FilmCrunch 050: Ghost Rider Review
Posted: 10 May 2007 05:46 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

[gearlive]Filmcrunch-FilmCrunch050GhostRiderReview843.flv[/gearlive]

Veronica Santiago and Neil Estep review Ghost Rider in this episode of FilmCrunch:

Long ago, superstar motorcycle stunt rider Johnny Blaze made a deal with the devil to protect the ones he loved most: his father and his childhood sweetheart, Roxanne. Now, the Devil has come for his due. By day, Johnny is a die-hard stunt rider—but at night in the presence of evil, he becomes the Ghost Rider, a bounty hunter of rogue demons. Forced to do the Devil’s bidding, Johnny is determined to confront his fate and use his curse and powers to defend the innocent.

Be sure to subscribe to FilmCrunch in iTunes!

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 10 May 2007 08:11 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-05-10

I didn’t think the movie was absolutely terrible.  The biggest problems I had though is that the action sequences were too scarce and a little broken up for my tastes.  It seemed to be like have a battle with a character, a little bit of an intermission, have another battle, another intermission, etc.  The action sequences really were not dull but, I don’t know, something about the timing of them didn’t really engage me.  I also think that in the span of the entire film they focused entirely too heavily on the romantic angle.  That isn’t too say I hated it, but they focused way too much on it.  It kind of put me off a little.  All in all, I think it was so-so.  Well I’d much rather watch this than that piece of sh*t Grandma’s Boy.  I didn’t even watch the movie, just clips of it, and was near vomiting point by the time I got through like three clips it was so bad.

/rant

Posted: 02 June 2008 11:35 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I have this movie and I thought it was pretty good movie. I liked the graphics in it also. I always like weird movies, it came accrossed to me as a sci-fi thing and I usually dont like scf-fi but this one was good.

Posted: 04 June 2008 09:30 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2008-06-02

I feel like Peter Fonda and Wes Bentley just are not devilish enough. Anyway all the creepy creatures look fantastic. I am sure men will love Eva Mendes? costumes so much they will be able to totally overlook her performance

Posted: 06 June 2008 11:17 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

I saw this movie only because of Nicola Cage, I liked every thing in this movie especially stunts thather that the story, the story i think was not well organised, thats why i think it really dint do well in the box office.

Posted: 02 January 2009 03:18 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-12-23

This is a lot more enjoyable movie.Nicolas cage has done a good job.It is Based on the Marvel character, stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze gives up his soul to become a hellblazing vigilante, to fight against power hungry Blackheart, the son of the devil himself

Posted: 30 March 2010 02:37 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2010-03-16

i don’t think its really a good movie.the story seems to be simple and action also simple indeed.but the action characteristic of nicolas cage was good specially when he runs the motor cycle with the chain and turns into devil.

Posted: 09 April 2010 11:55 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2010-02-18

I have seen this movie and enjoyed very much. The stunt scene is really amazing.  Story plot is also very nice. It’s a complete entertainment package.

Posted: 26 April 2010 08:06 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-04-26
littlebull - 02 June 2008 02:35 PM

I have this movie and I thought it was pretty good movie. I liked the graphics in it also. I always like weird movies, it came accrossed to me as a sci-fi thing and I usually dont like scf-fi but this one was good.

Very good movie, I also like it!

Posted: 28 April 2010 11:48 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-04-22

This movie was simply fabulous . I really loved watching it . Action sequences were marvellous . I loved Ghost Rider’s bike too . Thanks .
Michael .
Ovulation Calculator

Posted: 08 June 2010 05:43 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-06-08

I would love to see a proper Ghost Rider movie. dont let anyone involved in the first near this one, it was horrible not just as an adaptation of the character but as a movie.I think this movie is good. I like the flame coming out on his bike and face. its amazing how they done it. look so real. the story line is good. he was struggling for the truth. Poeple are just born to be to judgemental.

Posted: 12 June 2010 05:14 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-06-12

“My head is burning up,” exclaims Nicolas Cage as he stumbles out into the sunlight.

In the new feature film Ghost Rider, Cage stars as Johnny Blaze, a motorcycle stuntman who harbors a very dangerous curse. I guess when he was just a boy, Blaze sold his soul to Mephisto (Peter Fonda) in exchange for curing the cancer of his quickly fading father.       

Now many years later, Mephisto has come to collect and Blaze must track down four rogue demons before they unleash hell on earth. At night as part of his curse, Blaze becomes a leather-clad “flaming” skeleton biker whose powers will aid him on his journey. If he succeeds, Blaze will be freed of his curse.

The film was written and directed by Mark Steven Johnson, whose biggest claim to fame was the superhero film Daredevil. Johnson also wrote the pseudo-sequel Elektra. Johnson won some people back when he released his director’s version of Daredevil, which shifted the focus of the film and revealed his true intentions for the film.

But with Ghost Rider, I am starting to see where Johnson’s biggest fault is. When he writes these scripts he never gets the character’s true motives to why they are a hero and why they do the things they do. There are a lot of similarities between Ghost Rider and Daredevil, at least in their cinematic versions. such as the whole father-and-son dynamic as the springboard motivation to becoming a hero. Come on, Mark, not every hero is Batman.

Another similarity is that when Johnson wrote Elektra, he created a series of super-villains as sort of trials for Elektra. And once more, he does the same thing with Ghost Rider. When you create a superhero film, it is hard to make one on a character who doesn’t have any real great villains. Villains should complement the hero and have a purpose as well as almost be an extension of why the hero is who he is. That is comic book 101.

The best thing that Johnson did with Ghost Rider was that he didn’t take him or his star very serious. He hammed up portions of the dialogue and allowed there to be more of an invitation into who the hero is. It works well in certain portions but fizzles in some key scenes. The over-the-top performances from Nicolas Cage and the special effects team make this film a good “popcorn” movie. I also liked Sam Elliot’s mentor to Cage’s rookie. That was a great fit.

The biggest problems with the film were with the demon solo scenes, Fonda’s performance as Mephisto, and the belief that a motorcycle stuntman can attract as many fans as NASCAR.

Posted: 14 August 2010 02:32 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2010-07-14
Andru Edwards - 10 May 2007 08:46 PM

[gearlive]Filmcrunch-FilmCrunch050GhostRiderReview843.flv[/gearlive]

Veronica Santiago and Neil Estep review Ghost Rider in this episode of FilmCrunch:

Long ago, superstar motorcycle stunt rider Johnny Blaze made a deal with the devil to protect the ones he loved most: his father and his childhood sweetheart, Roxanne. Now, the Devil has come for his due. By day, Johnny is a die-hard stunt rider—but at night in the presence of evil, he becomes the Ghost Rider, a bounty hunter of rogue demons. Forced to do the Devil’s bidding, Johnny is determined to confront his fate and use his curse and powers to defend the innocent.

Be sure to subscribe to FilmCrunch in iTunes!

Ok.. and I will say you gave a crazy special entertainment to all.  I only heard about Ghost rider before it and you made me able to catch it in a eye blink.. You keep sharing such things and thanks a lot.

Posted: 18 September 2010 04:50 AM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2010-09-17

Its an average movie but cant say nicholas cage ‘s best ,could have been better. but i enjoyed the stunt scenes