< 1 2 3 4 5 > 
3 of 5
HP HDX Dragon giveaway details - 31 Days of the Dragon
Posted: 31 May 2008 05:34 PM   [ # 51 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31
Raine - 31 May 2008 08:26 PM

Don’t forget people, you can use the REPORT link to report spam/bad posts on the forum!

I completely forgot about that!  Let’s make a pact among us who are legitimately posting on this forum to report all of these one-line spam comments which are destroying the integrity of this contest!

Posted: 31 May 2008 05:34 PM   [ # 52 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

Yeah doing that sir but there are many.People are opening threads with nearly no contents.Anyways, i hope those won’t be counted.

Posted: 31 May 2008 05:52 PM   [ # 53 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

This next week will be absolutely crazy and fun for Gear Live! 😊 I hope more people will continue to be active and not spam the forum.

Posted: 31 May 2008 05:58 PM   [ # 54 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

Nobody want to share their points.i told mine.Now will someone be nice enough please ?

Posted: 31 May 2008 06:17 PM   [ # 55 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30

People are already spamming and making a lot of unnecessary posts.  This always happens in contests of this type.  We can all help out by reporting the spam posts and have the moderating team take care of it.

Posted: 31 May 2008 07:05 PM   [ # 56 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2008-05-31

Hello all I am new to Gear Live and so far I have done some looking around and I am impressed with their web site.  I am a teacher assistant to a computer lab and work with 12 and 13 years olds.  I truly love my job.  There are times the students are teaching me new ways to work around software. 

Currently I have my students involved with Adobe photoshop 5.0 and they love it.  We have a computer club which I volunteer my time after school to teach the students the how to with Adobe Photoshop.  Eight years ago I never knew much about computers and now here I am running a computer lab, I created our school’s web site using Frontpage and taught myself Adobe Photoshop.  I enjoy learning new software and will not give up until I get it right.

Posted: 31 May 2008 07:07 PM   [ # 57 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2008-05-31
Shan Gee - 31 May 2008 09:17 PM

People are already spamming and making a lot of unnecessary posts.  This always happens in contests of this type.  We can all help out by reporting the spam posts and have the moderating team take care of it.

Yeah and with a contest of this magnitude the spamming is getting way out of control. Its kind of sad actually that people will spam the forums with one or two words or maybe even a small sentence thinking that its going to actually count towards their total. I may not be able to post that much or be able to reply to a lot of the threads but at least when I do, I try to make an effort with my post to keep the thread going or supply an answer to a question if I can. But sadly many people think they can get by with just a short simple sentence and that it will count and go on and post hundreds the same way that have no relevancy towards the topic at hand.

Posted: 31 May 2008 07:15 PM   [ # 58 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23

We’ll always see spamming for a contest where “the person with the highest…” Everyone wants to be that person and well, they try their best but in the end, they end up getting restless and just posting a few words. I don’t see why they’re starting to do it at the beginning, it’s really odd and I am not worried at all about them. Gear Live will take care of them and their post counts. Just have fun, post here and there and get to know everyone that’s participating. 😊

Posted: 31 May 2008 07:39 PM   [ # 59 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

Slowly but surely thats what I’m working on doing. Like the saying goes “slow and steady wins the race” lol Maybe that will hold true and I’ll actually win this one.

Posted: 31 May 2008 07:45 PM   [ # 60 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

Slowly but surely thats what I’m working on doing. Like the saying goes “slow and steady wins the race” lol Maybe that will hold true and I’ll actually win this one.

Sorry for the duplicate entry. FireFox closed on me and submitted it twice. If someone can please delete the other post. Thanks

Posted: 31 May 2008 07:54 PM   [ # 61 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

Does anyone know if this contest will be going on for 6 or 7 days?  I know a lot of websites have where you can only compete for the first six days and then a winner is announced on the seventh day.  Just curious!

Posted: 31 May 2008 07:57 PM   [ # 62 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23

I’m pretty sure the details will be released on the post later today…maybe in the next couple of hours or so?

Posted: 31 May 2008 07:57 PM   [ # 63 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2008-05-31

Buckeye the contest runs from May 31st thru June 7th.  If you go onto Geek.com it explains everything as well as has all the other sites and their dates.  Hope that helps

Posted: 31 May 2008 07:59 PM   [ # 64 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31
jess1ca - 31 May 2008 10:15 PM

We’ll always see spamming for a contest where “the person with the highest…” Everyone wants to be that person and well, they try their best but in the end, they end up getting restless and just posting a few words. I don’t see why they’re starting to do it at the beginning, it’s really odd and I am not worried at all about them. Gear Live will take care of them and their post counts. Just have fun, post here and there and get to know everyone that’s participating. 😊

Strange enough that you yourself have the max number of posts among the new members. :D How many points you have now if you want to share please.I want to know where i stand.

