2 of 2
I filed a chargeback against StormPay this evening.
Posted: 14 March 2006 03:46 PM   [ # 26 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2005-09-04
g-b0unp - 14 March 2006 03:21 PM
jdawg224 - 02 March 2006 05:45 PM

can we still do chargebacks?  some people got the email saying that its in violation with SEC to do chargebacks.  should we do it anyways?  also i have the same credit card as you, the citibank dividend mastercard, but my upgrade was months ago…  am i able to file a chargeback or is it too late?  this is so gay.

Yes, DO IT. StormPay is losing a lot of money from people performing chargebacks. That’s the only reason why they claim that it is a “violation” to do so—they are trying to retain as much money as they can. As far as I am concerned, you should suck those bastards dry. Get every penny that is rightfully yours and let StormPay cringe. Violation my ass. Don’t be bullied by StormPay!

I agree, you have every single right in the world to file a chargeback, dont wait for a refund thats going to be pennies on the dollar of what you deserve. The real money is going to go to those who filed chargebacks, not those who got scared by stormpay and waited for the refund

Posted: 14 March 2006 06:55 PM   [ # 27 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2005-11-06

did the courts rule that chargebacks are going to be denied? i think it was on the pdf

Posted: 15 March 2006 02:00 AM   [ # 28 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2005-09-04

Stormpay does not have the resources, time and money to fight every single chargeback dispute from every single credit card company, not to mention that they don’t have the evidence or reasonable enough proof to force the credit card company to deny you the chargeback (if you state that you feel defrauded by stormpay, not if you make up some bogus excuse like your card was stolen or something).  That is why the chargebacks are infact going through, stormpay is just saying that chargebacks will be denied so people will get scared and just not file one.

Posted: 15 March 2006 08:43 PM   [ # 29 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2005-11-06

well volcom good luck man, and you know if you want to help a fellow dp in debt lol =P

Posted: 17 March 2006 09:45 AM   [ # 30 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-01-31

I got 1k+ back from stormpay,thru a chargeback,it was a bitch though and i had to jump thru hoops to get it,but it was worth it.

Posted: 31 March 2006 09:55 AM   [ # 31 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Joined  2005-12-09

I have got my money back!!!

BUT:

Now my bank has got 30 (!!!) pages from SP where they argue that it’s not allowed and against their terms… I must sign a paper to keep SP away from MY money!

Have any of you guys got the same PDF file per mail from your bank??? I start getting nervous for how much time (and xxx) this will cost me…

Let’s stick together and help each other!

Posted: 31 March 2006 10:56 AM   [ # 32 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2005-12-20
TheDane - 31 March 2006 09:55 AM

Have any of you guys got the same PDF file per mail from your bank???

If you don’t mind, could you post this PDF file? I’m just kinda curious what those StormPay guys are up to. You did the right thing though, filing a chargeback against StormPay. They cringe a little more everytime another user steps forward and puts his foot down against their bull.

I don’t know if this will help or not, but if you are concerned about StormPay getting your money, perhaps you should close your bank account and open a new one.

Posted: 31 March 2006 11:02 AM   [ # 33 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Joined  2005-12-09

@ g-b….
I wouldn’t mind, but two reasons speak against it: The files are full of my personal information and I don’t know how to do.

Would it help anything if I closed my bank account??? wouldn’t they find me and keep scamming, threatening etc.?!?

Posted: 26 May 2006 01:04 PM   [ # 34 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2005-09-04

I Would like to inform you guys that both series of chargebacks I put in with my debit card went through

I recieved a total of 3,300 dollars back. PERMANENT CREDITS!! Stormpay never even tried to challenge my dispute.

Unfortunately, I was too late in calling up my credit card apparently and have to pay about 600 to them.

I’m happy though, its a lot better than nothing.

Now I can no longer worry about credit card debt and paying off a monthly bill every month

I was able to use the money I got back on stuff like going to san fransisco and buying a new macbook.

There is hope for all of us if we are willing to fight to the death! for our rightful money back.

Posted: 01 July 2006 12:16 PM   [ # 35 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2005-03-07

good to hear about ur success volcumpunk. And good luck with that Macbook, i’m planning to get one too, when Apple has ironed out all the problems.

Posted: 21 January 2008 06:34 PM   [ # 36 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  451
Joined  2008-01-19

hahahahaha

stupid loser

quit scamming people, you scammer

-dan

2 of 2