Unboxing Live 026: HP Pavilion HDX Dragon PC
Posted: 13 December 2007 02:23 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

[gearlive]Unboxing-UnboxingLive026HPPavilionHDXDragon879.flv[/gearlive]

In this episode, we open up the Pavilion HDX Dragon PC. This thing is a monster - a 20-inch notebook that specializes in home entertainment.

[ Edited: 14 December 2007 12:01 AM by Andru Edwards]
 Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 16 December 2007 03:29 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-12-16

Do you guys get to keep the stuff that is sent to you?

Posted: 17 December 2007 04:43 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

Why do you ask?

It all depends. We will either give it away, return it, or buy it.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 18 December 2007 01:51 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-12-16

I’m just curious.  I think it’s really cool is all.  I’m honored that you responded.  ;p

Posted: 01 January 2008 04:03 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2008-01-01

two words, Holy ####!!!!@!@!@!?!@#!$#!$!

Also, why do u have the iMac just lying on the ground? pssss….if u aint using it u can give it to me like u said that you give away stuf…..

Posted: 31 May 2008 07:04 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-05-31

hp is doing it

Posted: 31 May 2008 07:06 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-05-31

hp is doing it

Posted: 31 May 2008 10:45 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2008-05-24

Ok, That is One HUGE Notebook/laptop/computer. I would definitely love to get my hands on it and unbox it… of course, the only way I could is if I won it. I particularly like the manual that comes with it. The spiral binding is definitely a user-friendly feature, and the layout sure beats most, if not all, computer manuals!

Posted: 31 May 2008 12:03 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2008-05-31

Great review of the unboxing of the HP HDX better know as the dragon. This is not the dragon that will be given away I think because I see an ATI logo on the dragon. The contest dragon comes with a 8800M GTS 512MB. This is the perfect notebook for me! :D

Posted: 31 May 2008 02:48 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-05-31

very nice notebook pc to replace the desktop. to bad on its size to not make it more portable. but other than that very nice design. The thing that i don’t get thought is that Andru says HD instead of Blu-Ray. Considering as of right now HD lost the competition with Blu-Ray a couple of months ago, and not really anyone uses HD any more in products unless you got it when the rivalry was going on and still have it but when you go to the hp site and look at the specs it doesn’t say anything about an Option of getting an HD player or having a HD player it only lists the blu-ray option. wouldn’t mind having this computer for myself or atleast winning it.

Here is the site for the specs:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks&a1=Category&v1=Entertainment+powerhouse&series_name=HDX_series

Posted: 31 May 2008 03:38 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2008-05-24

HP did a great job with this computer, styling to components, it’s great. The graphics on the computer and even on the box are very appealing. When you choose a computer you also look at the style so they definitely won the consumer with that. The components inside the Entertainment PC are for amazing for such a portable PC. What really wins me over on Dragon is the HDTV Tuner that is in it. I would love to record some shows before I go on a flight or a road trip. The HD Blu-Ray disc player is also a huge plus for entertainment on the go. I would love to take this thing over to my friends house and show them what I’m playing Flight Sim X on. All in all it is an amazing computer!!

Posted: 31 May 2008 04:00 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-05-31

Nice unboxing session, like all the others ... just one little problem i think :p i dont think the touch sensitive keys work by sensing the heat of your fingers, it rather has more to do with an electric circuit that is completed when you touch the buttons with your “conductive” hand ... that’s why they don’t work when you touch them with your nails, or through layers of fabric etc ...

correct me if i’m wrong ...

Posted: 31 May 2008 06:54 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I love watching unboxing videos and the unboxing of the Dragon? Totally stunning and left me quite speechless. It is HUGE, 20.1” is…wow, I wouldn’t want to pull this out on the bus. 😉 Great video…I’m still speechless, haha.

Posted: 31 May 2008 08:13 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

I love technology and seeing the latest and greatest things out there… probably why I subscribe to so many tech sites and such.  But it is not that often that I am completely floored by something!  HP has done a great job improving their lineup of notebooks and I applaud them for giving this site one of the 31 for the contest.  Whoever gets this laptop will be very very happy!

