Topics?
Comments?
Things you want addressed on the show

Post ‘em now!

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff
We should make our own Wiki that details some of our inside jokes, like Chapple Banditry and Pants Optional Podcasting

Posted: 04 June 2007 01:44 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  154
Joined  2007-04-26

Shadowrun - requirements (very high)

will any one at GAL have a DX10 computer to play crysis?

Posted: 04 June 2007 02:01 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2007-04-26

Custom Halo Beta impressions.

Looking forward to the 3-way.

Posted: 04 June 2007 02:13 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2007-05-12

Shadowrun= Do you think its worth picking up for 60$? Hows the party and matchmaking functionality?  and how much time do you plan on investing playing this one?

Hour of Victory Demo= Any thoughts on this besides the fact that its Craptacular?

Halo3 = I know this game has been milked to death in previous discussions, but hey its HALO3!
Thoughts on custom games and the plethora of options they give you, and how do you like the newly announced items-radar scrambler, customizable armor, brute chopper etc…

Posted: 04 June 2007 02:18 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2007-04-27

Good thoughts ya’ll - keep ‘em coming
Beyond this, I’m curious what ya’ll thought of the TV segment hawkes and I did last week at the end of the show - It wasn’t planned, but GAL has always been less about videogames, and more about the #### that we think is interesting enough to blather on about (which is usually videogames)

Did ya’ll mind the off-topicness of the TV segment?  Should we just stick to videogames?  Or should we just talk about whatever the #### comes into our heads at the moment

Also, I’ve been told (again) that to expand our audience we need to tone down the language - What do you guys think of that?  Does the constant swearing add to the show, bother you, or are you indifferent about it?  Its never been intentional, its just how we talk when we’re around each other (I swear more when I’m doing a show with Hawkes than with, say, George)

Thanks in advance guys

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff
We should make our own Wiki that details some of our inside jokes, like Chapple Banditry and Pants Optional Podcasting

Posted: 04 June 2007 03:35 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2007-05-12

Off topic and randomness is cool. Rambling is always entertaining wink If the Show was 100% video games it would then become another mediocre podcast like the thousands that are out there now. Seriously, how many times do I need to be informed that this Arcade game comes out Wednesday??

As long as the current crop of popular game titles are being discussed and analyzed then all that follows is fine with me grin

As for cursing?.... Bah! Fukk the mainstream.

Posted: 04 June 2007 05:25 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-05-01

Topics:

-LOTRO. Andy you know what I’m talking about
-Crappiness of GFW - Live
-Just say the words “Starcraft 2,” or “Forza 2”
-How much does the inability to play WiC suck?

I don’t mind going off-topic. Hell, if/when I get on I will be derailing every conversation throughout the show. Trying to go off a script or not being yourselves (i.e. not swearing—that comes naturally, so just do it) is the formula for boredom.

Signature 

Chris Pereira
former Playfeed Managing Editor
News Editor - FileFront.com
My Blog | My Twitter

http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/TheSmokingManX.png

Posted: 04 June 2007 05:52 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2007-04-26

I don’t mind anything really you could talk about what color the dog #### you stepped in, in the park and it would still be good.

in the in the almost immortal words of Cartman “GAL has washed my flabby little mind”

Posted: 04 June 2007 06:31 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-27

FYI :
Ep 82 has been delayed until tommorow night because of Edie’s availability and my not so awesome day that prevents me from being particularly interesting during the show
Keep adding those questions and comments!  THE INTERESTING ONES WILL BE READ, THE BORING ONES WILL BE RIDICULED

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff

Posted: 04 June 2007 07:12 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2007-04-26

Worth mentioning the drought… why are all the games so far away.
The shadowrun viral achivement and how you get it..

Love the of topic stuff, one of the best podcasts around, hell you can marry my sister.

Posted: 04 June 2007 07:16 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

Other topics besides games are fine.  The segment was pretty cool all together.

As for the cursing.  It does not offend me in any way shape or form.  A lot of very popular podcasts have cursing and swearing.  1up yours has some profanity, and I listen to a comedy podcast called “Never Not Funny” which will have profanity.  Profanity is not an issue unless it is profanity just to be profane.  However, if you want to broaden the audience beyond the current regulars, less profanity will not hurt at all.

The best way to broaden the audience would be to focus on even more topics than primarily the 360.  You have avery 360 loyal fanbase (myself included), but I don’t think PS or nintendo owners have a lot to tune in to listen about.  Most of Andy’s experiences with the Wii and PS3 are crap.  Hell, mine are too.  But both consoles do have their useful points.

