ING Direct
Posted: 12 April 2006 01:48 AM     [ Ignore ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2006-04-12

Yes, I use them (ING direct, not IMG).  They have excellent interest rates which increase every month.  They are a huge business, so there is nothing to worry about when investing with them.  If you want an extra $25 for free to open an account send me a PM w/ your first and last name and email address and I’ll send you an invite.

Posted: 13 April 2006 12:31 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2006-04-12

Oops… IMG?? What was I thinking!? I’ll just fix that up…

Anyways.. I already got an invite from someone, but thanks anyways. I think I’ll give it a try - it seems like a good thing.

Posted: 13 April 2006 09:47 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2006-04-11

I don’t know - as we shrink in our ways of doing business and enlarge the areas we go, it almost seems that the local bank idea is becoming antiquated. You can take your cell phone from one place to the next - use VoIP to make calls around the world for almost nothing - taking a bank with you wherever you go might not be such a bad idea either.

Hmmmm

Posted: 14 April 2006 04:15 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2006-04-12

If we can take even our banks with us everywhere we go, than there will be no more need (or at least very little) for face-to-face interaction. Not that I mind so much, but sometimes it seems odd how drastically technology has changed our society.

Posted: 14 April 2006 03:04 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2006-04-11

Just look at this or any other forum - we probably say more to people we will never see than we do to our neighbors. Best case scenario is that we interface with people who actually have faces, but I will say technology is changing almost everything we once thought was bedrock.

Posted: 15 April 2006 01:15 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2006-04-12

Yes, we are talking to more people than we would in real life, but it’s a different kind of social interaction. Don’t you think that people who increasingly interact with people online, rather than in real life, are losing ‘real life’ social skills?