2 of 3
GamerAndy Live! Episode 88: Goddamn it Sherveen!
Posted: 03 September 2007 06:56 PM   [ # 26 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2007-04-26

Hawkes has been on Live, and The Commander Tim Show.

Posted: 03 September 2007 07:50 PM   [ # 27 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2007-06-14
Steve Vice - 03 September 2007 05:39 PM

Andy, Ikaruga is coming to XBLA, that should satisfy your hardcore needs wink
That game was crazy on the Gamecube (where I got to play it), and yeah I know that Ikaruga is just a taste of some of the crazy hardcore #### thats in the Japanese arcades that never sees the light of day over here.

Luckly I have it for the Dreamcast… and by god is it worth it. Yet another Treasure game, that by far is hella good.
Speaking of XBLA games… what I wish that Zero Gunner 1 and 2 would come out for it.
BTW, Sorry I havn’t been on again for a little while.

Posted: 03 September 2007 11:12 PM   [ # 28 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2007-04-30

That game was crazy on the Gamecube (where I got to play it), and yeah I know that Ikaruga is just a taste of some of the crazy hardcore #### thats in the Japanese arcades that never sees the light of day over here.

I have the Dreamcast version. 

Also, If you cant die in a game, then there is no difficulty.
PS: If you want a challenging game, play Perfect Dark on the hardest difficulty.  OMFG, I want to meet the person who has 1000/1000 in perfect dark zero and shake their hand.

Posted: 03 September 2007 11:29 PM   [ # 29 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2007-06-08

I plan on listening to the show this week, but I want to say something about the vita chamber (and I haven’t played Bioshock yet).  It sounds a lot like Prey.  You die, but just go play a little mini-game and pop right in where you died.  I do think that feature made the game really easy and I breezed through it. 

That being said, I do like being able to make forward progress in a game.  It’s a great feeling.  I’ve been playing the Darkness this weekend and it’s been frustrating the #### out of me because I’m not making the progress I think I should be making.  I am on the hard difficulty, but there are times when I have to re-play an area upwards of 20 times because of stupid ####. 

Anyway, I guess my point is, I don’t mind a game being easy as long as it’s fun.  Prey was super easy, but super fun.  Gears of War was hard, but fun.  I think those are two ends of the spectrum, but both work because it’s fun.

Posted: 04 September 2007 07:30 AM   [ # 30 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  149
Joined  2007-06-18

Yeah, I saw Hawkes over on the Commander Tim Show also.

Posted: 04 September 2007 08:34 AM   [ # 31 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2007-05-10
Bert - 04 September 2007 07:30 AM

Yeah, I saw Hawkes over on the Commander Tim Show also.

Hawkes recorded that Commander Tim show two days before.  It wasn’t live or recorded that night.

I’m here, had a very naughty boy on Friday, sorry about that.

Posted: 04 September 2007 05:29 PM   [ # 32 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-05-28
CooperHawkes - 04 September 2007 08:34 AM

Taking after his dad, is he?  wink

Posted: 04 September 2007 05:50 PM   [ # 33 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2007-04-26
HeartbreakRidge - 04 September 2007 05:29 PM

I’m sorry but does anyone else think you could of used a better word then naughty?

How about; Bad? devious? misbehaving? Anything but naughty, that just doesn’t sound right with the word Boy. Hawkes what would you think if your wife said “naughty boy” yeah exactly case closed! ;p lmao

Posted: 05 September 2007 08:48 AM   [ # 34 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-05-01

OMFGYES

Haven’t heard that before, but it makes me very happy.

I appreciate being mentioned 42 times on the show, but I didn’t tell Sherveen that Tiger Woods’ DLC is something that can’t be done in-game. I don’t know what the situation is, but I think it’s retarded nonetheless.

