1 of 2
GamerAndy Live! is NOW HIRING HOSTS
Posted: 04 September 2007 10:59 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2007-04-26

Hey all,
As most of you know, we’ve been having alot of trouble recently getting shows together - This is due mostly to all of us having lives and priorities that we (rightly) put above the timely production of GAL.

I spoke with Hawkes this morning, and we’ve decided that he will be taking an extended hiatus from his hosting duties on GamerAndy Live! to give him more time with his family and to work on his own show, Ask A Hawkes (at http://www.askahawkes.com).  Similarly, Edie’s real-life-work-load has increased tremendously in the past month and her availability is sketchy at best.

So here we are, and for the very first time I find myself turning to YOU, my Chapple Bandits in search of the next Regular on GamerAndy Live!

REQUIREMENTS:
1) You must be 18 years old older (or lie about it)
2) You MUST be available at LEAST 3 nights a week for several hours of recording.  Keep in mind this does not mean you will be recording every one of those nights, we just need someone with a somewhat open schedule so we can make sure to get at least one episode done per week.
3) You must be very knowledgeable about the world of videogames, the gaming industry, the players, the games, etc.
4) You must be able to handle a live and uncut format - We don’t do retakes so you can think of something witty (unless I think of something REALLY sweet, then I do it quietly and dont tell anyone)
5) If you’re going to be a fanboy, don’t be too rabid about it (looking at you sherveen)

Most important: You MUST be comfortable having long conversations that tend to derail and go in a completely unrelated to anything direction then get back on topic and finish our conversation about god of war jump puzzle mechanics and how they relate to pudding physics

NOT REQUIRED BUT WOULD BE NICE
*Blogging backround (if I find somebody to deal with Gearlive’s ######## posting system and get shows on the front page for me that is a HUGE plus)
*Own all three next gen systems (totally not neccesary, its just a thought)

If you’re interested in this opportunity to be a regular on GamerAndy Live! then email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) subject: “GAL Host” with your relevent contact info (instant messenger or phone number) and a little blurb about yourself - I’ll be contacting people later this week to schedule some test runs.

Thats it guys, thanks for listening and participating in our little community smile  If I can’t find someone from the community who clicks than I’ll be taking this to some of the other sites, but I wanted to give ya’ll the first crack at this.

-Andy

UPDATE:
Forgot to mention and this is *very* important

You also need to have a USB mic/headset that doesnt sound like ass and a reliable high speed internet connection
This probably doesnt pay.
Ultimately, I’ll be narrowing down the field and the final decision will be made a few episodes down the road with a real episode of GamerAndy Live! for feedback from the community on who they like best

[ Edited: 04 September 2007 11:25 AM by Gamer Andy]
 Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff
We should make our own Wiki that details some of our inside jokes, like Chapple Banditry and Pants Optional Podcasting

Posted: 04 September 2007 11:20 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2007-04-26

I applied. I hope I win, does it pay? lol j/k

Posted: 04 September 2007 11:40 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2007-06-08

I have applied as well…..

[ Edited: 04 September 2007 11:43 AM by Gamer Advent]

Posted: 04 September 2007 11:41 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2007-06-07

I would, but I don’t have that much free time.  I do have experience tho.  And I’m witty.  Oh well.

Posted: 04 September 2007 11:43 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

GeminiAce, you can apply anyhow - The time available is more a guideline, we just need someone who won’t get sucked into real life quite as badly as some of us are prone to smile

lol

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff
We should make our own Wiki that details some of our inside jokes, like Chapple Banditry and Pants Optional Podcasting

Posted: 04 September 2007 11:46 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-06-04
Gamer Andy - 04 September 2007 10:59 AM

5) If you’re going to be a fanboy, don’t be too rabid about it (looking at you sherveen)

Uh huh.

Posted: 04 September 2007 12:50 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  149
Joined  2007-06-18
Sherveen - 04 September 2007 11:46 AM
Gamer Andy - 04 September 2007 10:59 AM

Uh huh.

When describing Sherveen, I prefer the term “deeply committed to the Xbox” rather than fanboy.

Posted: 04 September 2007 01:16 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2007-04-26

Let’s see.  I don’t meet the time committment thing since I have a new kid arrivign in 10 days.

Otherwise, I would go for the chance.

Posted: 04 September 2007 02:37 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2007-04-26

#### my headset just broke….. I need to get a new one quick.

Posted: 04 September 2007 04:16 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  165
Joined  2007-05-29

I have never made a podcast yet, but I have given speeches in front on an audience of around 100 people.

I’m not really a fan boy.  I only own one of the current gen console and that’s due to limited funds.

I do like getting under the hood of gadgets and finding how they work and I do have a lot of time on my hands.

