1 2 3 > 
1 of 3
The Contest
Posted: 02 June 2008 11:20 AM     [ Ignore ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2008-05-31

I am not claiming that I don’t want to win the New Hot HP PC, But at what cost. This contest is turning this website into just another place where people Spam about useless topics. Is this Contest killing what the point behind this forum? I mean I am not a sinister person but since this contest I have seen so many useless thoughtless comments and polls. Some of the new threads are just copied from a Google search. And though i want that HP laptop. I don’t think i will win because someone will just put a lot of useless comments up to get points. I have at least explored all of this site and Looked at what it had to offer. SO please don’t dull the “Bleeding Edge” that this site was build to set forth. Sorry if i did offend, but i just had to get this off my mind.

Posted: 02 June 2008 11:24 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

I agree with you. Seriously. The person with the most points so far, has probably started TENS of absolute crap topics just to rake in those extra points. If one of these people win, it seriously would not be good. For the community, I mean. So, only time will tell the future of Gear Live.

- BoogerJay

Posted: 02 June 2008 11:24 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

No no you are right, and a lot of us here feel that same view at this whole mess.  I have tried in earnest to come up with my own questions for which I have a genuine interest, and I only post new topics when there is very little activity and the number of threads being commented on becomes very low.  I try and avoid adding threads when a billion are being commented on (like they are right now) because it just clutters it.  I think we all expected this influx of spamming to occur though, and I expect that will drop off considerably after the contest, with the individuals who really love this site staying and building a stronger community (that is my hope at least 😊)

Posted: 02 June 2008 11:26 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31

yeah, its getting really annoying, yes i have a lot of posts but theyre all real replies and threads, not spam
i really am trying to contribute while participating in the contest

Posted: 02 June 2008 11:27 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
sharkhead7854 - 02 June 2008 02:26 PM

yeah, its getting really annoying, yes i have a lot of posts but theyre all real replies and threads, not spam
i really am trying to contribute while participating in the contest

@Sharkhead: I want to commend you for maintaining the integrity of this contest, I have read your posts and definitely would not classify them as spamming, and I really thank you for that—I hope you stay after the contest!

Posted: 02 June 2008 11:30 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

same to you =D
i can see ur not either, which is suprising considering how many you have lol
and ill defintely be hanging around the site long after the contest is over

Posted: 02 June 2008 11:34 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2008-05-31

Well thanks for trying to make some sanity out of this insane world. 😉

Posted: 02 June 2008 11:35 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

yeah, suprising that part of its coming from me- i will admit
im an insane person 😉

Posted: 02 June 2008 12:10 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I think this is a pretty cool contest and maybe they will have another one like this in the future (hint, hint). But who knows I sure would like to own that dragon though that is one kickin beast.  This is a pretty cool contest they have at gear live and easy to, thanks Andru for the chance to win it.

Posted: 02 June 2008 12:12 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

lol “hint hint” im sure theyd like to, unfortunately theyre not the ones who started it @__@
that was HP there, we should go form an angry mob for people who want another dragon contest =D

Posted: 02 June 2008 12:21 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31
sharkhead7854 - 02 June 2008 03:12 PM

lol “hint hint” im sure theyd like to, unfortunately theyre not the ones who started it @__@
that was HP there, we should go form an angry mob for people who want another dragon contest =D

Hahahah, that was a good one. :lol:

They should of made it the “61 Days of the Dragon”! Let’s go form our mob.

I won’t be surprised if HP hold another giveaway contest in the near future.

- BoogerJay

Posted: 02 June 2008 12:23 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

w00t! i like 61 a lot more =D
and i hope so, im thinking that if this contest gets more dragons sold then most likely they will hold another contest to promote other new items

Posted: 02 June 2008 12:33 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2008-05-31

Not just that. Gearlive gets revenue everytime the pages with Ads are clicked upon.

Posted: 02 June 2008 12:40 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2008-06-01

The problem is that some one started to spam, and few minutes the virus spreads to most of members. The funny thing is I participated in many forums but this is the strangest forum I have ever participated in. 😊 The forum is not controlled by moderators and the members is posting every tiny pointless thing. And the most lovely part is that all members are very friendly in a strange way! I didn’t say that I don’t like that, indeed that’s amazing to find many members friendly like that but the fact is there is no forums full of positives in this high percentage.

I know most likely it’s because of the contest, but I can’t wait to see what will be the forum look like after announcing the winner! I guess either the forum will be dead again but not like before of course or it millions of topic will bash about the winner and members start trolling and hate!

That’s my guess. But you know what, I’m actually start to enjoy this forum not because of the contest (obviously see my posts and my topics are very little!), but because of the pointless topics that made me laugh badly :D ! I want to share some of it, but I will not as I’d prefer to avoid flame wars.

