Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1709
Joined  2005-09-19

game cube sucks im sure the rev. will :think:

Posted: 17 May 2005 10:03 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2005-01-03

1 Gamecube doesn’t suck.  It needs some better third party support, but it has some of the best games.

2 I pick PS3.

Posted: 17 May 2005 10:23 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Know It All
Total Posts:  6460
Joined  2004-12-22

I voted.

Posted: 17 May 2005 05:17 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1709
Joined  2005-09-19

MORE than half of gamecubes games are lame an for little kids . . . can it even go online ??  :lol:

Posted: 25 May 2005 01:50 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2005-02-24

i agree the gamecube sucks.
ps2 is too aimed at mass appeal, whereas xbox has more games that only us real nerds like. at least thats the way it seems to me.  i love my xbox, so i vote xbox 360.

Posted: 26 May 2005 03:23 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2005-01-03

1. Games are games.  They can be fun and not be full of shooting, blood, prostitutes, ect.

2. Games can also be fun with all those things, I’m not saying that all games should be like Super Mario Sunshine or whatever it was called. 😊

3.  I don’t see why “nerds” would be the kind of people that buy Xbox’s.  That would be pretty stupid.  I think they would be more likely to buy a PC that is powerful enough to play games.  Not some crappy console, which requires you to pay for things that are free on the PC.  (Multiplayer, Game Addons).  From my experiance the people that play on Xbox are idiots when it comes to technology, just a knotch above the people that can’t figure out why their computer isn’t working when the press the power button on the screen, but not the power button on the actual computer case.

4. Xbox 360 is the one that is aimed at mass appeal.  What do you think the crappy MTV presentation was for. 

5. The gamecube can go online, it’s not really used though.

Posted: 01 August 2005 04:14 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2004-07-29

[quote author=“Bootes”]1. Games are games.  They can be fun and not be full of shooting, blood, prostitutes, ect.

2. Games can also be fun with all those things, I’m not saying that all games should be like Super Mario Sunshine or whatever it was called. 😊

3.  I don’t see why “nerds” would be the kind of people that buy Xbox’s.  That would be pretty stupid.  I think they would be more likely to buy a PC that is powerful enough to play games.  Not some crappy console, which requires you to pay for things that are free on the PC.  (Multiplayer, Game Addons).  From my experiance the people that play on Xbox are idiots when it comes to technology, just a knotch above the people that can’t figure out why their computer isn’t working when the press the power button on the screen, but not the power button on the actual computer case.

4. Xbox 360 is the one that is aimed at mass appeal.  What do you think the crappy MTV presentation was for. 

5. The gamecube can go online, it’s not really used though.

You still have to pay for the internet, and most of the games for xbox with downloadable content make it free after a month or so, and content for the PC isn’t always free, like expansion packs for BF1942. I just like xbox because the ranking systems, the only game that I’ve played that really compared to it is Battlefield 2.

Posted: 01 August 2005 06:07 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  4472
Joined  2004-12-22

Sony has alot more games then Xbox..

so PS3

Posted: 08 August 2005 05:41 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2005-01-06

If you are truly into video games by now you would know that xbox is better then ps2 (A FACT). Also you would know that ps3 has ###### designs and graphics will be a slight better, but xbox 360 would be far better, more things to do and one of the best games. Also rockstar is going to be on xbox360 and ps3 yet bungie will only be on xbox, so right there xbox is better and the designs is really cool. Xbox360 is a gamers consol, it lets you switch your motherboard and harddrive without voiding you warrant, also ms will sell new motherboard and harddrive so you dont have to buy it off some site you dont trust. Xbox 360 will be far better then ps3

Posted: 08 August 2005 10:01 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1649
Joined  2004-09-14

[quote author=“Madskillzdc”]If you are truly into video games by now you would know that xbox is better then ps2 (A FACT).

Woah woah hold on there tex. The Xbox is a more powerful machine than the PS2, and it should be, it came out months after the PS2. Microsoft had time to plan a better design and one up the PS2 by using more powerful equipment.

Being the more powerful system does NOT make it better by default. Please what games does Xbox have on PS2? Halo and Halo 2. And that’s all you fan boys ever talk about.

The PS2 has so much more on the Xbox gamewise. Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, Socom, God of War, and let’s not forget Kingdom Hearts and a huge collection of Final Fantasy games. Sure they are making a Final Fantasy game for the Xbox, but it still can’t play all the older versions.

