As most of you know, we’ve been having alot of trouble recently getting shows together - This is due mostly to all of us having lives and priorities that we (rightly) put above the timely production of GAL.
I spoke with Hawkes this morning, and we’ve decided that he will be taking an extended hiatus from his hosting duties on GamerAndy Live! to give him more time with his family and to work on his own show, Ask A Hawkes (at http://www.askahawkes.com). Similarly, Edie’s real-life-work-load has increased tremendously in the past month and her availability is sketchy at best.
So here we are, and for the very first time I find myself turning to YOU, my Chapple Bandits in search of the next Regular on GamerAndy Live!
1) You must be 18 years old older (or lie about it)
2) You MUST be available at LEAST 3 nights a week for several hours of recording. Keep in mind this does not mean you will be recording every one of those nights, we just need someone with a somewhat open schedule so we can make sure to get at least one episode done per week.
3) You must be very knowledgeable about the world of videogames, the gaming industry, the players, the games, etc.
4) You must be able to handle a live and uncut format - We don’t do retakes so you can think of something witty (unless I think of something REALLY sweet, then I do it quietly and dont tell anyone)
5) If you’re going to be a fanboy, don’t be too rabid about it (looking at you sherveen)
Most important: You MUST be comfortable having long conversations that tend to derail and go in a completely unrelated to anything direction then get back on topic and finish our conversation about god of war jump puzzle mechanics and how they relate to pudding physics
NOT REQUIRED BUT WOULD BE NICE
*Blogging backround (if I find somebody to deal with Gearlive’s ######## posting system and get shows on the front page for me that is a HUGE plus)
*Own all three next gen systems (totally not neccesary, its just a thought)
Thats it guys, thanks for listening and participating in our little community If I can’t find someone from the community who clicks than I’ll be taking this to some of the other sites, but I wanted to give ya’ll the first crack at this.
Forgot to mention and this is *very* important
You also need to have a USB mic/headset that doesnt sound like ass and a reliable high speed internet connection
This probably doesnt pay.
Ultimately, I’ll be narrowing down the field and the final decision will be made a few episodes down the road with a real episode of GamerAndy Live! for feedback from the community on who they like best