Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-06-04

Sorry but Im holding out for Rock Band.

Posted: 27 October 2007 05:36 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2007-04-26

I’ll be getting it, even though I can now chose to get it for either the 360 or the PS2 I’m going to go with the PS2. Unless there was some way to connect a PS2 guitar to the 360 I’d rather have the co-op with my brother option open. Also: Holy crap I didn’t know it was coming out tommorow.

Signature 

Even in the case of ladders, when simple hand-over-hand coordination is required, only one in four zombies will succeed.

Posted: 27 October 2007 05:51 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  415
Joined  2007-04-26

lol, yeah… October 28 sneaks up quickly.

Posted: 27 October 2007 07:12 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2007-04-26

Buying it tonight.

360 version.

Posted: 27 October 2007 08:14 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2007-04-26

I have to wait for 3 more weeks.Man so much to be bought in november.

Posted: 27 October 2007 08:27 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26
IRISHREAP3R - 27 October 2007 08:14 PM

I have to wait for 3 more weeks.Man so much to be bought in november.

QFT.

I still have to buy Rock Band, COD4 and Mass Effect.  Using Gamefly to reduce costs on other titles.

Posted: 27 October 2007 11:11 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2007-05-05

Getting it at midnight!!

Posted: 28 October 2007 08:32 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

Goddamn Wal Mart only got WIRED versions for the 360 with an explorer… WTF.  They had normal Wii and PS3 versions but only wired for 360.  Seems ALL the Wal Marts are this way as they can’t find the other SKU in their computers.

Bought a software only copy and ordered the wireless guitar version from Red OCtane.  I’ll return the game in the bundle from Wal Mart to Wal MArt to get the refund for my standalone copy in a week or so.

#### Wal Mart.

(Wal Mart is the only retailer in my town that sells games)

Posted: 28 October 2007 11:05 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-08-25

Picked my copy up at midnight last night.  Even got Sharon playing a bit on co-op with me.

The wireless Les Paul is sooo much better than that crappy X-Plorer.

Posted: 28 October 2007 01:55 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2007-06-14

Surprised, my brother pre ordered it. He rarely does something like that, but my question is, would it be avalible today at Gamestop?

Posted: 28 October 2007 02:47 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2007-08-23

I was definatly going to buy guitar hero three but then I asked myself wait WTF I own like three really nice guitars. So why would I buy guitar hero to play for hours when I could play real guitar for hours. Now I find myself in a pickle. And not the edible kind.

Posted: 28 October 2007 05:02 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26
Kool Kaz - 28 October 2007 01:55 PM

Surprised, my brother pre ordered it. He rarely does something like that, but my question is, would it be avalible today at Gamestop?

It is. I got it this morning.

Twisted, what’s so much better about the Les Paul? I just got the game. No money for another guitar… plus, I’ve still got the X-plorer….

My biggest concern would be that it would be uncomfortable for lefties, since I am a lefty… and I’ve gotten used to the X-plorer.

Posted: 28 October 2007 05:54 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

Twisted…

Is the game box in the Les Paul set shrinkwrapped?  I want to be sure I can return it as unopened….

Posted: 28 October 2007 05:58 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

Does anyone else think the Wii version is overpriced?  Wii games are typically $50 vs $60.  The guitar has no internal transmitter or vertical star power sensor, it gets both from the Wiimote. 

I think it should be priced less than the PS2 wireless version.  At least the 360 uses the licensed MS technology and the typical extra $10 per game that makes sense on why it is higher than the Wii version.  Similar with the PS3 version.

Posted: 28 October 2007 06:24 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2007-06-14
Hypersteric - 28 October 2007 05:02 PM
Kool Kaz - 28 October 2007 01:55 PM

It is. I got it this morning.

Twisted, what’s so much better about the Les Paul? I just got the game. No money for another guitar… plus, I’ve still got the X-plorer….

My biggest concern would be that it would be uncomfortable for lefties, since I am a lefty… and I’ve gotten used to the X-plorer.

Noticed my bro DIDNT preorder… but I called to see if they got any spare.

Got lucky with the last one.

We’re rocking out right now..

SLOOOOWWW RIIIDE!!!

Maj Malfunction - 28 October 2007 05:58 PM

Does anyone else think the Wii version is overpriced?  Wii games are typically $50 vs $60.  The guitar has no internal transmitter or vertical star power sensor, it gets both from the Wiimote. 

I think it should be priced less than the PS2 wireless version.  At least the 360 uses the licensed MS technology and the typical extra $10 per game that makes sense on why it is higher than the Wii version.  Similar with the PS3 version.

Sorta, but it still has electrical interfaces inside. God this game is bring back so many memories of playing this at a friends place on so many overnights.

[ Edited: 28 October 2007 06:55 PM by Kool Kaz]

Posted: 28 October 2007 07:08 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

Yeah, the Wii version does seem a bit overpriced… but I guess all that plastic for the guitar is expensive?....

