Cable Descramblers or Filters: Which one to get and where?
Posted: 09 March 2006 03:18 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2005-03-07

well you should maybe get a better deal 1st,optimum has the triple play and for cable internet ,voIP phone and digital cable your bill will probably not excede $150 a month, around there anyway…but digital descrambers are useless I read because all it does is block the signal from communicating with the provider,which raises red flags anyway…so you will get the service when you order it thru your box but it will come back to haunt you.

Posted: 10 March 2006 08:35 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2005-03-07

Ye, so i hear. I read that when u take ur box out, if u dont clear ur memory from the box, they will bill u all at once. Also they will get suspicious to begin with and send someone in.

I dont know too much about this, but will getting an Analog Cable Descrambler help at all? I already pay $125 for digital and one extra channel?

Also this is a separate question, my college dorm has cable offering from the wall, and i’m pretty sure its analog. So will getting an analog descrambler help again?

Posted: 12 March 2006 07:17 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  511
Joined  2005-03-17

No, because all the premium channels like HBO, Cinemark, Showtime, etc. have moved to digital and are not even brodcasted to analog anymore so if you were to get an analog descrambler there would be nothing to descramble accept for what you or your college is already paying for.

Posted: 17 March 2006 06:13 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-01-31

I had a blackbox for analog and that #### worked like a charm,but then they went all digital.

Posted: 17 March 2006 08:52 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2005-03-17

Yea, my cousin had one for a while when all the good channels were still in analog, but then they went digital, kinda sucks.

Posted: 20 March 2006 07:12 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2005-03-07

Okay so here’s the deal. I’m getting an apartment for my 2nd year in college. I have heard that Comcast provides service to the area. Suppose I get just the HighSpeed internet. What kind of box do i get to feed the splitted cable line into? Would a digital descrambler be pointless? Should i just get analog descrambler? What if i dont care about premium channels and PayPerView? Does the digital box have an advantage over the analog?

P.S. I am assuming that people know about the internet cable line split hack.

Posted: 23 March 2006 01:48 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2005-03-17

If you dont care about premium channels just get an analog descrambler, that way you can get channels 2-98 or whatever it is for free. To my knowledge digital descramblers are useless, and I’m not sure about the internet cable split hack. So just get an analog descrambler. You can get one on ebay for $10 or so.