I am going to record a podcast of my own as well but it will include movies, anime and tech as well.

So I won’t be in compitition with this one.  It represents my ecclectic personality.

I would love to make a podcast with you.  I am from the uk and would be similar to the dude of the widget.

Posted: 04 September 2007 04:25 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

Dave,
If you’re interested, submit your app to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), make sure you include an instant messenger contact method

I’m gonna go through them tommorow, the response to this has been great, lots of stuff for me to sift through, thanks to everyone who has applied (if you’re interested and havn’t applied yet - feel free to, its less about qualifications and who ends up clicking with the show

Thanks

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff

Posted: 04 September 2007 04:49 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2007-06-07

Alright, ya got me.  I sent my e-mail.

Posted: 04 September 2007 07:40 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2007-06-13

I’d be down with it… but Im needing a huge refresher course with all the new stuff going on

Posted: 04 September 2007 07:50 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

Would love to see your app Kaz wink But yeah, this gig requires you to be *very* in-the-know about gaming goings-ons

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff

Posted: 04 September 2007 08:32 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2007-04-26
Gamer Andy - 04 September 2007 07:50 PM

But yeah, this gig requires you to be *very* in-the-know about gaming goings-ons

From a fan point of view I’m glad to see that there. Actually, despite over half the requirements disqualifying me, I’m more than happy to see them there. Thems make for good podcasting. :D

Signature 

Even in the case of ladders, when simple hand-over-hand coordination is required, only one in four zombies will succeed.

Posted: 04 September 2007 08:35 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26
Robotkio - 04 September 2007 08:32 PM

But yeah, this gig requires you to be *very* in-the-know about gaming goings-ons

From a fan point of view I’m glad to see that there. Actually, despite over half the requirements disqualifying me, I’m more than happy to see them there. Thems make for good podcasting. :D

Yeah,
I’m done ####### around

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff

Posted: 05 September 2007 01:24 AM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-05-01

You hate me just because my headset isn’t USB. It was expensive, though!

I don’t like you anymore boy-mommy.

[ Edited: 05 September 2007 01:26 AM by Chris Pereira]
 Signature 

Chris Pereira
former Playfeed Managing Editor
News Editor - FileFront.com
My Blog | My Twitter

http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/TheSmokingManX.png

Posted: 05 September 2007 04:10 AM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  415
Joined  2007-04-26

My headset isn’t USB, either. It’s just a mic/speaker input combo thing…. I imagine that would probably also work, though. However, why the USB stipulation, Andy?

Posted: 05 September 2007 04:44 AM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  149
Joined  2007-06-18

Well, apparently no one else is going to say it…..so I guess I will.

Thanks for all the great GAL episodes Hawkes. It was fun listening to your rants and your gaming
knowledge is second-to-none. You will be missed my friend.

Posted: 05 September 2007 04:52 AM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2007-06-22

bert your making it sound like hawkes died lol

Posted: 05 September 2007 05:09 AM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2007-06-13

Would love to see your app Kaz wink But yeah, this gig requires you to be *very* in-the-know about gaming goings-ons

Give me sometime Adam, I’m avalible after 7pm now thanks to new time shifts at work. And I usually have nothing going on.

Posted: 05 September 2007 05:16 AM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2007-05-11

*mr.d breaks free of his computer chair* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hawke mai

Signature 

http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/MrD86.jpghttp://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2818/pmlogoln1.jpghttp://img212.imageshack.us/img212/948/linkff2.jpg

Posted: 05 September 2007 05:24 AM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26
Hypersteric - 05 September 2007 04:10 AM

My headset isn’t USB, either. It’s just a mic/speaker input combo thing…. I imagine that would probably also work, though. However, why the USB stipulation, Andy?

huh
I have no idea why I said it had to be a USB mic…. Ignore that

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff

Posted: 05 September 2007 06:51 AM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2007-06-07

I have applied as well.  I own 4 of the top five systems (360, wii, ds, ps2) and while I love my Bioshock and COD4 beta, I also love NCAA, Madden and the NBA games.  I think that will set me apart a bit from most podcasters.  Plus I’m black so that should help the raise the percentage of minority videogame podcaster to a whopping .05%.

Posted: 05 September 2007 06:55 AM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

Havn’t gotten your app Mon*Ster unless you’re masquerading as somebody else and I just don’t know smile  try sending it to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) - My website email has a pretty aggressive spam filter

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff

Posted: 05 September 2007 08:51 AM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  415
Joined  2007-04-26

I applied last night.

We shouldn’t act like this is the end of Hawkes. After all, he’ll be back. Plus, he’s starting Ask a Hawkes again.

1 of 2