Paramount and Universal finally go with Blu-ray. HD DVD goes to Deadpool
Posted: 01 June 2008 11:30 AM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

As Toshiba announced that HD DVD goes to the deadpool. The format war is over, Blu-ray is the Big Winner. I guess there?s no other option but to go with Blu-ray. Universal?s president Craig Kornblau said: ?While Universal values the close partnership we have shared with Toshiba, it is time to turn our focus to releasing new and catalog titles on Blu-ray.?

Read the rest of this entry ? http://wikigiz.com/2008/02/19/paramount-and-universal-finally-go-with-blu-ray-hd-dvd-goes-to-deadpool#more-542

Posted: 01 June 2008 09:01 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

Umm this article is over four months old… try and get some fresh content please, and stop posting all these random articles just to inflate your score… if I wanted to do that, Id monitor a billion tech sites and just copy paste everything they post!!

But commenting on the article itself, I was a huge supporter of the HD DVD because of the reduced cost compared to Blu-ray.  I was sad to see it go, but I know it is for the best of the consumer if there is only one format left, because people were not going to start adopting the new format until a decisive winner had emerged.

Posted: 02 June 2008 09:04 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31
BuckeyeFanatic25 - 02 June 2008 12:01 AM

Umm this article is over four months old… try and get some fresh content please, and stop posting all these random articles just to inflate your score… if I wanted to do that, Id monitor a billion tech sites and just copy paste everything they post!!

But commenting on the article itself, I was a huge supporter of the HD DVD because of the reduced cost compared to Blu-ray.  I was sad to see it go, but I know it is for the best of the consumer if there is only one format left, because people were not going to start adopting the new format until a decisive winner had emerged.

I’ll post whatever i’ll find interesting.If you find that it’s old news to you, then please don’t leave any comment in my thread.Atleast i’m not double posting in the threads to boost my scores like you.Before accusing someone , be clear to yourself please.It may be old news for you but may be new to others.So, stop complaining & do your own job.

Posted: 02 June 2008 01:43 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

Blu ray has better graphics and all, but I think that they should let the consumer decide if we want HD DVD to go. I dont its cheaper then blu ray, and that means not only updating your discs but also updatin your DVD players and everything. But I guess you get what you pay for but really HD DVD isnt all that bad.

Posted: 02 June 2008 07:46 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2008-05-31

HD DVD was and still is the better format for many reasons.