Posted: 31 May 2008 08:00 PM   [ # 65 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23

I can’t wait to read the complete details, I think it’ll answer a lot of our questions such as how they’ll be picking the winner. I doubt it’ll only be post count because I don’t think anyone can stay up 24/7 posting on the forums…I’ve only been on Gear Live Forums for a couple of hours now and my hands are tired from all the typing. :lol:

Posted: 31 May 2008 08:07 PM   [ # 66 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
jess1ca - 31 May 2008 11:00 PM

I can’t wait to read the complete details, I think it’ll answer a lot of our questions such as how they’ll be picking the winner. I doubt it’ll only be post count because I don’t think anyone can stay up 24/7 posting on the forums…I’ve only been on Gear Live Forums for a couple of hours now and my hands are tired from all the typing. :lol:

I can imagine!  You seem definitely like the person to beat 😛
But I like that you’re giving intelligent well-thought-out comments and forum discussions… you are getting your posts legitimately and I really respect that.  I had to take a break because my eyes were killing me and my brain was turning to mush!

Posted: 31 May 2008 08:42 PM   [ # 67 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

Yeah, I’m eagerly waiting for the post which will tell us what actions will get us how many point. It will certainly help me alot! As jess1ca said, It won’t be forum and comments only, there’ll be alot more ways to earn your points. so maybe we won’t see as much spam (even though my past few comments have been one line - that’s what happens to you when you’ve been up all night commenting and posting!).

Posted: 31 May 2008 08:56 PM   [ # 68 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

I’m eagerly waiting for that post as well. I agree I don’t think the contest is going to be judged solely on post count. To me there has to be something more to it then that. Something that would really make the person that wins it really stand out among the rest.

Posted: 31 May 2008 08:58 PM   [ # 69 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-05-29

I’m pretty sure I’ll be one of the losers in this contest - I’m better at random draws. At least then, I don’t have to camp out in a forum and post endless thought-provoking missives. I seem to have destroyed my husband’s XP desktop so I could really use this sucker… But I’m just a random poster….

Posted: 31 May 2008 09:11 PM   [ # 70 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-05-31

this laptop is a monster of a machine damn I hope I win. I would sell my old acer and emachines. I so badly want a laptop with blu-ray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 31 May 2008 09:44 PM   [ # 71 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-06-17

Yes it would be nice to win the laptop, monster that it is. But think of all the fun you have had finding new web sites, and entering their contest.  I hope they post the information on how this one works soon.  I don’t know about you but Ive been having a tough time even getting onto the site. :ohh:

Posted: 31 May 2008 09:47 PM   [ # 72 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2008-05-31

Well the Dragon is always amazing, Getting onto the rig would a dream of dragon come true. BUt will it be possible for me. I always have dreamed of winning anything. But never even got a pen in winning. But this laptop is getting me crazy. Its like a life saving drug to my health. which is ruined by a decade of bad gaming and computer systems that i used over in cyber cafes. If i win it, it will be my first laptop. Infact first ever pc.

So, DRagon come to me. Give me the dragon. One dragon is waitng for another.

Posted: 31 May 2008 11:29 PM   [ # 73 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2008-05-31

Some of the problems with posting is that I realize people don’t even read the whole topic about what we worked hard to add and post on. Especially me, because I always add in personal feedback and recommendations. Some people don’t even read through the whole thing and just write what they think fits the situation then leaves. That’s kind of insulting since they’re getting posts without even bothering to look at the stuff and posting a “canned speech” thank you.

I have a little over 300 points…

Posted: 01 June 2008 12:10 AM   [ # 74 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23

@SmileyXX - I think having it based on “points” is hard because that would totally stink if someone was to win by 4 points or something. We’re all still patiently waiting for the post with the complete details.

@SkyFuser - I know what you mean, reading the entire topic is important because just reading the last post is pointless. However, some people don’t even read the posts and just post away.

Posted: 01 June 2008 12:15 AM   [ # 75 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2008-05-31

I hope they look at your posts and see if it should count as spam or not… although I don’t hope they delete them that’s bad…

And uhhh jess1ca, no offense but you were one of the people I was talking about 😉 Giveawayoftheday isn’t a contest.

Lol it’s kind of sad. Only the people who registered early today have a slightly higher chance. The rest of the people have about 100 posts to catch up. That’s hard without spamming. But good luck to everyone!! :D

< 1 2 3 4 5 > 
3 of 5