Posted: 02 June 2008 07:43 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
Elagizy - 02 June 2008 03:40 PM

The problem is that some one started to spam, and few minutes the virus spreads to most of members. The funny thing is I participated in many forums but this is the strangest forum I have ever participated in. 😊 The forum is not controlled by moderators and the members is posting every tiny pointless thing. And the most lovely part is that all members are very friendly in a strange way! I didn’t say that I don’t like that, indeed that’s amazing to find many members friendly like that but the fact is there is no forums full of positives in this high percentage.

I know most likely it’s because of the contest, but I can’t wait to see what will be the forum look like after announcing the winner! I guess either the forum will be dead again but not like before of course or it millions of topic will bash about the winner and members start trolling and hate!

That’s my guess. But you know what, I’m actually start to enjoy this forum not because of the contest (obviously see my posts and my topics are very little!), but because of the pointless topics that made me laugh badly :D ! I want to share some of it, but I will not as I’d prefer to avoid flame wars.

I think the forum usage will drop about 80% but thats still going to be a lot more active than some other comparable forums.  As far as civility goes, I think we’re all fairly civil people, and after the contest is over, I hope we will all be respectful of whoever the winner is.  I know I for one will not be angry at the winner for winning.

Posted: 02 June 2008 07:48 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31
Elagizy - 02 June 2008 03:40 PM

well! im glad someones enjoying it!!! cus every spam thread i come upon makes me want to rip my hair out- even more so when the user keeps posting them and ignoring warnings to stop doing it!! @__@

Posted: 02 June 2008 07:54 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2008-05-24

I think if those of us who stick around can somehow help the moderators and admin clear up the spam it would be a great place. (not that it isn’t already, it just might need a little help after ward to clean up some of the damage done.)

And even though i may be out of the running, I still like the site. Good luck to all those who are still in it! (the contest)

Posted: 02 June 2008 07:55 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2008-05-31

You must be Bald by now SharkHead! :0

Posted: 02 June 2008 07:59 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

lol! WANT to XD
i havent cut my hair in 6 months, i dont think id do so by yanking it out =)
yeah and purjewl i hope the admins and mods dont think im spamming cus i have the most posts,
cus to tell the truth i probably dont even have the most points
whoever does right now is spamming but…
hopefully some like buckeyefanatic or sushukh will win, theyre my favorite contributors on the site

Posted: 02 June 2008 08:01 PM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
sharkhead7854 - 02 June 2008 10:59 PM

lol! WANT to XD
i havent cut my hair in 6 months, i dont think id do so by yanking it out =)
yeah and purjewl i hope the admins and mods dont think im spamming cus i have the most posts,
cus to tell the truth i probably dont even have the most points
whoever does right now is spamming but…
hopefully some like buckeyefanatic or sushukh will win, theyre my favorite contributors on the site

thanks sharkhead 😊
But i think you’re leading now—you’re beating me by 100 posts!  How long have you been posting and plan to post in the next few days?  Quite insane >_<  I cant quite keep up because of my job :(

Posted: 02 June 2008 08:07 PM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

well i dont have a life for the next 2 weeks so i guess that helps
today i didnt post as much as i could have,tomorrow i hope to do so
tomorrow im aiming for about 400 posts, all genuine of course
also helps that im an insomniac, no sleepy for sharkhead
anyway, idk you may have more points than i do because i dont post so many threads, only replies :\

Posted: 02 June 2008 08:09 PM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
sharkhead7854 - 02 June 2008 11:07 PM

well i dont have a life for the next 2 weeks so i guess that helps
today i didnt post as much as i could have,tomorrow i hope to do so
tomorrow im aiming for about 400 posts, all genuine of course
also helps that im an insomniac, no sleepy for sharkhead
anyway, idk you may have more points than i do because i dont post so many threads, only replies :\

400 posts?  If you post that much, we are all pretty much out of it!  Ah well, have fun with the HP HDX Dragon 😊
It was a good run while it lasted haha

Posted: 02 June 2008 08:13 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

lol yeah im gonna try to post real replies to every thread that comes up, plus post some threads about some really cool tech i found tonight during dinner
i wouldnt count u out though, there are storms here so my power could be out all day tomorrow @__@......

Posted: 02 June 2008 08:46 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2008-05-31

You crazy kids and your posting. DO you think you will kill yourself over that PC?

Posted: 02 June 2008 08:53 PM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I wonder what Gear Live thought of when they came up with this contest idea. Sure, a posting “points” is a great idea, but did they think about even moderating the forum? I haven’t seen that many moderators at all and it is quite weird. Maybe they thought we would just post like crazy and then disqualify all the people that spammed? A lot of people are dropping/bowing out and I know how they feel…seeing how many posts people are is quite discouraging and well, we can’t drop everything and post 24/7.

Posted: 02 June 2008 08:54 PM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
Dontknow - 02 June 2008 11:46 PM

You crazy kids and your posting. DO you think you will kill yourself over that PC?

Nah, I wont kill myself over it—its fun talking with you all and thats the real reason I am staying in (well for the laptop too but I know that I have already lost it if I cant keep up my post count during the day)—I plan to become a regular here and I am hoping the forums stay active

1 2 3 > 
1 of 3