Ventrilo!  I’ve got Ventrilo!
Posted: 05 November 2007 11:36 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-05-10

Voice chat bitches!  I don’t know how to set it up, but will somebody help me figure it out?  Then you can hear my real voice!  Anyone feel free to chime in.  Does GearLive have a server or what?

Posted: 06 November 2007 05:33 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2007-04-26

Ye olde Gamer Andy Ventrillo Voice Chat Server is located:
Server: flash.typefrag.com
Port: 20609
Password: chapple

Now I’ve already got mine set up to join another Vent server, but we’ll see if I can remember how to get this working from a fresh install standpoint.

First you probably have to click the little -> arrow beside the User Name spot. Make yourself a new username and try like hell to get Microsoft Same to say it. Those of you who use real words be glad you don’t go by “Robot key oh”.

Then click the -> arrow beside the Server spot and make a new server. Name it whatever you want just make sure you know it later. Put the hostname “flash.typefrag.com” into the Hostname or IP box. Then put “20609” in the Port box. Finaly put “chapple” in the Password box. I don’t know what kind of a difference it makes but you may as well make sure all three check-boxes at the bottom are checked, then hit OK.

Now all you should have to do is click the “Connect” button. If all of that worked voila! Welcome to the golden age of technology, OSVG!

Also, you should get Team Fortress 2. All the cool kids are doing it. Maybe I can amass a whole 8 friends to play a game with.

Signature 

Even in the case of ladders, when simple hand-over-hand coordination is required, only one in four zombies will succeed.

Posted: 06 November 2007 10:00 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2007-05-10

I got it working.  Thanks.

Now as for Team Fortress 2, I have been considering it, but I’m looking to buy all the extra Half Life 2 stuff in a single package without HL2 itself.  I’m waiting for a package with Half Life 2: Episode 1, Half Life 2: Episode 2, Half Life 2: Episode 3, Portal, and Team Fortress 2, but those people at Valve were dumb and decided to cancel the Black Box package.  Once they release all the extra addon material itself without HL2, then I will get it.  I don’t want to have to flat out get another copy of HL2 because that is ########.

EDIT: Anybody coming on?

Posted: 06 November 2007 02:52 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2007-05-10

Bump time!  Damn spammer knocked it down!

Posted: 06 November 2007 05:18 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2007-04-26

I’m thinking there’s a next to nothing chance you’ll see that package come out. Heck, you could always do what I did and give them away. To be honest you can’t say the price isn’t that bad for getting HL2 again.

Signature 

Even in the case of ladders, when simple hand-over-hand coordination is required, only one in four zombies will succeed.

Posted: 07 November 2007 12:08 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2007-05-10

Anyone want to chime in on Ventrilo?

Posted: 10 February 2008 02:08 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2007-05-10

Dammit, this figures!  No one wants to hear me.  Come on people this a chance for you GAites to finally hear my actually real life voice.  Don’t pass it the hell up, mk?

Posted: 31 May 2008 01:35 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2008-05-29

i perfer typing

‹‹ Exotic car drag race      Gran Turismo 5 ››