Various suggestions: Big ones include points leaderboard and multiquote
Posted: 01 June 2008 04:38 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2008-05-31

Yes, a few more suggestions. If there’s something you like please reply and give a short blurb of what you support and why. I’m really hoping these get added since I find them really convenient.

1. Multiquote- Please add this feature >_< There’s sometimes pages of stuff going on and it’s hard to manually add in quoting information after you already used 1 automatic. It’s also easier to address people on issues so no one gets confused as to what’s happening, I’ve seen that happen a lot so far.

2. Leaderboard for points- Yes all of us are clamoring for this. We should be able to compare how much points we have. Of course there’s people that wouldn’t want to share for privacy reasons, so maybe you can have 2 options. Like first you can decide to make yours private or not, and second whether to let the people that don’t disclose their points to be able to see your points. That way you can share and be able to see other’s points without having a privacy invasion. However, people, DON’T DON’T DON’T SPAM!!!

3. Score tracker on forum- There should also be a short breakdown of what your current score is on the forum, not just the top of the main site. Since the forum is the main source of points for most of us, this only makes sense, right?

4. Text box save- If we post something and it doesn’t submit for reasons like a blacklisted link, too many characters, etc., we should have some sort of save function so if we press the Back button we don’t need to rewrite everything. Some forums have this feature, some don’t, but I’m hoping it gets implemented since I write a lot for each post and I feel disappointed having to rewrite. A lot more convenient than the usual copy and paste.

Additional edits+adds:
5. BBCode case insensitivity- Can we have it so that [U]I like pie[/U] will be the same as I like pie? I don’t see why there has to be case sensitivity it’s still the same code @_@

Posted: 01 June 2008 04:45 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31
SkyFuser - 01 June 2008 04:38 AM

Yes, a few more suggestions. If there’s something you like please reply and give a short blurb of what you support and why. I’m really hoping these get added since I find them really convenient.

1. Multiquote- Please add this feature >_< There’s sometimes pages of stuff going on and it’s hard to manually add in quoting information after you already used 1 automatic. It’s also easier to address people on issues so no one gets confused as to what’s happening, I’ve seen that happen a lot so far.

2. Leaderboard for points- Yes all of us are clamoring for this. We should be able to compare how much points we have. Of course there’s people that wouldn’t want to share for privacy reasons, so maybe you can have 2 options. Like first you can decide to make yours private or not, and second whether to let the people that don’t disclose their points to be able to see your points. That way you can share and be able to see other’s points without having a privacy invasion. However, people, DON’T DON’T DON’T SPAM!!!

3. Score tracker on forum- There should also be a short breakdown of what your current score is on the forum, not just the top of the main site. Since the forum is the main source of points for most of us, this only makes sense, right?

4. Text box save- If we post something and it doesn’t submit for reasons like a blacklisted link, too many characters, etc., we should have some sort of save function so if we press the Back button we don’t need to rewrite everything. Some forums have this feature, some don’t, but I’m hoping it gets implemented since I write a lot for each post and I feel disappointed having to rewrite. A lot more convenient than the usual copy and paste.

We can only ask but very good suggestions indeed.And you are requesting people not to spam ? That always happens when you organize a who post most will win type of contests & nothing can be done about it.Who have time to read all those nonsence posts & moderate them ?

Posted: 01 June 2008 04:49 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

You shouldn’t be spamming in general lol. But still, there should be lots of moderators ready for this, since this is one of the biggest contests ever.

Posted: 01 June 2008 05:08 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

Yeah we need mods for this lol but i still to find any.Maybe there are some but atleast they aren’t visible yet.Actually i think, this forum didn’t need mods so far but now they will.Just a small price to pay for when you organize this type of post as much as you can type of contests.

Posted: 01 June 2008 07:01 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2008-05-26

About that 4th point,it is there in some stripped down form.I have seen my half completed posts right there,after i come back to the page after accidentally moving away to some other link.

Posted: 01 June 2008 07:06 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

Really? That hasn’t happened for me so far >_< But thanks I’ll be experimenting and see if it works.

Posted: 01 June 2008 09:04 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

Added another suggestion… and DOOOM I couldn’t get the saved version no matter what :(

Posted: 02 June 2008 07:48 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-06-01

forget the multi-quote.  i doubt their forum software supports it.  you need particular forum software which supports it, and that would require an overhaul of the forum.  Invision Powerboard is one that supports it…

Posted: 02 June 2008 01:05 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2008-05-26

Sky it happened 2-3 times to me.
I think EE supports plugins also,it just needs modding.by the looks of it andru doesn’t have the time for such things.