A “fun” day with Microsoft Customer Support
Posted: 26 September 2007 01:19 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2007-04-26

So, I bought the “Xbox 360 Messenger Kit” a couple of weeks ago.  My chatpad works fine, however, the wired headset it comes with has a short in it.  So for 2 Weeks I have been trying to get this thing fixed.

Call #1: “We will send you a box to send your kit back in to be repaired”

Call #2: “They should not have said they were sending you a box, we will just send you a new wired headset”.

So I was happy with the call results of Call #2.  Until today… I received my package from the repair center… it was the standard Xbox 360 Wired Headset.  This is where the fun starts.

I dial 1-800-4MY-XBOX and have a long drawn out chat with “Max”.

I finally get connected to the CS Agent, give her my information, then am placed on hold for somewhere between 15 minutes and eternity. (They have the worst hold music I have ever experienced and I want to jab my own ears out)

CS: “How may I help you?”

Me: “I received my replacement headset today, it was the wrong headset.  You sent me a standard wired headset instead of the wired headset that came with the chatpad”

CS: ” Let me speak to my supervisor”

Hold again..

CS: “Sir, thank you for waiting.  I spoke with my supervisor, we only have one type of wired headset.”

Me: “Um, no you don’t you have the original one with the headset controls at the plug, then the new one for the chatpad with volume and mute in-line.  Do you not know your own products better than a customer?”

CS: “I am sorry sir, lt me tlak to my supervisor again”

Hold somewhere between 25 minutes and eternity

CS: “Sir, I spok ewith my supervisor and we only have one style of wired headset”

Me: “...”

Me: “Are you freaking kidding me?  I have BOTH STYLES IN MY HAND RIGHT NOW” (I was pissed at this point)

CS: “Sir, that is all we make.”

Me: “Do you think I am stupid, I have both different headset in my hands, do you think I am making this #### up?  how about I take a picture of them and e-mail it to you so you can see what the hell you make and maybe you get an education on your products.  Perhaps you could look on YOUR OWN WEBSITE and educate yourself and your supervisor.”

CS: ” I am sorry sir, that is the only model of wired headset we have”

Me: “Ok, I am done talking to you, give me your supervisor or someone who has a CLUE about the products you have on the market and can help me.  This is ridiculous.  I don’t want to talk to you again, you obviously do not know your own products enough to be of service to me”

CS: “One moment please sir”

Hold again.  between 40 minutes and eternity

the CSS (Customer Service Supervisor) then comes on the phone, he asks what the problem with the headset is and I have to describe the controller, chatpad, headsets (both) then explain about 50 times that the wire has a short in it and does not work properly.  I finally have to simulate what I hear in the thing to get him to understand.  I would think that a short in the wire would be pretty ####### explanatory.

CSS : “Ok sir, give me a moment, I need to put you on hold again for a few minutes”.

The horrible hold music starts again, my ears start to bleed….

CSS reutrns: “Do you have any friends who have the chatpad as well so you can try to see which it is that is defective”

Me: “Not locally, no.”

CSS: “There are a few things we could try.  You can go to one of your freinds to try their chatpad and headset…”

Me: “I just told you that I DON’T HAVE ANY FRIENDS WITH IT!”

CSS: “Yes Sir.  We need to know if its the chatpad or the headset.”

I go on to explain how in basic terms and simple scientific process of elimination I can fairly certainly determine it is the headset.  (Why they don’t just ship me an entire new kit is beyond me).

CSS: “One moment please.”

Hold again…

CSS: “OK sir, we will be sending you a new wired headset for the chatpad in 3 - 5 business days.”

and the cycle starts anew….

Actual total call time: 1 hour and 48 minutes.

[ Edited: 26 September 2007 02:01 PM by Maj Malfunction]

Posted: 26 September 2007 02:18 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2007-06-14

I’d file a complaint for the wait with the company and not knowing much of they’re products and also report it over to the BBB (Better Business Bureau)