Signature 

Chris Pereira
former Playfeed Managing Editor
News Editor - FileFront.com
My Blog | My Twitter

http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/TheSmokingManX.png

Posted: 05 September 2007 08:52 AM   [ # 35 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2007-04-26
Glitch720 - 04 September 2007 05:50 PM
HeartbreakRidge - 04 September 2007 05:29 PM

I’m sorry but does anyone else think you could of used a better word then naughty?

How about; Bad? devious? misbehaving? Anything but naughty, that just doesn’t sound right with the word Boy. Hawkes what would you think if your wife said “naughty boy” yeah exactly case closed! ;p lmao

a new work for bad.. hmmm
he’s very “Uwe”.

Posted: 05 September 2007 08:58 AM   [ # 36 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  415
Joined  2007-04-26
oregono - 03 September 2007 11:12 PM

Also, If you cant die in a game, then there is no difficulty.
PS: If you want a challenging game, play Perfect Dark on the hardest difficulty.  OMFG, I want to meet the person who has 1000/1000 in perfect dark zero and shake their hand.

I agree. That game is really tough on Dark Agent. There are no checkpoints!

Ikaruga may actually force me to make another XBLA purchase….

Posted: 05 September 2007 10:43 AM   [ # 37 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2007-06-11

I didn’t like this show at all, it made me angry and I don’t like me when I’m angry!  Firstly I was sad when I realised Edie and Hawkes would not be on (sob).  Anyway, I started up a mindless arcade game and settled on the couch to listen to the show.  Now I have to shorten this down because I am tempted to go on a massive rant but I will break it down into three points:

1.  If you want to play a game the hard way and you have the option to do so then just do it and quit whinging by saying things like: “it’s not giving me the option…it’s forcing me to do it”.  If it was forced then you would have no choice but to do it…you have a choice…use it!

2.  If you feel like you are losing an argument or find that you cannot change someone’s mind in the way you wish then just admit defeat instead of constantly groaning the words: “Move on” or “We’re not talking about this”.

3.  Constantly reminding everyone how “Hardcore” you are sounds pompous.

I am going to have to finish now before I go on too much!  If this annoys anyone or you disagree just “move on…we’re not talking about this”!

Posted: 05 September 2007 11:05 AM   [ # 38 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2007-06-22

yeah it was funny to listen to andy and Sherveen argue,  but it kinda got a little much, still a funny but.

Posted: 05 September 2007 01:03 PM   [ # 39 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2007-04-27
joeleneguinan - 05 September 2007 10:43 AM

I didn’t like this show at all, it made me angry and I don’t like me when I’m angry!  Firstly I was sad when I realised Edie and Hawkes would not be on (sob).  Anyway, I started up a mindless arcade game and settled on the couch to listen to the show.  Now I have to shorten this down because I am tempted to go on a massive rant but I will break it down into three points:

1.  If you want to play a game the hard way and you have the option to do so then just do it and quit whinging by saying things like: “it’s not giving me the option…it’s forcing me to do it”.  If it was forced then you would have no choice but to do it…you have a choice…use it!

2.  If you feel like you are losing an argument or find that you cannot change someone’s mind in the way you wish then just admit defeat instead of constantly groaning the words: “Move on” or “We’re not talking about this”.

3.  Constantly reminding everyone how “Hardcore” you are sounds pompous.

I am going to have to finish now before I go on too much!  If this annoys anyone or you disagree just “move on…we’re not talking about this”!

Sorry I’m not Hawkes or Edie :/  If it was my choice, I’d hire both and we’d prance away to magic fairy land podcasting all the way there

1) The system is not intended for me, it’s intended for you - The fact that the option is there at all means that at some point in development, Irrational realized “Oh ####, this save system is totally easy - it’s gonna really piss off our hardcore fans - Quick, shoehorn in a save system!” .  Its insulting, and its indicative of the way the entire industry is going (Hooray for the Wii!)

2) I didnt feel like I was losing the arguement, I felt like we had been talking about it for too long and neither of us were going to change our minds - If you’d rather we kept going over the same ground for the remainder of the show (more than we did) we could have done that.

