Bleeding Edge TV 181: PAX 2007 Wrap-Up with Gear Live and GamerAndy
Posted: 04 September 2007 07:06 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2007-04-26

Yes it’s part deux of the Gear Live / GamerAndy group regaling us of stories from PAX. (Original thread here.)

Andru Edwards - 03 September 2007 03:16 PM

Gear Live and GamerAndy are back, bringing you their final thoughts from 2007, this time bringing Bobby Blackwolf along for the ride. We go over all the things we were impressed with at PAX, along with the things that left a bad taste in our mouths. We get into a deep discussion on how even hardcore games are starting to cater to the casual gamer, and how it seems that it isn’t necessarily a good thing. Did you know that you can do almost everything in just by pushing forward on the analog stick? Where is the skill in that? If you missed the 2007 Penny Arcade Expo and love video games, this is one to watch.

I really liked the discussion about gaming becoming more casual. It’s been a while since I’ve heard a discussion on GA that didn’t get ... let’s say heated. Either way I’ll leave the gaming changes topic to its own thread.

So what did you guys think of the PAX coverage? I’m really liking video stuff, but I think it was underutilized in this event. I mean, we got to se what everyone was wearing and the lovely shade of powder blue on Andrus DS, but outside of that I didn’t see as much footage of the convention as I would have liked to. Not that I’m complaining, from its conception I’ve always seen PAX as more of a jolly good time instead of something that needed to be reported on, which is why I didn’t have much pitty for Steve(some numbers here) when he was complaining that the press didn’t get enough time for interviews.

Either way I say keep up the good work.

[ Edited: 04 September 2007 07:08 AM by Robotkio]
 Signature 

Even in the case of ladders, when simple hand-over-hand coordination is required, only one in four zombies will succeed.

Posted: 04 September 2007 01:19 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2007-04-27

Frankly, I’m just not very used to dealing with a camera, thus my not looking at it much

We get better with Practice smile

Hvn’t actually seen this ep myself yet, thanks for posting it Robotkio

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff
We should make our own Wiki that details some of our inside jokes, like Chapple Banditry and Pants Optional Podcasting

Posted: 22 July 2009 04:17 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2009-07-22

I really liked the discussion about gaming becoming more casual. Itís been a while since Iíve heard a discussion on GA that didnít get ... letís say heated. Either way Iíll leave the gaming changes topic to its own thread.

http://www.DIRECTSTARTV.com