Posted: 28 October 2007 09:09 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2007-08-25
Maj Malfunction - 28 October 2007 05:54 PM

Twisted…

Is the game box in the Les Paul set shrinkwrapped?  I want to be sure I can return it as unopened….

Yes, it is shrinkwrapped.

Hypersteric - 28 October 2007 05:02 PM

I don’t know about lefty, I’m a righty.  I think it would be better than the X-Plorer, since it’s more symmetrical.  I feel it’s better because it’s a little heavier and feels less like a toy.  It also has a better guitar like balance so it hangs a little better on the strap.  The shape is also better if you want to sit and play with it on your lap.  The buttons and strum bar have a smoother feel than the X-Plorer, quieter than the noisy plastic-on-plastic rattle of the X-Plorer.  I had trouble activating star power with the X-Plorer without missing notes, and the Les Paul seems to have the opposite problem.  I can’t dance about without activating it on the LP.  If you have the X-Plorer and you are happy with it, then thats cool, but you may want to try and find a LP to play around with and see how you like it for when you get some free money.  Everybody in this house says it’s the best of all the GH guitars.

There have been some complaints about the fret buttons not working properly due to the removable nature of the neck.

Posted: 28 October 2007 10:50 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

Yeah, sitting down would be nice…. The X-plorer is ridiculously uncomfortable for sitting down (especially upside down).

Posted: 30 October 2007 01:16 AM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-05-10

I might get it for PC if the price is decent enough.

Posted: 30 October 2007 05:42 AM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2007-04-26
OldschoolVgamer - 30 October 2007 01:16 AM

I might get it for PC if the price is decent enough.

I can almost guarantee you it will not be. Personally I find it to be worth the price, but at a little over $100 it’s not exactly ... well cheap.

I’m thinking Twisted was right with the difficulty predictions. To me Hard feels almost like Expert did on GH2. Only being 1/3 of the way in I can’t say for sure, but it also feels like I’m playing rhythm in more of the songs, almost like more popular songs are in there opposed to songs that are fun to play. Then again I’ve almost never had much fun with the first half of the tracks in Guitar Hero.

Either way I’m still liking the game. The added difficulty may now be something I can use to make songs I wouldn’t have played before, because they were to difficult, interesting.

Signature 

Even in the case of ladders, when simple hand-over-hand coordination is required, only one in four zombies will succeed.

Posted: 30 October 2007 07:18 AM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

My only gripe with Guitar Hero (same with GH II) is that the songs at the end are anti-climactic for me because I don’t care for any of the music (other than One) in the last 2 tiers.  Most people who like Hair Metal and classic guitar music don’t care for death metal and vice versa.  I enjoy the lower tiered songs much more than the endgame.

Posted: 30 October 2007 03:37 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2007-08-25
Robotkio - 30 October 2007 05:42 AM

[I’m thinking Twisted was right with the difficulty predictions. To me Hard feels almost like Expert did on GH2.

After playing the full game and talking to people on the web, I’ve come up with a better idea of what is going on.  Some people are saying it’s harder than GH2, and some are saying it’s easier.  I think changes to the game are separating the “truly skilled/dedicated practicers” from the “casual skilled/hard practicers”.  The Truly Skilled group is saying it’s easier because the “window” to hit the notes is larger so they are breezing through it.  The Casually Skilled, like me, who play on Expert but may not necessarily 5* the songs or even complete Expert are being overwhelmed by the increased note counts and tricky chord changes, so for them it’s harder than GH2.

Posted: 30 October 2007 05:00 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

I thought it was easier…. For one thing, if the tempo is fast enough, instead of playing three sixteenth notes per beat (with a sixteenth-note rest) as written, you can just play triplets and still hit all the notes (I did this on the Slayer song, during the sixteenth-note green-only part). That’s probably due to what Twisted was talking about with the bigger window for the notes… the chord changes are a little tougher, but Hard didn’t feel like it was Hard until the last set… That’s why I think it’s easier. However, the difficulty really spikes on the last set, lol. It’s like they lull you into a false sense of the game not being too tough and then hit you in the face with the last set.

I haven’t started Expert career yet (but I beat Hard career on day one). I’ll get back to you, when I do…

Posted: 30 October 2007 06:10 PM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2007-06-07

I really want to play this but seeing how 15 years of games and systems were stolen during a break-in at my house…......It will be a while before I play this or anything else.

Posted: 30 October 2007 09:12 PM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2007-04-27

Honestly I havn’t decided if i’m picking up the new GH3 - I have so many games its really hard to justify the high price tag with as much as it kills my wrist

On another note, I’ve set these forums to my homepage so I’ll be around a bit more I think wink

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff
We should make our own Wiki that details some of our inside jokes, like Chapple Banditry and Pants Optional Podcasting

1 of 2