Posted: 31 May 2008 10:55 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2008-05-31

Yes Hp is doing great work producing laptops like that and then giving them for free to us. Great of them to have this faith in us that we would give there dragon baby safe with us. lol nice video thanks for showing us the dragon baby!.

Posted: 01 June 2008 12:59 AM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

I can image how enjoyable it would be unbox one of these beasts. Just knowing that you have one of the best notebooks in the world.

/me drools over the thought.

- BoogerJay

Posted: 01 June 2008 04:00 AM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2008-05-26

That was incredible.Andru looked like he was having too much fun.But im confused regarding the hddvd or bluray support.I think the movies being given away are bluray ,and i read official specs are blu ray,so why does andru say its only hddvd.
Andru can you clarify this.

Posted: 01 June 2008 01:17 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2008-06-01

HP recently want to send a message to all the “pissed-off” users that they are back like never before. The 31 contest is a cool idea to promote for their HP HDX Dragon. But in fact, HP HDX Dragon deserves that kind of promotion, and yes the message received clearly, “HP, YOU ROCKS! GOOD JOB (Y)”

Posted: 01 June 2008 08:19 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2008-06-01

and the call that a notebook!?!?!?! its HUGE! not very portable. besides from its monsterness its a sick notebook and I would kill to have one of those.

Posted: 02 June 2008 04:31 AM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2008-06-01

This is the first ‘unboxing live’ that I’ve watched, Yes I’m a newb. If I had the money, I’d sure look at this desktop replacement. Bit rich for me currently. I was wondering if you have a collection of bloopers from these broadcasts? You know, unboxing this and just as you get to the table, it drops. Or perhaps a slip of the tongue and your camera man starts laughing it up.

Posted: 02 June 2008 07:20 AM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-06-01
Larrabee - 31 May 2008 03:03 PM

Great review of the unboxing of the HP HDX better know as the dragon. This is not the dragon that will be given away I think because I see an ATI logo on the dragon. The contest dragon comes with a 8800M GTS 512MB. This is the perfect notebook for me! :D

Yeah i believe that was one of the first models of the HDX.  Just look at the date of the video 😊.  Things certainly have changed…for the better.

Posted: 02 June 2008 11:32 AM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

Yeah HP is a good ocmpany no one will ever beat them out. Although Dell has some nice pc’s but they cant out beat the dragon thats for sure. Exspecially with all of the specs it has, and the software is pretty good to.

Posted: 02 June 2008 11:48 AM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-06-01
littlebull - 02 June 2008 02:32 PM

Yeah HP is a good ocmpany no one will ever beat them out. Although Dell has some nice pc’s but they cant out beat the dragon thats for sure. Exspecially with all of the specs it has, and the software is pretty good to.

They are nice UNTIL you have to send them in for repair.  At that point you might as well get on your knees and pray that you get a pristine computer in the return shipment.
I have had nothing but problems with HP tech support:
-in three separate instances they replaced my 7200RPM drive with a 5400RPM drive of the same size
-in one instance the top of my lid came back dented
-in one instance the MUTE button above the keyboard came back broken and was really acting up.  I’d be playing music and it would just mute by itself.
-in one instance they messed up the heating and my computer got really hot…
-in another instance my keyboard was all messed up - the numpad wasnt working, and certain keys were mixed up.  I sent it in for repair and i got it back with nothing changed.  After getting a replacement I later read on the web that some people experiencing this same exact issue found that the remedy was tightening the loosened cable connecting the keyboard to the mainboard.  If it was that simple I wonder how dumb HP tech support is.

If you get an HP, take good care of it and pray nothing happens to it because sending it into tech support is a nightmare.

Posted: 02 June 2008 12:44 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2008-05-31

I agree with ^^ that HP Tech support is really poor. I had to threaten them with legal action before they even got around to solving my computers issue. With my current PC, out of 11 months, I havent had my machine for 4 months, because thats how long they had it with them in the service centre! :S

Regarding the unboxing, I have one very unanswered question…..How HOT does this Dragon beast get? I am quite sure it must be getting hot as hell while running under some strain aye?

Cheers guys!
reevestee

Posted: 05 November 2009 12:19 AM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-11-04

I agree with that..There slow in there services..I don’t know what the reasons..

Regards

Abelle

_____
dossier surendettement