1 of 2
GA Live Forums
Posted: 06 August 2007 07:27 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2007-04-26

Should we try to find another site to use as a forum for discussing things amoung ourselves?
I don’t much care for the organized forum rules.  I prefer to discuss anything and everything among the GA community without having to look in 50 damn categories to see what my friends are talking about.

I prefer to talk to GA people about games or movies and since that is my audience, I find that the GA Live category IS the appropriate location for that talk.

Apparantly GearLive doesn’t agree.

Posted: 06 August 2007 10:02 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2007-06-08

Yea, I don’t love it either.  Why is there a GA section of the forums if we can’t talk amongst ourselves?

Posted: 06 August 2007 10:21 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2007-05-11

hmm look personally i dont like the Gear live forums there ugly there are to many forum sections and its very untidy not the usual place i tend to post, but i can hang out here because i like the people,i dont agree with the rules as much as you but as long as GA is here so am i

Signature 

http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/MrD86.jpghttp://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2818/pmlogoln1.jpghttp://img212.imageshack.us/img212/948/linkff2.jpg

Posted: 06 August 2007 11:05 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2007-04-26

The sections make sense to me, personaly. Even the original GA site had a forum for the podcast (which would now be the GamerAndy Live! section), a section for video game talk and a section for off-topic things. Concidering the size of the active community on the Gear Live forums I would suggest they prune off the sections that aren’t used on a regular basis and merge them with the Off-Topic section untill the users start discussing enough of a certain topic to merit it’s own board section, though.

Signature 

Even in the case of ladders, when simple hand-over-hand coordination is required, only one in four zombies will succeed.

Posted: 06 August 2007 12:02 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  154
Joined  2007-04-26

I don’t know, the section on Gear Live are ok, I mean I have used them, but I would post a question and then never get it answered except by Robotkio (thanks man, and no offense to anyone else who answered, you were all loads of help).  So what did I do?  I stopped using the other forums.  I mean I sometimes wanted the opinions from the people of GA who I have been with for a while so I posted in the GA forum, where I knew the people from GA would look at it.  I know that the other forums are useful, and I will try to use them more, but I have to admit, it is much easier to get Hawkes’ attention in the GA forum then it is to get it by posting in the lounge…but that is just my experience.

Hawkes you have weird dreams.

Posted: 06 August 2007 01:29 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  149
Joined  2007-06-18

Maj, I totally agree with you. It seems to me that the point of moving here was to allow the GA
people to continue to converse with eachother.

Posted: 06 August 2007 01:31 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

I’ll prolly just keep them busy moving my posts until such time as I get banned.

Posted: 06 August 2007 02:18 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-05-28

I’m here because if it gets talked about here, it may end up mentioned in the show, and vice versa.  No disrespect to the GL folks or other non-GA-forumgoers, but I’m not interested in the rest of the forums (I just don’t have the time, as well).

Speaking of the show…. when are we getting our next dose?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Posted: 06 August 2007 03:09 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-05-01

I understand where you guys are coming from. I’m talking to Andru about some changes that would make things a whole lot better, so sit tight.

And, to be fair, basically all of the threads you guys make are about the show or videogames, so it’d only be two different sections you’d be checking, really.

[ Edited: 06 August 2007 03:18 PM by Chris Pereira]
 Signature 

Chris Pereira
former Playfeed Managing Editor
News Editor - FileFront.com
My Blog | My Twitter

http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/TheSmokingManX.png

Posted: 06 August 2007 06:01 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2007-04-26
HeartbreakRidge - 06 August 2007 02:18 PM

I’m here because if it gets talked about here, it may end up mentioned in the show, and vice versa.  No disrespect to the GL folks or other non-GA-forumgoers, but I’m not interested in the rest of the forums (I just don’t have the time, as well).

Speaking of the show…. when are we getting our next dose?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Thats about the same area as I’m coming from..
I like the GA forum crowd, its a good laugh.
If we have to talk to normal people they may think were mad.

