Microsoft staying silent on HD DVD’s death for now
Posted: 18 February 2008 04:07 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

Here is what they had to say as of this morning:

“We do not believe the recent reports about will have any material impact on the Xbox 360 platform or our position in the marketplace.  As we’ve long stated, we believe it is games that sell consoles and continues to have the largest next-gen games library with the most exclusives and best selling games in the industry.  We will wait until we hear from Toshiba before announcing any specific plans around the Xbox 360 HD DVD player.  HD DVD is one of the several ways we offer a high definition experience to consumers and we will continue to give consumers the choice to enjoy digital distribution of high definition movies and TV shows directly to their living room along with playback of the DVD movies they already own.”

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 04 June 2008 08:09 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I agree the games do sell the consoles, but the consoles also sell by what they can and can do. How the graphics are protrayed and the looks of the console also, my favorite is ps3 although i dont have one right now i have been happy with ps 1 and 2 so i know i would like ps3 and the games that they have out for it also.