1 2 > 
1 of 2
What will be the 1st things you will do if you win HP HDX Dragon?
Posted: 01 June 2008 04:32 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2008-06-01

As the title says…. List your the 1st things (Maximum 10 things and rank them) you will do once you got the package in your hands.

For me I will do the following, If I won:

1st: I will quickly unpack the HP HDX Dragon Package and see the accessories that comes with it, and quickly figure out how to switch on this thing.

2nd: Once it’s open, I will play with the finger print and the webcam for like 5 minutes.

3rd: I will install the latest Nvidia driver (may be 175.16 WHQL) and see if there is any other drivers updates that’s needed for this laptop (and of course I will connect that laptop to the internet and jump on my bed).

4th: Start by installing 3D Mark and PC Mark AND OF COURSE CRYSIS, to benchmark this baby. And play Crysis for like 10 minutes to experience it,(...... of course i will connect a mouse!) .

5th: Now to the amazing part, I will try the bluray driver using the “Pirates of the Caribbean - At World’s End” because it’s the best one.

6th: Finally, I will start living my new experience as I’m a freelance software developer… and start installing VS2008 and install Office 2007 using the lovely package that comes with and install Photoshop, PhotoImpact, Dreamweaver, latest Codecs and anything that any user can’t live without such as Firefox and Nod32.

After few days ........

I will try other stuff like messing with Finger Print device and try to develop for it some applications, Installing Flight Simulator which I already know that It will NOT run perfectly even after installing the accelerator pack (It needs HP HDX Dragon * 5 in order to run perfectly 😊).....

The packages that I will try is:
- Viva Pinata (Cool for kids)
- Gears of War (Enjoy it with your Internet Connection)
- Corel PaintShop Pro Photo X2 (It’s a must for any photographer and designer.)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (But I will uninstall it once I found that it’s slow! :D)
- The 3 Pirate of the Caribbean, experiencing the high definition.

The packages that I will not try is:
- Ulead Video Studio (It’s not essential for me)
- Norton Internet Security (Trust me you don’t need a security if you were behind NAT firewall), you are going to KILL the Dragon if you install it.
- Corel Painter 4 (Not needed)

Anyway, share what’s you are going to do to squeeze last drop of joy from this baby?

Posted: 01 June 2008 05:17 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

This is in the wrong board, but the first thing I would do (after it’s unpackaged and everything) is mess around with the awesome features the notebook has. It has enough to keep my occupied for a while, then I’d install all of my programs that I use daily on my desktop.

- BoogerJay

Posted: 01 June 2008 05:34 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2008-06-01

Ouch, I thought I could create a topic to talk about the contest, perhaps a moderator will move it.

Posted: 01 June 2008 05:36 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2008-05-31

It would be a review for gearlive.com because I would have won this beauty. Videos from the unboxing to gaming results and much more. But anyway I don’t won it… 😊

Posted: 01 June 2008 05:37 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2008-05-31

It would be a review for gearlive.com because I would have won this beauty. Videos from the unboxing to gaming results and much more. But anyway I don’t won it… 😊

EDIT: seems like I double post it, how can I delete this message?

Posted: 01 June 2008 06:40 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

Hey Elagizy,  as BoogerJay said I think this might be wrong section, but no problem anyways I will tell you things I would like to do

1) I will unbox it.
2) I will show it to my parents and my brother because its my first laptop and only laptop in my home and my first ever win.
3) I will give a deeeep kiss to it.
4) I will check whether my animation software “MAYA” is working in it or not, Hope it works because it has got all the greatest features.
5) I will install all the games and play them.
6) Then I will watch all pirate series, I didnot try high definition movies till now, but now I will try.
7) I will call my cousin brother who stays in minesotta and chat with him and tell him that I won the laptop coz he’s my best friend.
8) Then I will share it with my friends.

Hey I got a huge list, hope wel discuss it afterwards.
Thank you for asking the question anyways.