So where is Andy anyway… did he move in to a house with no network connection…

Another show would be sweet too..
Come on hawkes, don’t make me listen to the Paris Hilton album on my player instead.

Posted: 06 August 2007 08:28 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2007-04-28

yeah you guys have been slowing down with those podcasts.

Anyway we dont have enough people to split up into different threads to keep the board active. Only a hanfdul of us post so why spread it out if we are only here because gamerany podcast moved here. I mean on Ga.com there were only a few different threads. So it was small enough for us. But we also had more members then so…

Posted: 06 August 2007 08:50 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2007-04-26

Hell no I won’t go…..........maybe we can smoke a bowl?

Posted: 06 August 2007 11:51 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  415
Joined  2007-04-26
Robotkio - 06 August 2007 11:05 AM

The sections make sense to me, personaly. Even the original GA site had a forum for the podcast (which would now be the GamerAndy Live! section), a section for video game talk and a section for off-topic things. Concidering the size of the active community on the Gear Live forums I would suggest they prune off the sections that aren’t used on a regular basis and merge them with the Off-Topic section untill the users start discussing enough of a certain topic to merit it’s own board section, though.

I’m in entire agreement with Robotkio on the subject.

Posted: 07 August 2007 04:39 AM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26
Chris Pereira - 06 August 2007 03:09 PM

I understand where you guys are coming from. I’m talking to Andru about some changes that would make things a whole lot better, so sit tight.

And, to be fair, basically all of the threads you guys make are about the show or videogames, so it’d only be two different sections you’d be checking, really.

This is a local forum for local people. Theres nothing for you here.

Posted: 07 August 2007 07:43 AM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2007-05-10

I just wanted everyone to know that there have been outside influences causing issues with recording the show these past two weeks.  We’ve made plans only to have to scuttle the plans for various reasons.  Edie has had to pick up slack at her job, Andy has been working his ass off, and I could spend the rest of this post talking about the stupid #### going on with me.

Soon, I promise, and I apologize for the delays.

Thanks!

Posted: 07 August 2007 07:53 AM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26
CooperHawkes - 07 August 2007 07:43 AM

I just wanted everyone to know that there have been outside influences causing issues with recording the show these past two weeks.  We’ve made plans only to have to scuttle the plans for various reasons.  Edie has had to pick up slack at her job, Andy has been working his ass off, and I could spend the rest of this post talking about the stupid #### going on with me.

Soon, I promise, and I apologize for the delays.

Thanks!

no prob, I’d rather wait for your awesome podcast than listen to several bad ones.

Posted: 07 August 2007 12:50 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2007-04-26

In relation to the podcast, I’m keeping as excited about the podcast as I am about Spore. It’ll be here when it’s here and I know it’ll be awesome when it comes. No pressure guys, I can wait.

To be a little more on topic, I do think it’s kind of rude to more or less invade another websites forum and start bashing the layout and administrators. I assume they’ve had this forum set up for a long time and it’s been running just fine the way it has been up until we got here. Andru has been very lenient about letting people change their avatars and having image signatures so when Chris Pereira says they’re talking about it I believe something will be done. If not I believe they’re realistic and smart enough people so they’ll come up with a good enough reason to keep it like it is.

Either way, if you do start up some sort of GA Lite forum I will have just as much a presence there as here, most likely. I’d just rather stick around mostly where the GA cast is (and I assume will stay) and not segregate what small remaining forum community there is. If there was a devision it could mean the end of the GA forum as we know it and it would just be two forums with five or six people each who all happen to listen to the same podcast.

Signature 

Even in the case of ladders, when simple hand-over-hand coordination is required, only one in four zombies will succeed.

Posted: 07 August 2007 01:59 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26
Robotkio - 07 August 2007 12:50 PM

In relation to the podcast, I’m keeping as excited about the podcast as I am about Spore. It’ll be here when it’s here and I know it’ll be awesome when it comes. No pressure guys, I can wait.

