how do you record the podcast?
Posted: 08 June 2007 01:43 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  165
Joined  2007-05-29

I am thinking of recording a podcast.  It will be the state of affairs in the gaming and movie industry from the view point of the UK.  I have never recorded a podcast and wanted to get some input.

I will tell what I do have so far and maybe someone can tell me what I need to buy.

I have one PC (Pentium 4 2.26GHZ) for skype.  That is connected to a Tascam portastudio, where the Phillips mics and head phones are connected.  The tascam has a 4 track casette and can record up to 12 seperate input devices, where 4 are for mics.  It is then sent to my second PC.  Athlon xp+3000 64 Bit for recording and back to the first PC.  This way anyone on Skype can hear us talking.

I was debating whether or not to buy a sound FX box.  This way I can have any recording at the touche of a button.  I might buy sound forge.  That way I can add seperate tracks to the final recording. 

I don’t have an Apple PC unfortunatly.

Any advice is always good advice and I’m like a blind man try to find the bus stop. grin

[ Edited: 08 June 2007 01:45 PM by dave19711998]

Posted: 08 June 2007 08:44 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  154
Joined  2007-04-26

Well i have only used garage band on a mac to make a podcast, but I have some friends who do podcasts, and I can ask them.

Posted: 08 June 2007 09:43 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  165
Joined  2007-05-29

That would be very kind of you if yoy do.

Posted: 09 June 2007 11:49 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  154
Joined  2007-04-26

Ok so my Friend uses Windows Media Encoder 9

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx

Hope this helps.

Just so you know, my friend make a video podcast, but this should work for just audio to.  But I have not tried it, so…  But you could try software like audacity for recording just voice.

‹‹ A silly story      Hey, I need a GA logo ››