movies like 28 weeks later?
im pretty sure you wouldnt wanna be smelling dead bodies and blood >__>

Posted: 28 June 2008 01:21 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

If the movie had all good smells then I wouldnt mind that. But if the movie had like gas smells or blood or dead body smell then no. What if you were in a movie theater and the movie had bad smells in it and someone got sick to their stomach. That movie wouldnt make much money for the theater then. But if the movie were good smells then it may attract more people so maybe they could just do a good smell movie.

Posted: 28 June 2008 09:53 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

Wow, very weird topic, but I think it would make the experience that more dramatic and entertaining, haha. However, I don’t think I would, just because I like to smell the clean air! I know a lot of people would go for it and well, it does seem like an interesting idea to integrate it with the movie-going experience!