Posted: 01 June 2008 06:47 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2008-06-01

@ Larrabee, Yes that’s a good step. Anyone will want to know if this Laptop deserves all this hassle. I will do it too after using for 3 days and doing benchmarks and some tests.

@ movvadinesh, I think Maya will work with Vista X64, Also the 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS will do faaaaaaaaast renders. I will also tell my friends about this, I know they are going to live with me since then :D !

Posted: 01 June 2008 07:24 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2008-05-31

Unbox, do a thank you video, then post 100+ videos on what I’m doing on the computer and the results it has been achieving. XD
As for the latter, I’ll be playing with the webcam, fingerprint reader, test out the handwriting recognition thingie, decrapify the PC. Then I’ll go and download CCCP and test to see if the dragon can handle H264. It better or I shall be very mad 😛
After that I’ll be doing the usual… installing software, hacking into the PC (good, not bad), and giving out reviews in general.
All this will be on video, and with subtitles, made completely by yours truly XD

Posted: 01 June 2008 07:29 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

There’s a lot of things I would do but I’ll keep this short and sweet! The first thing I would do if I won it was wait around the house wondering when it will arrive. Then, when it does arrive, I would totally drool and wait until my family got home to actually see it. We would unbox it all together, say “HOLY COW, that is a heavy notebook!” and then do the normal things everyone does when unboxing…check what’s in the box, read what’s in the box, unwrap some stuff like the remote, all of that. I would read up all the software, see what they’re about, look at them all nice in their boxes. :lol:

Posted: 01 June 2008 08:00 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-06-01

After furiosly rip apart the box, i will keep starring at the notebook for a long time until someone snap me from it…
After that, when i speechly say “WOW” with my face, i will try to discover the inner soul of this beautiful and delicate beast.

Good luck, to you all!

PS: Sorry for my english, it’s not my natural language, but i think you got the picture!

Regards,
Paulo

Posted: 01 June 2008 08:57 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2008-05-24

After carefully cutting all the tape on the outside of the box, I would gently take it out of its bed in the box and stare lovingly at the sleek finish. All the extras - remote, handbook, etc. that were on top would be set to the side until I had unwrapped everything and plugged it in. While booting up, i would run through the quick start (if there is one) and then go to work enjoying it. Internet, and then games. I think I would then try out some music. after that….... who knows.

Posted: 01 June 2008 10:45 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

well first I would enjoy unwrapping it and looking at the things when they come out of the box, then I would hook it up and the first thing I would do is probaly get it ready for the internet so that I can brag about it to my friends. I would tell them about this beast that I just won. Then I would nib around and see what all it does and go through my software that came with it and try that out to. I would goof around with it for alittle bit then I would go and do my malware training also.

Posted: 01 June 2008 11:59 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2008-06-01

Here is the order things would go for me:

1) I’d faint
2) I’d wake up in the hospital and say “I just had the best dream! I won the HDX Dragon!” the my mom would say “Brady… that wasn’t a dream” then I’d faint again.
3) Then when I’d get home from the hospital, I would be bored to death waiting for this to come.

But when it finally does:

4) I would first rip it out of the box, plug it in and hit that magical button.
5) THEN, being the organizational person I am, I would write a list for the order in which I would install software on this. Not too much though (it’s Windows Vista, it can’t handle very much).
6) I’d probably faint again, still not believing that I won!

Posted: 01 June 2008 12:07 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

What would you guys do if you saw your name as the winner? I think I’ll jump out of my computer chair and do a little dance and start yelling to everyone in the house! :lol: Or, I might have to remain seated due to my increasing pulse and blood pressure so that I don’t end up dizzy…my jaw will drop, that’s for sure.

Posted: 01 June 2008 12:24 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2008-06-01
jess1ca - 01 June 2008 03:07 PM

What would you guys do if you saw your name as the winner? I think I’ll jump out of my computer chair and do a little dance and start yelling to everyone in the house! :lol: Or, I might have to remain seated due to my increasing pulse and blood pressure so that I don’t end up dizzy…my jaw will drop, that’s for sure.