3) Not only am I hardcore, but I’m also pompous - You must be new here, ask anyone!  I think very highly of myself

Thanks for listening wink

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff
We should make our own Wiki that details some of our inside jokes, like Chapple Banditry and Pants Optional Podcasting

Posted: 05 September 2007 01:14 PM   [ # 40 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Joined  2007-06-11

Move on dude!  smile  I happen to know that I am always right and that makes you wrong!  Please don’t make me angry again, it’s not good for the blood pressure!  smile

Posted: 05 September 2007 01:16 PM   [ # 41 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2007-04-27
joeleneguinan - 05 September 2007 01:14 PM

Move on dude!  smile  I happen to know that I am always right and that makes you wrong!  Please don’t make me angry again, it’s not good for the blood pressure!  smile

last word! HAH!
-andy
BTW, did I mention I’m Hardcore?

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff
We should make our own Wiki that details some of our inside jokes, like Chapple Banditry and Pants Optional Podcasting

Posted: 05 September 2007 01:19 PM   [ # 42 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  149
Joined  2007-06-18

Well this really sucks. I just made some popcorn for the smackdown and now this?
What’s next? Roses? Hugs and kisses?

Posted: 05 September 2007 01:41 PM   [ # 43 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2007-06-08

Dude, Sherveen is pissing me off.

Posted: 05 September 2007 01:46 PM   [ # 44 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2007-06-29
Gamer Andy - 05 September 2007 01:03 PM

Its insulting, and its indicative of the way the entire industry is going (Hooray for the Wii!)

Now the Wii isn’t famous for its hardcore games, but give Metroid Prime 3 a shot before giving the console the entire blame for the industry “going soft”. Some claim MP3 is easier than the two previous Prime games but in my opinion its seems like it just got rid off some of the more tedious parts. Metroid Prime games has always been fun and challenging. Besides Bioshock is on the Xbox 360 and the Wii should not get the blame for games on other consoles going soft.

Prime is currently pretty much the only Hardcore game built from the ground up for the Wii, so as of yet it doesn’t offer too much for the hardcore crowd, but if anything it should prove a wii bit more challenging than Bioshock raspberry

Posted: 05 September 2007 01:49 PM   [ # 45 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Joined  2007-06-11
Bert - 05 September 2007 01:19 PM

Well this really sucks. I just made some popcorn for the smackdown and now this?
What’s next? Roses? Hugs and kisses?

Sorry Bert, I’ll try better next time!

Posted: 05 September 2007 04:16 PM   [ # 46 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2007-06-07

The show really suffered due to the Bioshock argument. (btw…....i’m with Sherveen) It was a good passionate argument that unfortunatly went on a little too long and bleed into other segments.  At one point I yelled out “for ##### sake, give it a rest” and was kindly told not to use curse words that could be heard in other peoples cubicles. 

Other then that it was good.  Nice change of pace hearing someone defend the PS3, althought you forgot to mention the SDF battle cry.  “Little Big Planet and Home will totally revolutionize gaming. You’ll see!”

Posted: 06 September 2007 03:14 AM   [ # 47 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2007-04-26
Gamer Andy - 05 September 2007 01:16 PM
joeleneguinan - 05 September 2007 01:14 PM

last word! HAH!
-andy
BTW, did I mention I’m Hardcore?

Andy you know I got your back….. Well unless Edie joins the fight in which case we are SCREWED!!!

Posted: 06 September 2007 09:15 AM   [ # 48 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2007-05-10
Glitch720 - 06 September 2007 03:14 AM

Andy you know I got your back….. Well unless Edie joins the fight in which case we are SCREWED!!!

Why are people more scared of Edie than me??? Seriously, I’m the ####### Hawkes dude!

Posted: 06 September 2007 09:34 AM   [ # 49 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2007-06-22

yeah, who can say they really fear hawkes lol. smile

Posted: 06 September 2007 04:10 PM   [ # 50 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2007-06-29

Is Edie scary? raspberry

2 of 3