Saints Row for PS3 canned.
Posted: 10 May 2007 10:46 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2007-04-26

Ha! Ha!

Sounds like the PS3 is getting another low blow in the mid section. THQ revealed today that it has cancelled the Playstation 3 version of Saints Row, instead opting to focus on a full-blown sequel to the Xbox 360 hit.

Then again it may be a little better then receiving a port from the 360. The next Saints Row will appear on the 360, and the PS3. At least thats the news for now, unless MS ponies up a bed of cash for the developers to lay their gaming love for the 360. Hmmm….. That sort of sounds like the developers are like prostitutes. LOL!!

I wounder how much of this may be based on frustration over the current tools they have to work on with the PS3, or the fact that for a port this early in the PS3s life cycle wouldn’t pay off?

I don’t know why I’m babbling about the PS3. I’m not wasting my money on one.  😜

Posted: 11 May 2007 12:09 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  415
Joined  2007-04-26

It sounds to me like they just don’t want to waste time porting the game to PS3, so they can instead fully utilize all the time they’ve got to make the sequel better for both platforms.

Posted: 11 May 2007 01:42 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-05-01

I think there was probably a loss of interest at this point. If there was any trouble in the development of the game, there really was no point in releasing it—it wasn’t going to be a big hit when the game was originally released last August. THQ is much better off holding off for the release of Saints Row 2.

Signature 

Chris Pereira
former Playfeed Managing Editor
News Editor - FileFront.com
My Blog | My Twitter

http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/TheSmokingManX.png

‹‹ Crackdown DLC: Now THIS is DLC!      Steam ››