How To Salvage Electronics After Liquid Spills
Posted: 24 January 2006 06:49 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2005-03-15

I haven’t yet, luckily.  But, I worked for a cell phone provider and it was a constant customer service issue.  I don’t know about other electronics, but with a phone you take it apart completely and hand pat everything dry that you can.  Then you leave it open in a safe dry place for a few days.  I would say we had a 95% success rate, saving phones.  Sometimes, they just spend too much time in the water, and aren’t able to be saved.  It’s a good thing to read up on before an accident happens, that way you know right what to do when it does.

Posted: 27 May 2006 08:26 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2006-05-27

The biggest issue that ive got is the keyboard + coffee, tea or whatever drink issue. Ive bought 4 new keyboards in the past 6 months and should keep one spare really 😊

Posted: 28 May 2006 07:01 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-05-26

this is a tip that i can really use.  i am so clusmy and and am always knocking things over

Posted: 07 June 2006 08:19 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-05-27
angivodka - 28 May 2006 10:01 PM

this is a tip that i can really use.  i am so clusmy and and am always knocking things over

I’m with you.  I hate that brief moment in time when you realize you’re drink is about to spill all over the keyboard and there’s nothing you can do to stop it…what torture!

Posted: 07 August 2006 11:12 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2005-03-09
lyricb - 07 June 2006 11:19 AM
angivodka - 28 May 2006 10:01 PM

I’m with you.  I hate that brief moment in time when you realize you’re drink is about to spill all over the keyboard and there’s nothing you can do to stop it…what torture!

This actually actually happened to me today.  I had gotten up to do something and was just sitting back down and felt my arm hit something.  I looked and I all I could do was watch as my Coke ruined my keyboard I bought a couple of days ago.