So it’s not a fact its more of an opinion, but the way I see it the Xbox is like a Ferrari without enough gas. Its still a nice machine but it doesn’t have the games that will power it up. I mean after all you can have the best console in the world, but with out more than 1 game its kind of useless.
[quote author=“Madskillzdc”]
Also you would know that ps3 has **** designs and graphics will be a slight better, but xbox 360 would be far better, more things to do and one of the best games. Also rockstar is going to be on xbox360 and ps3 yet bungie will only be on xbox, so right there xbox is better and the designs is really cool.

Well you may think it has a bad design but honestly thats just an opinion. And second of all its just plain ignorant to say the Xbox will be better and have more things it can do. There is not really much info out there on what the PS3 is going to be able to do. And also FYI Rockstar is a big partner with Sony. Sony is always going to get the GTA series first. And while Bungie does weigh on the issue, it’s not like having it on either side would make the system so much better than it was. (Unless of course you are a fan boy)

Xbox360 is a gamers consol, it lets you switch your motherboard and harddrive without voiding you warrant, also ms will sell new motherboard and harddrive so you dont have to buy it off some site you dont trust. Xbox 360 will be far better then ps3

Haven’t even heard of that. I doublt its true. Why would M$ do that? They’d loose hundred.

Posted: 08 August 2005 11:49 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2005-01-03

You can not open your Xbox without voiding your warranty, therefor you cannot change the anything in the Xbox without voiding it.

And I agree with the post above me.  All I ever hear about on Xbox is Halo, and Halo is an ok game but it’s nothing special. The hardware can be 50x better but that means nothing, it’s all about the games.

Posted: 08 August 2005 12:26 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2005-01-06

[quote author=“Bootes”]You can not open your Xbox without voiding your warranty, therefor you cannot change the anything in the Xbox without voiding it.

And I agree with the post above me.  All I ever hear about on Xbox is Halo, and Halo is an ok game but it’s nothing special. The hardware can be 50x better but that means nothing, it’s all about the games.

im talking about the 360 not the xbox rite now

Posted: 08 August 2005 12:29 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2005-01-06

this is my point

Posted: 08 August 2005 12:52 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3054
Joined  2004-12-29

[quote author=“Madskillzdc”]this is my point

rofl :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Posted: 08 August 2005 01:28 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2005-01-03

Yes you will be able to change the HD on the Xbox 360, but you can on the PS3 also.  This is because the HD is external on both consoles.

Prove me wrong with a link but I doubt you will not be able to change the motherboard without voiding your warranty, because opening the case will void your warranty, and I don’t see how you can change the motherboard without opening the case…......

Posted: 09 August 2005 07:26 AM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2005-01-06

no, i talked to xobx customer service and they told me alot of things, also every1 has free xbox live but they can switch to gold members, if you are a xboxl live member rite now your account will be switched to the 360 and you will be gold. All games will be online playable and HD. You can order a movie and invite a friend to play, you can connect your psp and other gaming consol to do some cool stuff. You can have a camera so you u can see who you chat with. There an x button in the middle of the controller and if you click it you will be on the xbox live menu. you can switch the panel to some funky sutff (front of xbox 360). Omg alot of things, also xbox 360 will be getting final fantasy and all the games made by the publisher. Dude they tell you to mod your xbox (you will be able to open your xbox and change hard drive without voidin your warrant). You can download custom downloads made by other users. Connect your pc to your xbox and ftp things in it. Browser the internet with the 360. Omg alot of things but i cant list them all it will takes days, aka ps3 is limited while the xbox isnt 👏

Posted: 09 August 2005 09:52 AM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Board Apprentice
Joined  2004-09-14

[quote author=“Madskillzdc”]no, i talked to xobx customer service and they told me alot of things,

First of all most of the guys that work there don’t know jack.

also every1 has free xbox live but they can switch to gold members, if you are a xboxl live member rite now your account will be switched to the 360 and you will be gold. All games will be online playable and HD.

Well a whoop de doo Basil. The PlayStation Two comes with the online adapter and guess what? You don’t have to pay anything. It will most likely be the same way for PS3. And I don’t understand your last sentence because it doesn’t make any sense. “All games will be online playable and HD”. Now you can’t assure that ALL games will be available for play online. So you are bluffing right there. And the HD part…I have no idea what you mean by that.
You can order a movie and invite a friend to play, you can connect your psp and other gaming consol to do some cool stuff. You can have a camera so you u can see who you chat with. There an x button in the middle of the controller and if you click it you will be on the xbox live menu. you can switch the panel to some funky sutff (front of xbox 360).

Oh didn’t you say it was a GAMERS machine? Well this sounds like a freaking multimedia center, not a gamers machine. Hell you are better off getting a gaming PC. It all goes back to one thing, do you want a Swiss army knife that might suck at what it was originally supposed to do or do you want something that is dedicated to what you wanted to do.
I mean its cool that it does all those things, but when I’m paying 300 for a video game system I want a machine that is dedicated to gaming, not some computer that does a million things and gaming.

