My beef with the RIAA
Posted: 31 May 2008 05:31 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

The problem I have with the RIAA is not that it is trying to defend its copyright laws.  They have every right to do that.  What my problem with them is that they’re going after the most random people.  They’re suing grannies and dead people all to try and “make a point” when they should be going after these major hubs and torrent sites, NOT the end user who gets caught in the middle.  How you do think the RIAA can turn its image around, or has it been tarnished to a point that it shall gain no respect in the future?

Posted: 31 May 2008 06:57 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30
BuckeyeFanatic25 - 31 May 2008 08:31 PM

The problem I have with the RIAA is not that it is trying to defend its copyright laws.  They have every right to do that.  What my problem with them is that they’re going after the most random people.  They’re suing grannies and dead people all to try and “make a point” when they should be going after these major hubs and torrent sites, NOT the end user who gets caught in the middle.  How you do think the RIAA can turn its image around, or has it been tarnished to a point that it shall gain no respect in the future?

I really think that the RIAA is a big joke!  I do agree with you that they should be going after the people who actually host the illegal content, not after those who download it!  There are plenty of people out there who download illegal files, RIAA cannot stop all of them.  YouTube and a lot of other MediaSharing websites host copyright content online, but the RIAA doesn’t go after anyone who views them on YouTube.  If you download it from torrents, then you get in trouble!  That isn’t right.  RIAA needs to take other measures to prevent distribution of copyright materials.  For example, they need to go after the people who share the illegal content, not after the people who download them.

Posted: 01 June 2008 03:19 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2008-05-28

you just have to watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnLB8wysMbY

the riaa people are just dumb