I think the answer of your question is written by ComputerNerd53, once I found my name in the homepage, I will faint. So I guess there will be 2 days or more to get recover before getting it in my hands. Once i got it, I will not sleep for like 2 or 3 days, then I will fall off from being tired.

Posted: 01 June 2008 01:22 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2008-05-31

First if I won this incredible computer I would do the following:

1.  Do my happy dance as the delivery person comes to my door
2.  Remove my old computer and open the shipping box of the HDX and start to set it up
3.  Call my brother who is a computer wizard and have him come over to drool
4.  After setting it up I would install some of my programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Adobe Illustrator CS2 on it
5.  I would love to set up the web cam and then email my nephew who is in Iraq and then we could communicate via web cam.  He has a web cam on his laptop.  This would be so awesome to see him. 
6.  I know I would stay up late enjoying my new toy so I would have to call work and request for a personal day off.  Hey I’ll even take a personal day off without pay
7.  Lastly I would bring this computer to school so my students could view it and see what it is capable of doing.  I know they would love to see it.

Posted: 01 June 2008 01:25 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2008-05-29

if i won this laptop first i would give thanks for blessing me with whit machine. then i would do a video unboxing of the machine (carefully), then gaze in amazement, turn it on, and in three to five days later go to sleep.

Posted: 01 June 2008 01:34 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2008-05-31
jess1ca - 01 June 2008 03:07 PM

I would probably jump up and down yelling as loudly as I can making sure the entire neighborhood hears me that I won. Then I would probably fall over on the floor and faint.

Posted: 01 June 2008 06:53 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

Well i’ll do something different.I’ll first lock the doors & windows of my room & will run madly in the whole room naked.That’s exactly i’ll be doing if i get to win this. 😛 What about a thread called ” Who do you think should/will win ” ?

Posted: 01 June 2008 07:01 PM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2005-09-10

The first thing I will do put my old HP on the side make room for the massive HDX and get started loading all my Apps and games and some movies, then I will call all my friends over to check out this awesome laptop then I will start doing YouTube video to get the word out on the HDX and recommend it to all that’s in a need for a laptop, start doing better projects with the use of Office 2007, I must admit that I will do a little gaming on the side ok ok ok ok ok alot of gaming on this computer, I wonder if you connect the HDX to a external display plan to get a 30-inch and i’m wonder if it will work, Does anyone nows?

Posted: 01 June 2008 09:58 PM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-06-01

Play UT2004…its always nice to compare gaming on a new laptop versus an old laptop especially when the new laptop has a better graphics card and a bigger monitor…

Posted: 01 June 2008 10:18 PM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-06-01

Pop out the bible and thank the god of geeks.
Then maybe watch some TV with the TV tuner on the thing or watch the Pirates trilogy in BLUERAY!

Posted: 01 June 2008 11:03 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-06-01

I’d make an unboxing video of it.. And post it here in GearLive 😊

After that i’d probs install all of my programs on it..

Posted: 01 June 2008 11:09 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

Well, first thing, if I see my name as the winner, I will do a few victory laps around the house and will probably yell really loudly to everyone around! Secondly, when it arrives, I will unbox it, set it up, and make sure all the drivers are installed and such.  Next, I’ll write a thank you note and video for the laptop.  Then, I’ll probably pop in a blu-ray movie and enjoy the amazing picture quality and the mindblowing audio that will come out of that machine.  Past that, not really sure, but if I win, I can guarantee I will be busy with that laptop all summer long!

Posted: 01 June 2008 11:21 PM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-06-01

What will be the 1st things you will do if you win HP HDX Dragon?

For me, the first thing i would do if i win this HPX Dragon is of course thanks and praise on the name of the God11

Posted: 01 June 2008 11:45 PM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31

the first thing i would do is just stare at it….
maybe for a good 5 minutes of nothing but staying perfectly still and looking
then plug it in as fast as humanly possible and install every single program i have on this computer
then benchmark the graphics
and finally
play counterstrike like there was no freakin tomorrow…

1 2 > 
1 of 2