AND LIKE ZOMG!! did you not know that the PSP will be able to connect to the PS3 and do much more than transfer files and stuff? LIK ZOMG!

And like I said before you and I have no idea what Sony has in store. It might be the same thing, it might not.

And like I said before it might be a mighty powerful machine but if the games suck then its not going to be good. If all they have that is good is Halo once again then M$ screwed themselves over and might as well stick to making Media Centers.

And remember that the backwards compability will only happen for certain games as of right now. On the PS3, it will go all the way back to PS1.
Omg alot of things, also xbox 360 will be getting final fantasy and all the games made by the publisher.

Tell me the part where people can play Final Fantasy 7 or any of the other Final Fantasy’s on the Xbox. Oh thats right, you cant’!

[quote author=“Madskillzdc”]Dude they tell you to mod your xbox (you will be able to open your xbox and change hard drive without voidin your warrant).

I’ll believe it when I see it. That sounds like a truckload of bull. What kind of videogame company encourages to mod your videogame system? That would give hackers the go to mod the xbox and if they break it they send it back? Doesn’t sound like M$ to me…
You can download custom downloads made by other users. Connect your pc to your xbox and ftp things in it. Browser the internet with the 360. Omg alot of things but i cant list them all it will takes days, aka ps3 is limited while the xbox isnt 👏

Well you can already FTP things into your regular XBOX if it is soft modded. Take days? Give me a break and stop exaggerating. I would really like to hear all the things that the X360 is going to do.

And it is so short minded of you to say the PS3 is limited when you have NO IDEA what it can or can’t do.

Posted: 09 August 2005 10:59 AM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2005-01-03

You will not be able to watch a movie and have someone else watch with you unless they pay for it also.  The movie studios won’t allow it.

Posted: 09 August 2005 11:34 AM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2005-01-06

dude you can do made stuff with the xbox 360 and yes the people that work there do know alot but everything i mentioned they didnt tell me. Your not better sticking with a psp cause xbox you can play games and not use up all your hd and it has way better graphics then the pc. Also hd is high definition. Also microsoft doesnt mean modding as in chips but they mean like switching your harddrive to a better one. Also i do know ps3. They will be having online and better graphics then the xbox 360 (but not relle better just a little). Also i dont know why you are adding playstation 2 into the convo(if you lose the online adapter you have to go buy another one while in the xbox it is standard). Getting a gaming pc costs alot of money while the xbox 360 wont cost that much. The machine is dedicated to gaming but if you add some extra stuff it wouldnt make it worse. Softmodding your xbox is voiding you warrant. Also if you really call yourself a gamer you would be watching E3 when they were showing xbox 360 and all the things it can do. Making your gaming system look cool and hooked up and have more things then most do doesnt mean it isnt dedicated to games. Dont be mad because microsoft is making systems better then sony, i once bragged and was on sonys side but you really have to give xbox a fair shot, so i did and i found that it is better. I will be getting both systems but i know that the 360 will be better for a fact. Dont talk #### about xbox if you dont know the facts, i know the facts for the ps3 so thats y i talk ####, i think sony is great but microsoft is better, i love the psp and i know that microsoft wont be making a portable system any time soon, thats a reason i like sony alot its because it brings new ideas, but microsoft gets the idea also and they extend it to some things you wouldnt belive. Final fantasy will be on the xbox because the owner of the publisher announced it at the E3. So really you cant talk #### about it cause from what it looks like you dont know anything except for what you belive in, i bet you didnt give microsoft a fair chance to proof themself to you and they do have some awsome rpg and they will be getting some that playstation has.

PROOF SOME OF MY POINTS:
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/articles/613/613343/vids_1.html
E3(PROOF ALOT OF MY POINTS)(INCLUDING RPGS)
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/xbox360hardware/media.html

Posted: 09 August 2005 11:36 AM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2005-01-06

just so u know, im not trin to be an ass but i really like the 360 so dont be offended

Posted: 09 August 2005 12:57 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-12-29
[quote author=“Madskillzdc”]just so u know, im not trin to be an ass but i really like the 360 so dont be offended

i like both but the prices gonna be upwards of 300 so i need to pick one(ps3)

Posted: 09 August 2005 01:05 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2005-01-06

why is that?

Posted: 09 August 2005 01:09 PM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-12-29
[quote author=“Madskillzdc”]why is that?

because im a sony fan and i like the games playstation puts out.

Posted: 10 August 2005 08:30 AM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Board Apprentice
Joined  2004-09-14

I will be back answering all your attacks towards the PS3 as soon as I feel better.  :D

1 2 > 
1 of 2