What do you guys think about the Android Platform?
Posted: 31 May 2008 07:45 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-05-26

Now that the demo of the Android Platform shows that Android is like the iphone but more customizable, what do you guys think of it? *It also has a app store.* I personally think that it’s a open sourced version of the iphone. Which is better. What do you think?

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/05/31/googles_android_demo_shows_app_store_tweaks_iphone_formulas.html

Posted: 01 June 2008 12:20 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2008-05-28

just another ripoff of the iphone
but still if the price is lower than the iphone maybe i will try to get one of this…

Posted: 01 June 2008 02:04 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2008-06-01
ninxx - 01 June 2008 03:20 AM

just another ripoff of the iphone
but still if the price is lower than the iphone maybe i will try to get one of this…

I disagree… Most of the iPhone clones are horrible compared to the iPhone. For one, they don’t have WiFi access, and for two, their touch screens are quite unreliable. In my opinion, the Android is a lot better than any other existing iPhone clone. It may even be as good if not better than the iPhone.

As I said in my last reply (to: What are your thoughs on the iPod Touch?) I think iPod touches, iPhones, and iPhone clones need a SLIDING qwerty keyboard.

Surprisingly, being the geek that I am, I had not heard much of this at all. I may have heard it mentioned once or twice, but I did not have any extensive knowledge about it at all! Thanks to this post I will not keep a watch on this: “Android”

Posted: 01 June 2008 12:33 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2008-05-26

Apple will have to release a lot of control over iPhone,than the currently hold.Otherwise the “wow its so cool jesus phoen” stuff canonly buy you so much before others creep into your target market.And knowing google ,they don’t do things half way,apple needs to be listening more to users of allowing more openness.

Posted: 01 June 2008 01:55 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-05-26

Exactly. that’s what i think too, apple is putting a small fence around all their products, the more open it is, the better it is. But this is a tight run, the Android Platform might lose…

Posted: 02 June 2008 10:18 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-05-30

I am fairly excited about the Android platform. An open source OS for handheld devices can lead to two things, cheap smartphones and and more affordable high-end smartphones. either way, if the OS is good it bodes well for the user.