Cool tips to be fit
Posted: 02 June 2008 09:39 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2008-06-02

ENDLESS rounds of icecreams, yummy desserts, soft drinks and juices are the stuff that summers are made of. Result: Weight-addition! So, the next thing to do is to head to the nearest gym or get into a fitness regime. And, a number of different programmes are lined up to help you shed off those extra kilos ? dancercise, kick-boxing, capoiera and lots of fun and frolic in water. According to Smita Patil, senior general manager (operations), of a wellknown fitness organisation, with more and more youngsters enrolling, the exercises have to be fast, jumpy and with good music.

The level of energy needed for these exercises is high, but that does not prevent the senior lot from trying them out. They are more than happy to rub shoulders with the youth, and sometimes have more energy than them. ?I love going for dancercise or dance aerobics which is so much fun because it?s fast. I completely believe in my instructor,? says 57-year-old Suniti Chougule.

Another form of physical training which not only keeps your body in shape, but also teaches self defence is kick-boxing. A lot of corporate offices and software companies use it as well to improve the concentration of their employees. Anyone falling within the age-group of 14 years to 45 years can practise it. ?It increases your stamina and helps you with your concentration. This can be really good for students in school,? says Ashok Golani, a kick boxing trainer who?s been in this business for 22 years.

Talking of yoga, Renu Mathani, a consultant physician and yoga therapist says, ?We all get carried away by fancy names, but the emphasis of yoga is on the body and that?s where its importance lies. It makes you completely healthy ? in mind, body and soul. The reason it?s called power yoga is not because of the speed, but because of the strength you build up. It?s loaded with techniques and is a perfect blend of body movements.? Sneha Barge, a student who swears by power yoga, says, ?The strength that I got was unbeatable and moreover, it makes your body very flexible. We end the class with pranayam and meditation. It is really rejuvenating.? So, now that you have so many options to choose from, keeping that body in shape, even in the summer months, will not be too difficult.

Posted: 02 June 2008 03:49 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-06-01

Linu, kmon try and type something on your own, not copy and paste.  And since you are citing the people whom the quotes are taken from.. Please cite the website where you took the information from.  With that said, I like to stay fit by running everyday in the morning.  I also like to workout.. It’s all about discipline.

Posted: 02 June 2008 03:52 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31

yep same thing i said in another thread of theirs,
i run in the morning, 1 mile,
and every once in a while i lift weights

Posted: 02 June 2008 04:53 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

Hmm my regimen basically consists of lifting weights a few times a week, and biking the other days—that way I get a good mix of aerobic exercise and weight-lifting exercise

Posted: 02 June 2008 09:47 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I love to drink lots and lots of water even when I’m not exercising. It is a great way to stay fit and healthy and one of the best tips to stay in shape. Plus, it is better than drinking down a Pepsi or something. 😊 I love to do tae bo too, it works up a great sweat. However, I believe everyone exercises daily…we all walk don’t we? 😉

Posted: 02 June 2008 09:57 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I am bad at the deserts and drinking pop. I do drink alot of water though and I do need to exercise at least I am suppose to. I go to a nutritionist and health educator now because of my blood work coming back not good. So now I am trying to watch what I eat and not drink so much pop I have one once a day and then drink nothing but water. I bake everything I hardly ever fry anymore and eat more non fat things. These things also will help keep you fit.

‹‹ Beauty of health      Driving In The Hills ››