Cafeteria Food?
Posted: 02 June 2008 08:17 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2008-05-31

WHat do you think of it?

Is it gross or tasty?

I hate the pasta that serve it’s revolting.

The personal pizzas to me are the best they have.

You?

Posted: 02 June 2008 10:24 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I’ve eaten cafeteria food and it’s not bad as the media makes it as. I wonder where we all have the view that cafeteria food is bad! Maybe it was the media, newspaper, TV shows? Haha, but anyways, I didn’t eat cafeteria food everyday, just snacks like fries now and then and it wasn’t terrible or anything. 😉 I sure don’t miss cafeteria food though, I prefer my own lunches.

Posted: 03 June 2008 12:51 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

I complained about the cafeteria food at my high school, but it ended up being a lot better than the food they serve us at college… a little disappointing because I was looking forward to more options, but when I got there I realized that everything that I really wanted to get was going to be out of the food plan so it was going to cost money, and its hard to pass up a pre-paid meal :-\

Posted: 03 June 2008 01:09 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-05-26

The Current food they server at my School’s Cafeteria is horrible, frys are burnt, the texture of the chicken is like sandpaper. The only thing good is that Nachos. Soon, i’m going to make my own lunch… i just don’t have time this year… i hope next year, i would have time…

Posted: 05 May 2009 01:10 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-05-05

You could classify the food by nutritional value and good taste. You could come to some conclusion that they can go well together or are completely incompatible.

Posted: 06 January 2010 01:25 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-09-05

The University of Massachusetts at Amherst is known for its quality education, crazy party life, and BAD food! The food served in the dining common is among the worst food I have ever consumed in my life. I do understand trying to serve and prepare eggs and hamburgers for fifteen thousand hungry students is no easy task but the quality of food served in the cafeteria is dismal at best.
The meats and vegetables were not of high quality and often were the results of many upset stomachs. There was even a brochure distributed to all students re-assuring us that the UMASS cook staff did not put laxatives in the food, I kid you not. The pizza they served had been baking under a light bulb all day and was almost never fresh. The vegetables at the salad bar were usually brown instead of green. Dining at UMASS was almost never a pleasant experience.

Posted: 17 January 2010 07:39 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2009-11-22

Eating cafeteria food is unavoidable for working people and students. I think cafeteria food are just good enough to fill the stomach and not so much on quality and nutritional value. I always packed my own lunch when ever possible, just a simple sandwich, salad or mix rice is satisfying.

A1-Asian Recipes.Com

Posted: 19 May 2010 11:27 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-04-14

I do understand trying to serve and prepare eggs and hamburgers for fifteen thousand hungry students is no easy task but the quality of food served in the cafeteria is dismal at best.

Posted: 25 May 2010 06:22 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2010-05-24

The cafeteria food we had was really unhygenic but that is the food i still miss. it was yum:(

Posted: 02 June 2010 02:51 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2010-06-02

Yes I am too agree with you its not hygenic and not even tasty

Posted: 25 June 2010 06:43 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-06-25

hello,
Have you tried bringing your own lunch from home? This way you know what you are eating, and you save money. Try peanut butter and jelly. Or bring your own fruit, make a fruit salad. So many options even for a vegetarian.
Jess wrote:
* I’m only a teenager in high school, and it seems that the only thing to eat in there are sugary donuts, fattening pizza , fattening cookies, crisply fried french fries, and stale bagels. I’m scared to eat the fruit cuz everyone molests them w/ their hands. What healthy thing should I do for lunch? BTW- I’m a vegetarian