iPod Touch
Posted: 01 June 2008 12:28 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30

What are your views on the iPod Touch?  I think it’s a nice gadget!  Not an MP3 player, but a gadget.  It’s touchscreen and you can do a lot of different things with it.  You can surf the web (it has a good browser that renders webpages best).  I think the iPod Touch has the best mobile web browser!  You can also check the weather, check your e-mails, add documents, PDF files, and a lot more.  People are making many different applications for it.  You can use it as a wireless mouse, remotely control your PC, or even add games.  A GPS for it is being developed.  I think this device is among the top ten gadgets of the year!  If you love gadgets you have to buy this.

Posted: 01 June 2008 01:57 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2008-06-01

My Views on the iPod Touch

1) I agree, it is a really really cool gadget, but not the best MP3 player. I think that any geek would agree with me saying that if you enjoy music and listen to it often, you shouldn’t switch away from the classic iPod style just yet.

2) I wish there were more FREE applications. I was looking for a free remote program to control iTunes or my whole PC, but I found that it didn’t exist. Being as young as I am, I do not really have a reliable source of income; therefore I cannot afford to pay for an application for an iPod.

3) I wish they made one with a sliding qwerty keyboard. I said the same about the iPhone when it came out. Although Apple really did try to make the touch keyboard easy to use and accurate, I just can’t get used to it. I have fairly large fingers and that makes it really hard for me to hit the right key. Also, I have a cell phone with a qwerty keyboard so I just can’t get used to how it fixes the word for you if you hit the wrong key.

4) I don’t have that much stuff, but even the largest size currently cannot hold all my music, podcasts, videos, and photos. Much less all of the apps I wanna add!

Posted: 01 June 2008 07:23 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I think it’s absolutely amazing, it has everything I wanted in a mp3 player and more. I check my e-mail with it, play games (okay, I jailbroke it, but who hasn’t), check the weather and have the ability to surf the internet. I chose the iPod Touch because my music collection isn’t that big anyways. The album art is so nice and the sound quality is great. Also, the touch screen is very neat and stunning. I would’ve chose the iPhone instead, but it’s not here in Canada, so I went with the iPod Touch. Plus, my cell phone works just fine. 😉 I’m just scared to drop my iPod Touch. :lol:

Posted: 01 June 2008 12:36 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2008-05-26

I mean iPhone’s ipod functions pretty much makes it into a iPodTouch.The only downside would be storage capacity which is lesser in iPhone.

Posted: 01 June 2008 02:00 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2008-05-31

I like how it has a satellite, internet, a map, it’s filled with everything you need despite the costs. Though, the battery is what I’m worried about. It might catch on fire like those other iPods. Other than that, it’s useful.

Posted: 01 June 2008 07:51 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

I don’t own one unfortunately, but this is literally one of the only Apple products I did wish I had!  My roommate last year bought the iPod Touch and that device is very very slick.  I love the massive storage, the clean look of the album art, and the look and feel of the iPhone (for much less cost and without having to pay an annoying monthly fee that you get locked into!)

Posted: 01 June 2008 08:12 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2008-06-01

the ipod is more than a mp3 player now which is nice to see apple put some nice apps in their ipod touch. They are thinking beyond listening to music and i like it. Only reason i dont have one is that they cost so much. $600 for a 32GB ipod….yeah need a price drop

Posted: 01 June 2008 08:15 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2008-05-29

since i no not have one i cannot give it an accurate review but from what i seen and heard about it seems like a very good device which does what it was made to do very well.

Posted: 01 June 2008 09:27 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

The battery life is decent although I do know a lot of reviews say that the iPod Touch battery life is a bit poor. My iPod Touch lasts me about 2 weeks, which is pretty good, but does it actually play 22 hours of music? Nope, haha. I didn’t know that the battery has the chance of catching fire, so I’m not too worried about it…I think.

Posted: 01 June 2008 09:30 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2005-09-10

I love my iPod touch nothing beats it

Posted: 02 June 2008 03:46 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

I don’t have one but i would certainly like to have one.The more memory,the better.It’s one of the most hyped gadgets of all times but i think it live upto the expectation.