The new PS3 and PSP firmware upgrades to add the streaming media not just from your PC to your PS3, but then from the PS3 to the PSP even via the internet, is pretty ####### cool.  The upscaling for old games and DVDs was also a nice feature.  (Which my 360 could do if I sold my current one and bought an Elite or went with a VGA connection).  The PS3/PSP functionality combinations could prove very neat over time, and both platforms need to do something to not finish last in their respective arenas.

Posted: 04 June 2007 07:33 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2007-04-26

Good points maj,
but I’m not sure about the profanity.
I like people to speak there minds and not have to worry about censoring themselves.
If it were me it would be far worse, but then I’ve listened to too much billy connelly, Bill hicks and George Carlin.

Posted: 04 June 2007 08:09 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-05-28
Dante of Smeg - 04 June 2007 07:12 PM

+1.  I mean, really, I know it’s a common practice in most online gaming (except the sensible adult gamers I hang out with, thankfully), but do we really need to be encouraging it by handing out achievements?  Do we give out other griefing achievements next? The mind, it boggles!

Also, since you are recording tomorrow, I’m sure you will be talking about the “big Microsoft announcement” that is guaranteed not to be as big a thing as they are teasing…

Posted: 04 June 2007 08:14 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-27
HeartbreakRidge - 04 June 2007 08:09 PM

+1.  I mean, really, I know it’s a common practice in most online gaming (except the sensible adult gamers I hang out with, thankfully), but do we really need to be encouraging it by handing out achievements?  Do we give out other griefing achievements next? The mind, it boggles!

Also, since you are recording tomorrow, I’m sure you will be talking about the “big Microsoft announcement” that is guaranteed not to be as big a thing as they are teasing…

was just argueing with sherveen about this
He’s convinced that they’re going to announce MGS4 on the 360

and i’m like “Um, at a Pacman tourney?  Sure….”

Seriously though, I’m sure its like “We’ve got an announcement to make!  This is THE WORLDS FIRST PACMAN TOURNEMENT(on the xbox 360)” or some “PACMAN ANTHOLOGY COMING TO XBLA! OMFGCOPTER!

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff

Posted: 04 June 2007 08:14 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2007-04-26

Company of Heroes is now the first DX10 game apparantly.

Signature 

Even in the case of ladders, when simple hand-over-hand coordination is required, only one in four zombies will succeed.

Posted: 04 June 2007 09:31 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26
Dante of Smeg - 04 June 2007 07:33 PM

Good points maj,
but I’m not sure about the profanity.
I like people to speak there minds and not have to worry about censoring themselves.
If it were me it would be far worse, but then I’ve listened to too much billy connelly, Bill hicks and George Carlin.

I am the same way.  I love stand up comedy and I love the blue stuff the most.  I would not want the GA podcast to go clean personally.  I like the raw uncensored emotion.  It profanity is not forced like when a 13 year old kid yells #### because he thinks it makes him sound cool.

Posted: 04 June 2007 09:41 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26
Gamer Andy - 04 June 2007 08:14 PM

Seriously though, I’m sure its like “We’ve got an announcement to make!  This is THE WORLDS FIRST PACMAN TOURNEMENT(on the xbox 360)” or some “PACMAN ANTHOLOGY COMING TO XBLA! OMFGCOPTER!

I predict the big announcement will be a 800 MS point downloadable Pac-Man skin for your Forza 2 cars.

Posted: 04 June 2007 09:49 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2007-04-26

Ha, ha, ha!!

I heard that a Hollywood gaming company is going to make a video game out of the movie 300. What a joke!! All the hero’s but one die in it. The fact that most games from movies are crap except Riddick, and the choice of this movie makes me chuckle uncontrollably. Who in the world wants to play as a dieing character?

Do you think any thing is going to come of this new rumor about the Wii getting a hard drive?

Something off topic; what kind of music do you guys listen to? Any of you listen to Tool, Metalica, Foo Fighters, American Head Charge, Stone Sour, or Led Zepplin, ZZ Top, and Queen?

Since I’m on the music topic, What do you think of the Ignition Program for Xbox Live, and the Zune Market Place? http://www.planetxbox360.com/index.php/articledetails/show/2012

How about ID software coming up with their own engine that will be featured on a new franchise game that has yet to be named? Are they not happy with the sales of the Unreal Engine, or are they just pushing the envelope for gaming development?

Posted: 04 June 2007 10:03 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-27
Maj Malfunction - 04 June 2007 09:41 PM
Gamer Andy - 04 June 2007 08:14 PM

I predict the big announcement will be a 800 MS point downloadable Pac-Man skin for your Forza 2 cars.

