Freinds are not getting confermation e-mails
Posted: 19 May 2007 02:34 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2007-04-26

I have had two friends from the old Gamer Andy web site that are having trouble joining the site. What they say is they have not received their confirmation e-mails after applying.

I think they should be under Mr_D, and fanman791. Is there any thing you can do to hook them up?

Thanks much!!

Posted: 19 May 2007 08:05 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2458
Joined  2004-12-22

I manually approved them. Odd that happened…will look into it.

Let them know that they are in smile

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 19 May 2007 09:56 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2007-04-26

Thanks man you ROCK!!!!

Posted: 20 May 2007 08:43 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-05-10

It’s a common problem that I had to deal with previously with two different forums of both GA and WorthPlaying.com.  It’s rather cumbersome when you just want to get your account authenticated.  My best guess is that it may have something to do with security like your firewall or whatever spamblocking sh*t you have.  I’ve more than likely had some e-mails blocked for being suspicious.

Then again it could be a faulty email client software.  When I tried to open up my email and get those accounts authenticated I was using Microsoft Outlook Express, which SUCKS, and had to ask the admins to unlock them manually.  This is as versus to when I was using Mozilla Thunderbird, I was able to receive the email from GL here without a problem.  And knowing that there are some GAites trying to get in here and having trouble while I didn’t indicates to me that this is a possibility.  If they are viewing this then maybe switching e-mail clients would help.