Call of Duty 2 is a grenade-dodging mini-game *RANT*
Posted: 19 October 2007 09:27 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2007-04-29

Ok so Ive heard Andy talk about how much he likes COD2, so I decided to rent it from GameFly, seeing as how I havent played it before (yet i have played cod3m cod1 and big red one).  I play on the hardest difficulty on pretty much every game I buy/rent, so naturally Im playing on Veteran here. 

My problems with this game arise from the fact the grenades seem to be the only reason i really die all that much in the game.  The bad side of this is that the AI throws them like they are eggs at Easter and the bunny forgot to come to my house (so to make up for lost time, they throw gobbs of them).  It gets REALLY annoying.  Whats worse is they basically throw them JUST at you.

My other unrelated problem with the COD series is that the enemies are unlimited in number and it requires you to PUSH through the billions of enemies.  If i KILL something, it needs to die.  Some of the missions on veteran are SO effing hard that its basically impossible to not die unless you crawl in the corner and dont shoot anything.  GRR..  Anyway, rant over…

Posted: 19 October 2007 02:49 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2007-04-26

Hah, if you think the amount of grenades used by the AI is bad, try playing online. I really disliked the online experience for CoD2, but I didn’t find the single-player too bad.

Signature 

Even in the case of ladders, when simple hand-over-hand coordination is required, only one in four zombies will succeed.

Posted: 19 October 2007 04:17 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2007-05-11

I barely ran into that problem when i was playing COD2 but yeah i assume that its to keep the player moving instead of staying put and slowly killing them and getting no where

Signature 

http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/MrD86.jpghttp://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2818/pmlogoln1.jpghttp://img212.imageshack.us/img212/948/linkff2.jpg

Posted: 22 October 2007 01:11 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  415
Joined  2007-04-26

It’s not just the grenades that are focused only on you, it’s everything. I was once playing CoD2 campaign, standing in the middle of a street, behind my commanding officer, and the enemy shot only at me. Some of the AI in that game is just ridiculous.

Posted: 03 November 2007 02:48 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2007-08-23

This is why I play games on like normal difficulty so I have a better experiance…..Cept like Ranbow Six Vegas that is the best on realistic and fun to play over and over.

Posted: 04 January 2009 08:12 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-01-04

Mac Mp4 Video Converter is a software which can convert all video formats such as 3GP, FLV, MPEG, MOV, VOB, WMV, AVI to MP4 video and AAC M4A audio to MP4 for MP4 video players such as iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, video mobile and PSP, with excellent output quality and high conversion speed.
Mac iPhone Video Converter converts all popular videos and audios such as AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, AAC, AC3, MP3, and so on to iPhone (including iPhone 3G) supported formats such as MP4, MP3, etc.
Mac iPod Video Converter converts video to iPod video and iPod audio on Mac OS X with powerful functions.
Video Converter for Mac 4Media Video Converter for Mac is powerful video and audio conversion software for Mac users specially.
Mac Video to AVI Converter is developed to convert all popular video files to AVI and convert video to audio for Mac OS X users.