A few Xp tricks and tips
Posted: 02 June 2008 05:15 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

No to All during file copy

Have you ever copied a series of files to another folder and Windows will prompt you to replace the existing files? There?s a ?Yes to All? option ? but did you know there is also ?No to all?? Simply hold Shift and press the No button in the dialog.

Quick page navigation in Internet Explorer

If you have a scroll mouse, this tip may be useful for you. Hold Shift and scroll your mouse wheel to go back a page, or scroll the wheel away from you to go forward.

Quit Windows Explorer the proper way

Did you know there is a more elegant way of shutting down Windows Explorer instead of just ending the EXPLORER.EXE process with Task Manager? Click Start, and then click ?Turn Off Computer?. Hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift and press Cancel. Windows Explorer will then quit.

Backwards Alt+Tab

Almost everyone at some point while using Windows has hit Alt+Tab to switch windows. But did you know you can do this in a reverse order? Just press Alt+Shift+Tab instead.

Open My Computer quickly

If you need to open My Computer quickly, press WinKey+R and type ??? (without the quotes). This will open My Computer.

Bypass the CD/DVD AutoRun Function

A well known trick with Windows when inserting a CD or DVD into your optical drive is to hold the Shift key while the disc is being read. This will stop any AutoRun dialog or application from being displayed.

Create a hidden network share

If you want to create a network share on a computer so that only you know the path (it will not show up in My Network Places on other workgroup computers), simply create the share and add a $ sign after the share name.

Copy and Paste error messages

Ever get a funky error message in Windows that is too long to type out, but you want to save the message (for research, troubleshooting, etc)? Well, it?s simple. Click on the Error dialog so that it is the active window. Press Ctrl+C. Next, open Notepad or another text editor of your choice and press Ctrl+V.

Windows Sound Mixer Mini

Double click on the volume icon in your notification area, next to the clock. Press Ctrl+S. This will make the Sound mixer smaller. To revert to the default settings, press Ctrl+S again.

Automatically add www. and .com to your addresses in Internet Explorer

Have you ever wanted to go to a .com site but are too lazy to type those extra four letters? Press Ctrl+Enter, and Internet Explorer will automatically complete the address for you.

Some other quickies?.

Display System Properties Quickly ? Press WinKey+Pause.

Open File/Folder Properties ? Hold Alt and double click on the file/folder.

Open a folder in a new window ? Hold Ctrl and double click on the folder.

Open a folder in a new window with the folders list open ? Hold Shift and double click on the folder.

Open a new Windows Explorer window ? Press WinKey+E.

Open a new Search window ? Press WinKey+F.

Show the Desktop - Press WinKey+D.

Minimize or Restore windows - Press WinKey+M to minimize and WinKey+Shift+M to restore.

Posted: 02 June 2008 07:56 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I have done some googling and to make my pc go just a hair faster I have disabled some features. Just some little things that you really dont have to have on your computer. Some of these tips and tricks are good to know especiallly if your are looking for speed or just to save some space on your computer looks like you have covered it just wanted to eloborate a little bit.

Posted: 03 June 2008 12:39 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

I’ve seen so much XP treaks that nearly everything looks common to me.Thanks for sharing though.If anything in that list which i don’t know, i’ll save that for later use.Thank you. 😊

Posted: 03 June 2008 05:16 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30
sushrukh - 03 June 2008 03:39 AM

I’ve seen so much XP treaks that nearly everything looks common to me.Thanks for sharing though.If anything in that list which i don’t know, i’ll save that for later use.Thank you. 😊

No mention Shushrukh, i posted this coz it might help some people who really dont know abt these.

Posted: 22 June 2010 05:13 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-06-22

Great. I think more than 40% users use XP. Even i am using XP from many years..But i never come to know this trick. This post is really awesome and give me informative knowledge about XP.

Posted: 23 June 2010 05:26 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-06-23

This is very good short cuts and tricks which you have shared here. Most of the people use XP up till now even I am also use this. So these shortcuts are very useful while working with XP. Thanks for sharing.

Posted: 29 June 2010 05:06 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-06-25

guys you can get better than it in simple search of Google they will provide you the more and best results..

Posted: 30 June 2010 03:20 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-06-30

This page is an attempt t0 put all my inf0rmati0n in 0ne place Farmville and share my kn0wledge with y0u ... I h0pe y0u find useful. I'm still learning, but t0 share with y0u al0ng the way they are.

Posted: 30 June 2010 06:14 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-06-30

I have tried some of these tricks but some of them are totally new to me.I will definitely use try these win xp tricks.

Posted: 16 July 2010 06:32 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-07-16

I did some googling and get your PC just a hair faster, make sure I have some features disabled. Just a few little things that you really do not have on your computer. Especiallly know these tips and tricks are good if your speed or just to save some space on your computer looks like you are looking for has it covered only a small eloborate wanted.

Posted: 21 August 2010 10:31 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-08-21

Some of the tricks didn’t work. I think I didn’t get it.