To be a little more on topic, I do think it’s kind of rude to more or less invade another websites forum and start bashing the layout and administrators. I assume they’ve had this forum set up for a long time and it’s been running just fine the way it has been up until we got here. Andru has been very lenient about letting people change their avatars and having image signatures so when Chris Pereira says they’re talking about it I believe something will be done. If not I believe they’re realistic and smart enough people so they’ll come up with a good enough reason to keep it like it is.

Either way, if you do start up some sort of GA Lite forum I will have just as much a presence there as here, most likely. I’d just rather stick around mostly where the GA cast is (and I assume will stay) and not segregate what small remaining forum community there is. If there was a devision it could mean the end of the GA forum as we know it and it would just be two forums with five or six people each who all happen to listen to the same podcast.

I would agree its rude to go try to change an existing forum.  By the same token, I am not trying to change anything about the rest of this site.  Just keeping things within the GA community without polluting the GA live community general boards.

I feel talking about the things we usually discuss amongst ourselves for the express purpose of putting up things we would talk to Andy, Edie, and Hawkes about is appropriate use of the forum, regardless of the sub-genre of the topic.

Posted: 07 August 2007 04:28 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2007-06-29

I completely agree with you Malfunction.
As I wrote in the thread started by Chris Pereira, I’m into this part of the forum because I’ve been following Gamerandy from site to site, and I want to discuss with the Gamerandy community, not to the GearLive community.

Posted: 07 August 2007 04:32 PM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26
Steve Vice - 07 August 2007 04:28 PM

I completely agree with you Malfunction.
As I wrote in the thread started by Chris Pereira, I’m into this part of the forum because I’ve been following Gamerandy from site to site, and I want to discuss with the Gamerandy community, not to the GearLive community.

As Chapple bandits, we are a strange nomadic group , that don’t mix well.
Many cos everyone else is mad.

Posted: 07 August 2007 04:35 PM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2007-06-29

Indeed :D

Posted: 07 August 2007 06:24 PM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  165
Joined  2007-05-29

In my opinion; the problem with forums is that sometimes they don’t get it.  I’m here because GAL is here and if it moved to another forum, so would I.  I know that sometimes I talk rubbish but that’s what make GAL a fun place to be.  Just saying what you think and getting everyones opinion too. 

I could look at the other forums connect to gearlive but I won’t. 

As for the podcast being delayed.  All good things comes to those who wait.

Posted: 07 August 2007 07:06 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-05-01
Dante of Smeg - 07 August 2007 04:39 AM
Chris Pereira - 06 August 2007 03:09 PM

This is a local forum for local people. Theres nothing for you here.

Sorry to break it to ya, but I’ve been listening to GAL for a long while, too. I came to Gear Live as a staff member because of Andy.

And I promise you guys, I’m trying my best to figure something out that will make everyone happy. So, be patient, and then you’ll be happy.

Signature 

Chris Pereira
former Playfeed Managing Editor
News Editor - FileFront.com
My Blog | My Twitter

http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/TheSmokingManX.png

Posted: 07 August 2007 07:38 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2007-05-03

I would love to have Andy reopen the forums at http://www.Gamerandy.com I’m online most of the time, so I wouldn’t mind being a moderator and keeping the forums spam free.

Posted: 07 August 2007 07:52 PM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2007-05-11

just dont do an OSVG dude go threw the entire old GA forum delete or the spam then have the forum close haahaha classic ....

Signature 

http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/MrD86.jpghttp://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2818/pmlogoln1.jpghttp://img212.imageshack.us/img212/948/linkff2.jpg

Posted: 07 August 2007 07:53 PM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2007-04-27

Something is happening
I’ll tell ya’ll as soon as I know its for sure

andy

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff
We should make our own Wiki that details some of our inside jokes, like Chapple Banditry and Pants Optional Podcasting

1 of 2