EphPod
Posted: 06 May 2005 12:58 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Know It All
Total Posts:  6460
Joined  2004-12-22

Does anyone in here use EphPod? :( I have a slight emergency.

I installed EphPod onto my computer, added a song to my iPod, the works. It’s working pretty much okay, except when I exit EphPod after saving any changes I’ve made to my iPod, it says I can’t disconnect my iPod.

I can perfectly well extract songs from it (even after restarting EphPod), add music to it, etc. Everything works, but I can’t disconnect it. I’m considering extracting all of my music and then uploading it all again onto my iPod if I really have to, but I really don’t want to go through all of that, of course.

If any of y’all use EphPod, I would really appreciate some help on my issue. I’ve posted the same thing into the ipodlounge.com fora, but no one is actually helpful over there :roll:

Also, what are the dangers of disconnecting my iPod while it still says “Do Not Disconnect”? If all it does is corrupt my music files, then that’s fine ‘cause, if it comes to it, I’ll have all my music files on my computer ready to upload once again so they won’t be corrupted. If it does something like totally reformat the HD or something, then I’m a bit screwed :(

Posted: 06 May 2005 03:00 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2005-01-03

You can go ahead and disconnect it.  If anything really bad happens to your iPod you can always run software update and reformat it, then just put all the music back on.  90% of the time nothing will happen to your iPod.

Posted: 06 May 2005 04:44 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Know It All
Total Posts:  6460
Joined  2004-12-22

Well, just wanted to update y’all in case you have questions about this sort of thing.

I did indeed disconnect when it said “Do Not Disconnect,” and nothing happened. It updated my music with new songs, it was still able to extract music from the iPod, etc. HOWEVER, I really suggest y’all not do this as it’s kinda risky. I probably got lucky with that.

Anyway, thanks for the help, and I’ll talk to y’all later 😊