Early Tommorow Morning at the Microsoft Announcement:

Major Nelson takes the stage and addresses the crowd “Good morning ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Pacman World Cup!”
The crowd cheers
He continues “Before we get things rolling, I’d like to introduce a good friend of mine who has an important announcement to make about the future of the Xbox 360, I know you’re all excited about this and let me just reiterate this is World Exclusive information.  FIrst time its ever been heard is gonna be right here folks.  Lets welcome onto the stage, Aaron Greenberg!”

The crowd goes nuts, cheering and hooting.  All manner of uproarious uproar is heard

Aaron Greenberg takes the stage, he approaches the mic.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, thanks for that warm welcome - It is my great privledge and honor to announce, for the very first time…..”

The crowd is hushed, several cameras click softly to themselves

He takes a deep breath and says “I AM THE LOVECHILD OF PACMAN AND THE GRIMACE! THE GRIM-MAN!  I EAT YOUR POWER PELLETS ANNNNND YOUR DELICIOUS BURGERS! NOTHING CAN KILL ME FOR I AM THE GRIM-MAN!!  CHOMPPA CHOMPPA CHOMPPA CHOMPPA

with that, he throws of his human mask and reveals the hideous truth.  His head is that pie-with-a-slice-cut-out-of-it shape, but instead of the pleasent yellow we’re used to, its all purple and covered in hair.

He then proceeds to eat Major Nelson who screams “Why not buy another Elite?” as he is devoured

Yup

tommorows gonna be a hellova day

Signature 

Host of GamerAndy Live!
That dude with that show
Purveyor of fine stuff

Posted: 04 June 2007 10:50 PM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-06-04

Ha MGS4 at a pacman tourny no way Sherveen is way off.

Back to the podcast we should tell the kids what happens when you drink and dive in a Warthog. Edie knows what I’m talking about. Also now that Shadowrun is out is it worth it to thoes of you who have paid for it cought “Andy” cought?

Posted: 05 June 2007 12:20 AM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-06-05

For clarification (darn ya Andy!), I was not convinced of anything. Andy and I were merely speculating on what in the world it could be.

[17:20] Sherveen M: Any speculation on the announcement that will change gaming forever?

I did think MGS4 would be a good fit though, considering the rumors of contract signing were just, what, a week or two ago? I don’t really know what it is, but that was just a guess. I’d also like to point out I still don’t think the Pac-Man tournament and the announcement will have anything to do with each other. If they do, lame.

Oh, and Andy, way to quit Shadowrun. Lag was only there for two of four games!

[ Edited: 05 June 2007 12:23 AM by Sherveen]

Posted: 05 June 2007 02:03 AM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  154
Joined  2007-04-26

Ok one I would love the copy of stalker if no one else wants it.  Two I also HATE fukking lost.  I think that they all got off the island, and Ben was right, they would all die if they left the island.  It is Ben in the coffin, and maybe Jacob = Island = swarm, and Walt has come back to help?  And hell if jack dad is still alive, then we just hit a whole new bag of problems…

Posted: 05 June 2007 10:15 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  415
Joined  2007-04-26

I’d like to hear Forza 2 talk. If not, heads will roll.

In related news, GAL seems to be lacking in racing fans; if you need a GAL racing correspondent, you know where to find me.

I’d also like to hear if Andy (or anyone) is going to get a DX10 card and Crysis. I’m considering it, but I’m not sure if it’s worth all the money (since I’d have to upgrade my entire system for it).

Throwback to GHII, have any GAL folk gotten the Buckethead achievement?

Posted: 05 June 2007 11:30 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

I have a 8800 GTS card in my new PC, so I will probably try Crysis.

Posted: 05 June 2007 11:39 PM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-05-01
Hypersteric - 05 June 2007 10:15 PM

I’d like to hear Forza 2 talk. If not, heads will roll.

I’d also like to hear if Andy (or anyone) is going to get a DX10 card and Crysis. I’m considering it, but I’m not sure if it’s worth all the money (since I’d have to upgrade my entire system for it).

I’m not on the show, so you probably won’t get any Forza 2 talk unfortunately.

And I’m building a new rig soon, it’ll have a DX10 card but nothing insane. I’ll probably pick up Crysis but even with this new computer, it probably won’t be fast enough to run it on the higher-end settings. It’s more of a machine to smoothly play Lord of the Rings Online and grief as efficiently as possible in game.

Signature 

Chris Pereira
former Playfeed Managing Editor
News Editor - FileFront.com
My Blog | My Twitter

http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/TheSmokingManX.png

Posted: 06 June 2007 12:54 AM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

Chris,

How is LOTRO?  I have been toying with giving it a whirl, but MMOs are huge sinks and I want to be sure its worth my time.

1 of 2